Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you couldn't join the live stream, take a peek at what you missed.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Water System - The most advanced realtime water simulation

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Moonlit-Games-Studio, Sep 7, 2017.

1. ibbybn

ibbybn

Don't get the negative comments. Didn't encounter any bugs so far,only user error setting it up wrong type stuff.
    Ok actually one bug, the jittering when looking up to the water at just the right angle.

Considering switching to unity 2018. Anyone tried UWS with it yet?

Is there an easy way to get rid of the transparency circle above the camera? Imho it looks too fake.
    Just point me in the right direction in the shader code if anyone knows where.

Also, has anyone found a good way to add your own underwater godrays? Only tried volumetric spot lights yet with aura but it looks bad with camera movements(ghosting).

2. stickybz

stickybz

I think the comment was useful though, as for £156.33 one could reasonably expect some support

recon0303 and ftejada like this.
  3. skaughtx0r

skaughtx0r

@ibbybn I played around with using 2018.1, I'm not using the latest released version of UWS though. I'm on the last hotfix prior to the last release on the Asset store with a fix for 2017.3 that someone posted on the forums. This works in 2018.1, however I am getting some rendering bugs, the water color appears to change or flicker sometimes. I'll probably try testing with the latest version sometime this week, I'll report back.

@stickybz I agree, for how expensive the asset is, you'd expect more support.

@MCPGNZ Which issues are currently being worked on if any? The last thing I saw you post was that you were working on OpenGL issues, whats the status with these?

4. luekio

luekio

Is it bad idea to buy this asset at this point? Seems like the dev has checked out...

Any alternatives that can handle big waves and boats?

5. Efril

Efril

It's definitely a bad idea. As to alternatives probably Suimono is the best. Of course it looks not so amazing. But it works, not lags and have very responsive developer who can help in case of any difficulties. Also note that out of box buoyancy system of Suimono is not perfect and you may have to buy something like Dynamic Water Physics also (especially if you have big ships in your game).
    You can also try Hydroform. As to me it looks more beautiful than Suimono but don't have underwater effects and seems have some technical problems. I didn't tried it myself. It would be better for you to read their forum thread.

6. emrys90

emrys90

When running my game server as headless without graphics, I get the following warnings/errors. Is there anything I can do to fix these?
    upload_2018-6-8_10-14-44.png

7. vahag_im

vahag_im

Did you try to add the latest patch and disable DX9 support?

8. emrys90

emrys90

Yes, I have. It only has issues when I run the game with the command line arguments "-batchmode -nographics" for my server.

9. seanybaby2

seanybaby2

Maybe you're not using your UWS in a large game environment? My experience has been the polar opposite of simple.

The scripts are riddled with bugs. I've had to implement hot fixes several times just to get the water to render well as dig into the source code for hours. It also causes the game to crash on VR with planar reflections very frequently. Additionally, it adds generated corrupted duplicated files into the repository on occasion. This has caused our teams entire version control to crash and stop working for days at a time. It was a nightmare to resolve and remove from the project.

Lastly I just spent the last two days trying to make a build and I have 2000 people waiting for an alpha tonight. The UWS system out of the box doesn't make builds about 80% of the time for VR. I finally pinpointed the error in the source code so I can make one tonight.

I think it's pretty fair to say this it's janky as hell. But damn does it look good. Or else I wouldn't waste my time trying to get it to work.

10. ftejada

ftejada

Is there still support for this asset ???

regards

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  11. ekergraphics

ekergraphics

Not currently, and that is very disappointing considering most customers here paid an upgrade fee only a short while ago.

Efril likes this.
  12. ftejada

ftejada

Now !!! ... I am among them ... I think that Unity should intervene in this kind of concrete cases and regulate this in some way ... I am already getting tired of being left behind by the developers of assets a few months after of release your product. There is no right to this.

@Moonlit-Games-Studio I do not want to offend anyone and I apologize in advance if I'm doing it because it's not my intention, but I think it's not our fault, that you as developers, do not evaluate correctly the viability of their product and abandon it within a few months without reporting anything, and with products that have things that do not work well or fail in certain plots.

I think the most correct thing is to at least inform about what is happening. It's the minimum they should do. We are all people and I think if they have a difficult situation with your product developers or personal problems, sure that most of us would understand ... whenever you go ahead with the truth.

As it happened with Sonic Ether ... He was overwhelmed by personal problems and could not continue with his SEGI. He was an honest uncle and finally ended up doing his free assets so that the community could improve it and use it.

This does not mean that all developers must free their product, simply that it is always better to inform us and go with the truth ahead ...

@MCPGNZ how I can get the data of the position of the crests of the waves that form in the water ...??

It can be obtained because from PlayWayWater in the crests of the waves we have spray of particles that came out in these crests of the waves ...

A greetting

13. 3DSim

3DSim

Hi - I have just purchased the UWS today for a project I am working on. I had been using unity's particle FX system to render a number of marine life underwater, as well as custom bubble and particle FX these no longer seem to be working with the UWS underwater. I can see the particles above water but not below the surface. Is there a way to render Unity's inbuilt particle shaders with UWS.

14. Stickeyd

Stickeyd

I have graphical artifacts at the border of the screen while in moving. Does anyone know how to fix it?
    7e33aa7f049b27a8cf4838af69580360.png

15. ibbybn

ibbybn

It currently only works with the UWS marine snow shader which only renders under the water.
    I've been looking a bit at the shaders lately but also haven't found a better solution yet.
    Other shaders work when geometry is near behind them but not with open water.

16. EceLStyle

EceLStyle

Could anyone make ship physics work big waves? Old Playway works on big waves, but UWS not responding big waves, check demo scene, change water wind to higher value, and see barrels flying.

Why "Physics demo" do not work? Documentation says 'Breeze water profile recommended', It's funny cause if you select calm, breeze or gale, they respond same, it's not about profile. Something broken watersample code, i could not find the issue.

Note: I don't want to buy 3rd party physics library. Do not direct me there please.

physics_flying.PNG
    barrel.PNG

17. EceLStyle

EceLStyle

Ok, i figure it out, enable allow CPU FFT from Water Project Settings. And Physics start to working. No need to buy a 3rd party library.

18. recon0303

recon0303

this is disgraceful, that people buy an asset, and one that costs so much, only to be IGNORED from day 1 and have a broken product, Unity needs to get involved as this is going to make people rethink buying anything anymore, I know I have nearly STOPPED as I get sick of seeing this.. Yes there are many good developers who keep supporting paid or not, I don't care I don't mind paying for upgrades, but NOT when they are broke, and not supported........That is what we call a scam... period....I feel this person bought it to make some quick money and didn't have a clue ....so he just collects money, and ignore us...because he knows Unity does nothing....Steam had the same issue and finally they did something....Unity I suggest you do the same, before you lose more customers.....

I have supported Unity for over 9 years and assets for many, tested many, helped many assets devs etc..........I won't defend this...This is a disgrace..... That is my 2 cents....

4 months and NO SUPPORT. for us either. Since the day we bought, we had to remove from our game.....wasted a few hundred bucks for nothing...... I won't do it again from a dev I do not know... Unity start getting rid of assets THAT DO not support there base..... This is unacceptable.. from these developers and yes we know they aren't yours..but you should get involved and have a policy regarding this....the asset STORE is full of this nonsense....

NO NOT BUY, if you plan on needing support EVER, you won't get it period.....If you do not care about support ever, then , it does look great but MOST people do have issues....

Efril, Lohrion, stickybz and 2 others like this.
  19. Lohrion

Lohrion

I agree with @recon0303. The support is non-existent, and the price tag quite high. If this behaviour is tolerated it will hinder sales on the asset store in the short term, and thereby cripple new and existing asset developers in the long term. I've already taken a step back from buying things from the store, I know of some others that did the same

Maybe we should involve a mod here to have at least some indirect channel to Unity. @hippocoder, what's your opinion on this, if I may ask?

20. Marando

Marando

upload_2018-6-24_0-16-24.png
    any one know what should I do in this situation?
    I use UWS 2.1.0 with Enviro 2.0.3
    the surface is not showing, but underwater is working

upload_2018-6-24_0-16-38.png

upload_2018-6-24_0-18-42.png
    \

21. Efril

Efril

You can report this asset through the new asset store interface. It should be removed so people would not waste money on it anymore.

22. ibbybn

ibbybn

I'm using both UWS and enviro with no problem. Not sure why it can't open certain files. Delete/Reimport? Disable DX9/Only allow DX11?

23. Marando

Marando

Hi!!
    yes!!when I delete and reimport UWS, it works!!!!!!!!!!!thank you very much !