Search Unity

Ultimate Water System - The most depreciated realtime water simulation [Depreciated Support thread]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Moonlit-Games-Studio, Sep 7, 2017.

1. chainsawpenguin

chainsawpenguin

This is completely correct. It is, however, the only workaround I've found; we really do need an actual answer on this.

2. C_p_H

C_p_H

My apologies but I thought Layers (layer assignments for components) can have an effect on rendering order.

I know another way is to change the rendering order is via Camera Depth settings if you're using more than one in the scene:

Camera A - Depth Value of 0 //This will render first.

Camera B - Depth Value of 1 //This will render second.

Camera C - Depth Value of 2 //This will render last.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  3. Unplug

Unplug

IT was probably ask before, but does it blend well With enviro, does it react to rain, does the fog match ?
    Does it work ok with Beautify scattering ?
    Does it support unity fog ?

I purchase aquas to only get disappointed about the lack of fog support

4. creat327

creat327

My feeling is that I've just wasted $150. The system is not different than Playway and it has exactly the same bugs.

1) I can't use it on Windows Store apps. UWP won't even compile. So I fixed it and made it compatible after a full day of work. Guess what? The shader doesn't work. And for me to understand that nightmare of a shader and fix it is way too much work. Why on earth this thing won't run on UWP which is a directx 11/12 machine for the expensive price we pay?

2) Bugs, bugs, bugs... bugs and more bugs... and when you think you've fixed them. BUGS! Seriously. The whole thing is so buggy I can't understand why it's not considered beta and dare to ask for $150. Import package, load demo scenes. Half of them won't work. And I have Unity 2017.2, Win10, 4.0ghz cpu, and NVidia 1080ti. Not exactly a hardware that would limit anything on the shader.

Try using Unity 2017.3 which is already on patch 4... won't work.

Now, switch to a different platform... like android. Try to compile your project. It will throw tons of errors. yeah, i don't expect the shaders to work on my android but I also don't expect that I need to remove the whole folder and reimport it every time i switch between platforms.

Switch to iOS. Same problem. You can't build unless you remove the whole ultimate water package from your project. Again, fine if it's not supported but why don't you detect that it's not on a supported platform and then take steps so that we don't need to remove/reimport every time we switch? and btw, apparently it should work on ios and apple tv. No idea how and no intention of fixing more stuff myself.

Switch to UWP and try to build. Have fun with that too.

Shader render queue is messed up. It will render on top of almost all your transparent objects, or behind, or in between. Your terrain tree billboards will be hidden. Got a lake with a forest? nah, your billboard trees will display however they feel like. Bug reported and posted from the ages of Playwater. Nobody replied on how to solve it. I managed to solve it after spending half a day understanding THEIR code. Makes me wonder why nobody replied to the bug reports on the threads, neither fixed it on the 3 months since reported. They don't know how?

Want it to work with fog? yeah, be ready to begin touching and retouching all over. Effects may or may not work, depending on order and setup. One may work, then stop the others. Performance? Horrible. Over 10 times slower than most competing water systems. Also you would need to understand the c# code, the shader code and ton of other stuff that is not even documented so you can fix and adapt all the mess. And the list goes on and on and on. $150? nfw, waste of money. I've spent 2 days working full time fixing this water bugs and it still won't run on UWP. The cost spent fixing this water is more than the cost of purchasing it. Horrible. I suggest any other water package until this thing gets moving. It seems nothing has been done since taken over from Playway. End of rant. Don't drop $150 on this until you see these issues addressed.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  5. csiro_rmc3

csiro_rmc3

I've had a pretty good run with playway water and the switch to UWS was ok too - glad to see the package continue as there is nothing else visually close to what UWS can do.

However I'm hitting an issue with the generating a standalone build and not sure how to progress.

In my app the water runs and render under the editor ok but I've noticed some glitching in framerate when the water is on - running on a high-end pc and 1080P. I have been using VR (noted in an earlier post there was mention of VR issues but I haven't tracked down the specifics in that thread). Has been working smoothly in the past and I've tried cutting down to just the water system running/rendering - with no change.

Figured I might be hitting some other overhead under the editor so I've tried building a standalone - getting the following error on some builds (but build again or swap to non-vr and build again and it passes the build).

Code (CSharp):
    1. Compressed shader 'UltimateWater/Variations/Water _ALPHABLEND_ON _CUBEMAP_REFLECTIONS _INCLUDE_SLOPE_VARIANCE _PLANAR_REFLECTIONS_HQ _WATER_RECEIVE_SHADOWS _WATER_REFRACTION _WATER_OVERLAYS _WAVES_FFT _PROJECTION_GRID' on d3d11 from 1.10MB to 0.12MB
    2. Shader error in 'UltimateWater/Variations/Water Volume _ALPHABLEND_ON _CUBEMAP_REFLECTIONS _WATER_RECEIVE_SHADOWS _WATER_REFRACTION _WATER_OVERLAYS _WAVES_FFT _PROJECTION_GRID': invalid subscript 'vec' at Assets/Ultimate Water System/Shaders/Includes/UnityStandardShadow.cginc(120) (on d3d11)
    4. Compiling Vertex program with SHADOWS_CUBE _WATER_OVERLAYS _WAVES_FFT
    5. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    6. (Filename: Assets/Ultimate Water System/Shaders/Includes/UnityStandardShadow.cginc Line: 120)
    When it does generate a build however I get the following exception repeatedly (and no water rendering):

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException
    2.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Material:Internal_CreateWithShader (UnityEngine.Material,UnityEngine.Shader)
    3.   at UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    4.   at UltimateWater.Internal.Blur.get_BlurMaterial () [0x00031] in D:\Projects\erev-final\ereview\Assets\Ultimate Water System\Scripts\Utilities\Blur.cs:44
    5.   at UltimateWater.WaterSubsurfaceScattering.OnWaterRender (UltimateWater.WaterCamera waterCamera) [0x0025f] in D:\Projects\erev-final\ereview\Assets\Ultimate Water System\Scripts\WaterSubsurfaceScattering.cs:138
    6.   at UltimateWater.Water.OnWaterRender (UltimateWater.WaterCamera waterCamera) [0x00032] in D:\Projects\erev-final\ereview\Assets\Ultimate Water System\Scripts\Water.cs:469
    7.   at UltimateWater.WaterRenderer.RenderEffects (UltimateWater.WaterCamera waterCamera) [0x0007f] in D:\Projects\erev-final\ereview\Assets\Ultimate Water System\Scripts\WaterRenderer.cs:71
    8.   at UltimateWater.WaterCamera.RenderWaterEffects () [0x0003d] in D:\Projects\erev-final\ereview\Assets\Ultimate Water System\Scripts\WaterCamera.cs:839
    9.   at UltimateWater.WaterCamera.OnPreCull () [0x000d8] in D:\Projects\erev-final\ereview\Assets\Ultimate Water System\Scripts\WaterCamera.cs:540
    10. (Filename: D:/Projects/erev-final/ereview/Assets/Ultimate Water System/Scripts/Utilities/Blur.cs Line: 44)
    I've tried cutting out any blur effects and disabling underwater and drops (running with Water Camera, Underwater IME and Water drops) but no change.

I did try the underwater demo on a clean project and that built standalone more readily but I did get a couple of instances of the compile issue above - haven't nailed down the pattern.

I'm on the current version of UWS 2.1.0 and tried recent hotfix but not sure that was related - using Unity 2017.3.0f3.

Has anyone else seen similar symptoms and have a suggestion of any part/settings to disable?
    Thanks.

6. JonasPersson

JonasPersson

I have a question.

Every object that has a "water interactive" script attached to it, seems to add an extra drawcall even if its not close to the simulation area, or even visible on screen.

Is there any way to only make the objects close to the water simulation area render?

If not, this seem highly unoptimized. What i you have an open world with thousands of water interactive objects?

Thanks!

ftejada likes this.
  7. HP

HP

The error on build comes from "Assets/Ultimate Water System/Shaders/Includes/UnityStandardShadow.cginc" because the "struct VertexOutputShadowCaster" has no "vec" defined but the method "VertexOutputShadowCaster vertShadowCaster(VertexInput v)" use "o.vec = posWorld.xyz - _LightPositionRange.xyz;".
    Simple failure but this stops the build.

Code (CSharp):
    1. //#ifdef UNITY_STANDARD_USE_SHADOW_OUTPUT_STRUCT
    2. struct VertexOutputShadowCaster
    3. {
    4.     float4 pos    : SV_POSITION;
    5.     V2F_SHADOW_CASTER_NOPOS
    6.         #if defined(UNITY_STANDARD_USE_SHADOW_UVS)
    7.         float2 tex : TEXCOORD1;
    8.     #endif
    9. };
    10. //#endif
    11. // ...
    12. VertexOutputShadowCaster vertShadowCaster(VertexInput v)
    13. {
    14.     VertexOutputShadowCaster o;
    16.     // ...
    18.     #ifdef SHADOWS_CUBE
    19.     o.vec = posWorld.xyz - _LightPositionRange.xyz; o.pos = mul(UNITY_MATRIX_VP, posWorld);
    20.     #else
    22.     // ...
    24.     return o;
    25. }
    EDIT: I looked into the UnityCG.cginc and there is a define of "V2F_SHADOW_CASTER_NOPOS" as "vec : TEXCOORD0" but only if other things are defined:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #if defined(SHADOWS_CUBE) && !defined(SHADOWS_CUBE_IN_DEPTH_TEX)
    2.     // Rendering into point light (cubemap) shadows
    3.     #define V2F_SHADOW_CASTER_NOPOS float3 vec : TEXCOORD0;
    4.     // ...
    5. #else
    6. // ...
    It can be fixed with replacing the line 52 of "Assets/Ultimate Water System/Shaders/Includes/UnityStandardShadow.cginc" with:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. #if defined(SHADOWS_CUBE) && !defined(SHADOWS_CUBE_IN_DEPTH_TEX)
    3.     V2F_SHADOW_CASTER_NOPOS
    4. #endif
    And change the line 120 of "Assets/Ultimate Water System/Shaders/Includes/UnityStandardShadow.cginc" with:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. // #ifdef SHADOWS_CUBE
    2. #if defined(SHADOWS_CUBE) && !defined(SHADOWS_CUBE_IN_DEPTH_TEX)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  8. csiro_rmc3

csiro_rmc3

Thanks HP, I was about to post that I also worked around the error by replacing the assignment to o.vec to o.pos= but that was a fudge just to progress - your solution looks more correct.

An update on the exception - figured I'd misconfigured something while copying the underwater demo over to my application. Now that I can reliably build the runtime, I exported a prefab from the demo and then started to change things one object / component at a time. Using the demo objects worked so I started to bring back my object config one-by-one (water object, camera settings, then introducing my other objects - scene objects, character, ui / etc). Now I can't get the original exception to occur anymore.

This is a good thing except I can't isolate what the original failure case was again to offer advice if others hit the same issue - except start from the demos again and reimport all settings. Perhaps it was a consequence of the failed shader compile (or something random like the act of reimporting changing some important dependency order inside Unity).

In any case, I'm back on track - and the water looks as good as ever... and I'm still glad this plugin is available and being actively maintained - please keep up the great work devs and thank you to all forum posters!

C_p_H likes this.
  9. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

Thanks for the quick fix HP, works fine now! :)

10. Xype

Xype

I get a massive amount of null reference in standalone build 2017.1.3 anyone found a workaround for this?

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Material:Internal_CreateWithShader (UnityEngine.Material,UnityEngine.Shader)
    at UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) [0x00009] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts\generated\common\runtime\ShaderBindings.gen.cs:260
    at UltimateWater.Internal.Blur.get_BlurMaterial () [0x00031] in D:\Unity Projects\testingAssets\Ultimate Water System\Scripts\Utilities\Blur.cs:44
    at UltimateWater.WaterSubsurfaceScattering.OnWaterRender (UltimateWater.WaterCamera waterCamera) [0x0025f] in D:\Unity Projects\testing\Assets\Ultimate Water System\Scripts\WaterSubsurfaceScattering.cs:138
    at UltimateWater.Water.OnWaterRender (UltimateWater.WaterCamera waterCamera) [0x00032] in D:\Unity Projects\testing\Assets\Ultimate Water System\Scripts\Water.cs:469
    at UltimateWater.WaterRenderer.RenderEffects (UltimateWater.WaterCamera waterCamera) [0x0007f] in D:\Unity Projects\testing\Assets\Ultimate Water System\Scripts\WaterRenderer.cs:71
    at UltimateWater.WaterCamera.RenderWaterEffects () [0x0003d] in D:\Unity Projects\testing\Assets\Ultimate Water System\Scripts\WaterCamera.cs:839
    at UltimateWater.WaterCamera.OnPreCull () [0x000d8] in D:\Unity Projects\testing\Assets\Ultimate Water System\Scripts\WaterCamera.cs:540

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/ShaderBindings.gen.cs Line: 260)

11. JonasPersson

JonasPersson

Hi!

I just updated the water to the latest version.
    I noticed one thing.
    Before i uptaded i could use a deactivated mesh to generate the ripples (with the water interactive script). This was good because then objects made up of many many meshes could use one simplified (deactivated, not visible) mesh to generate the ripples. This is not working after i updated the water asset.

ftejada likes this.
  12. JonasPersson

JonasPersson

Hi again!

Since i updated the water i can no longer access the settings in my water physics script..

I tried importing the new water asset in an epty project on unity 2017 1.1 and 2017 3, same thing

getting this error
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.PropertyHandler.OnGUILayout (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyHandler.cs:198)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.PropertyField (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:7652)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.PropertyField (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:7646)
    UltimateWater.Editors.WaterEditorBase.PropertyField (System.String name) (at Assets/Ultimate Water System/Scripts/Editor/WaterEditorBase.cs:320)
    UltimateWater.Editors.WaterPhysicsEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Ultimate Water System/Scripts/Editor/WaterPhysicsEditor.cs:29)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1240)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  13. Harekelas

Harekelas

Hi, I've got an issue here:
    My game show no water after build, anyone has encountered it before?
    What may caused it?

14. SciePro

SciePro

UWS is also not working for us anymore after upgrading to 2017.3 - we can´t compile due to shader errors.

15. MCPGNZ

MCPGNZ

Just a quick update,
    I'm currently working on fixing UWS under Unity 2017.3,
    i do think that I'll be able to publish the fixes today.

16. Harekelas

Harekelas

I'm using unity 5.6.3, and the water does not show after build,
    what may caused this?

17. MCPGNZ

MCPGNZ

I've pushed the b2 hotfix to our server (this is a fix for the Unity 2017.3 + build problems).

@creat327
    I've found that the billboard problem is only in the Default Queue, you can change the Water Camera to use either Forward or Deferred (I'm looking into default queue to find what's wrong).
    I will try to add UWP support (but it's definetly not the highest priority as i do not think that's the most popular choice for target platform (as nobody else even brought it up in the comments)).

@Unplug
    I've tested the plugin with DeepSky Haze and it worked without any problems. But I've not tested it with every plugin so you can either ask here, maybe someone uses other systems.

@cjcatrix
    The problem you mentioned is fixed and you can download the hotfix by entering your invoice number in the site mentioned above.

@JonasPersson
    I'll have to look into the water interactive script and will get back to you on this. (I'll ad an github issue if this is not optimised in any way). About mesh visibility - can you add a github issue, it's probably very simple to change but it will be easier for me to manage. I've solved the Water Physics and it'll be available in 5 minutes.

@HP
    Thanks for the solution for all the people experiencing problems with 2017.3, i was not able to make it sooner so you've helped me a lot.

ekergraphics likes this.
  18. AndreBengtsson

AndreBengtsson

Hi!

We're having some questions and some troubles, and wondered if you could help with any of those :)

When dealing with the underwater absorption I would like to be able to control the background color and the absorption separately. So for example if I adjust the absorption so that the underwater environment objects gets a nice blue color and they fade out at the distance that I want them to, the background is very, very dark, almost black. And if I adjust the absorption so that the background is a brighter blue color, the underwater environment objects basically look like above water, with no color change at all. I hope you understand what I mean :p

The water projector decals act very weird when close to the edge of the screen. They intensely stretch out. I don't know if we're doing something wrong or if it's a bug.

When adding the water physics script to an object we get a null reference exception which leads to the inspector not getting rendered and we can't use the settings in the script.

We're using Unity 2017.1.0f3

Thanks in advance! :)

Flurgle likes this.
  19. ekergraphics

ekergraphics

Hotfix worked in 2017.3, thanks!

Also noticed that reflections near horizon was fixed in VR which was nice.

Plus, finally managed to get a water subtraction volume going, and saw some nice depth fading on the submerged hull.

Next is trying to get some foam or wake going with a really large water projector... (the foam in the water settings is for shorelines only, I'm guessing? It doesn't work with subtraction volumes, because I'm not seeing it in that case...)

waterline.jpg

There's a strange dark line between the water subtraction volume and the model inside, though. Not sure how to mitigate that without increasing the complexity of the collider mesh (though perhaps that doesn't have much of a performance impact).

Also, the submerged objects are tinted light brown for me when viewed through the water... I don't know at all where that color comes from, as the water surface is pretty close to the color I chose in the shader settings. Anyone have any ideas?

Flurgle likes this.
  20. recon0303

recon0303

Not sure if this has been posted, but we sent in a reply the other day , so trying to get some info, on the shore demo, we noticed the foam is black, anyone know the fix for it? I also made my own scene, same issue.

Thank you for any info, sorry if anyone posted this before... Unity 2017.1

21. FullMe7alJacke7

FullMe7alJacke7

22. JonasPersson

JonasPersson

Hi!

1.Is the water physics script fix in the hotfix you linked?

2.About the mesh visability on the water interactive objects, its not super important, i just put the objects on a layer thats not rendered by the camera, so dont bother to much about that issue.

3. About the water interactive objects getting rendered (and adding a drawcall) even though they are not near the water simulation area. This seems to be a big performance hit for my game, since i have a lot of water interactive objects. I could do a workaround turning the script on and off myself. But this feels like an ugly solution.

23. recon0303

recon0303

anyone else ever get support? tried emailing, nothing,and posting here. Has anyone seen black foam is so any ideas? Thanks.

24. wwolfy

wwolfy

Hi there,
    first of all I would like to thank you for this great asset. It's far the best I have ever tried.

I would like to ask some information about:
    1. How to enable the rain particles on the water surface?
    2. How to achieve the water circles on the water surface around the dropped object?
    3. How to detect the surface (I would like to have some splash sounds on impact). The 'TransparentFX' layer is not working for me.
    4. I have rain particles exploding on impact.. It is working everywhere but with the UWS not (Also tried with 'TransparentFX'- not working)

Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

Wwolfy.

25. chainsawpenguin

chainsawpenguin

Soooo... Caustics don't work in Forward rendering, and Anti-Aliasing doesn't work in Deferred rendering.

It has taken me a LONG time to figure this out. Can we get a "Caustics" section added to the documentation? And is there any chance it will ever work with Forward rendering?

26. creat327

creat327

anti-aliasing doesn't work on any type of rendering. Or at least that's what the documentation states. You can't enable antialiasing while this is running.

27. ekergraphics

ekergraphics

Is this new? Is this why I suddenly cannot have anti-aliasing on in my 2017.3 project?

We've been using Playway Water, and now Ultimate Water for a year, and we've always used anti-aliasing.

What version do I need to go back to in order to get anti-aliasing back? It's absolutely needed for VR!

28. ekergraphics

ekergraphics

Ok, I just loaded an old 5.6 version of my project with Playway water in it and updated it to 2017.3. My project still had anti-aliasing enabled.

Then I removed Playway water and added Ultimate water instead, and now I can no longer enable anti-aliasing.

This is unacceptable. Can the developer please explain this?

We have an upcoming show on the 12th of march, and we must now either revert to 5.6 (with the reflection and subtraction volume bugs) or get a fix before that date!

EDIT: Searching this thread, I now see that I myself noticed the lack of anti-aliasing back in November, but then apparently forgot about it (we haven't had an active VR project until now). But the search function didn't reveal much else. So did we just throw our money into the ocean (pun intended) by upgrading to Ultimate instead of staying with Playway, which apparently is still being updated in parallel?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  29. Fraconte

Fraconte

You can't use MSAA, but other types of anti-aliasing are ok. Have you tried those in the Post Processing stack?

30. Fraconte

Fraconte

Perhaps you can try to scale the collider a bit down.

31. chainsawpenguin

chainsawpenguin

I'm sorry, I was *talking* about the post-processing stack.

Caustics don't work if you are using forward rendering, and there's an awful dark grey line around the shoreline, and the shore foam looks terrible and grey, but FXAA works GREAT.

The shoreline looks great, the caustics work, and there's not that weird grey line around the shoreline if you are using deferred rendering (and the Water Camera is using the Image Effect Forward rendering), but both FXAA and TAA don't work at all.

It would really help if the documentation were expanded to include an explanation of how to use Caustics.

For those who are trying to get Caustics to work, here's what I've figured out so far:

Create a light (you can use your directional light in the scene), and add the Light Water Effects script.
    Set Caustics to Projected Mode, and use your preferred texture (a good Caustics one is included).
    Scroll Speed, Distortions 1, Distortions 2, and UV Scale can all be modified to adjust the look of your Caustics.

In your Water Camera script on your Camera in the scene, drag your light onto the Effects Light.

Finally, make sure that your Render Mode in the Water Camera is Image Effect Deferred, AND, up in the Camera script of the Camera itself, that the Rendering Path is Deferred (or this is set in your project settings, and the Rendering Path is set to Default).

If you do this, none of your game models will be able to take advantage of the Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing in the post-processing stack.

If, instead, you would like to have smoothing applied to your models, you can set the Water Camera Render Mode to Image Effect Forward, and the Camera Rendering Path to Forward (and have a post-processing stack applied to the camera with Anti-Aliasing enabled, a Method of Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing, and whichever preset you want; I am currently using Extreme Quality). This will allow your models to be anti-aliased nicely with the Ultimate Water System enabled, but Caustics will not work at all. ​

If you find anything to the contrary, or (even better!) a way to use the post-processing anti-aliasing with the caustics, PLEASE post in this thread!!

32. ekergraphics

ekergraphics

That is not the point. The point is that you can use MSAA in Playway water, but not here in Ultimate water, which is supposed to be the upgrade.

You can't just take away a major feature like that (and yes, it is MAJOR. It is so important for VR that Unreal Engine developed a new forward rendering path just to get MSAA, which is why I seriously doubt that any post processing effect would have the same result. And similarly to the forward path in Unreal, I'm willing to sacrifice some graphical fidelity in Playway to get MSAA back).

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  33. MCPGNZ

MCPGNZ

@AndreBengtsson

I'll check the projectors behaviour, as for the underwater absorption, it must wait for the other fixes.
    Th WaterPhysics was fixed, download the newest hotfix (you can read how - here) there was a problem with custom editor after refactoring.

@ekergraphics
    The dark line you're seeing is probably due to the collider being a little bigger that the model (as @Fraconte sugested).
    As for the brown objects - are they close to the water surface and does the color tint stays constant with different object depths?

@recon0303
    Hi, sorry for not responding quicker. Which platform are you using UWS on? The best way for us to communicate would be through the github issue, this way we can talk more directly.

@FullMe7alJacke7
    Does the same happen when in the samples provided. I'll need more information to help you. You can create an issue here. Do you, by any chance, use separate camera to render the water?

@JonasPersson
    Yes, the problem was that after refactoring, the name of the variables in the custom inspector were left unchanged (as they're stored as strings)

About the interactive objects - I'll try to deal with it asap.

@wwolfy
    Hi, there is a sample scene showing the basic setup to dynamically simulate water waves from object/particle impact.
    The provided documentation describes how to setup _Water Simulation Area_ and use _Water Particle Displacement_ needed for this.

@chainsawpenguin
    I've tested it on Unity 2017.3.1f1 and the TAA works without issues in the caustics sample scene.
    The caustics was implemented in a way that only works with Deferred rendering path. I'll add the documentation.

34. recon0303

recon0303

PC, Windows 10 64. I also tested on my other machine windows 7 as well, I have different machines I test games on .. all had the DEMO with this issue and my own scene.. UGH not a fan of GITHUB I emailed you and my partner did, suppose I can get him to use GITHUB since he likes it.

35. ekergraphics

ekergraphics

@MCPGNZ

Could we please get a statement as to why MSAA is disabled in Ultimate water when it works in Playway water?

Also, what is the timeline for bringing MSAA support back to Ultimate water?

36. MCPGNZ

MCPGNZ

@ekergraphics
    Hi,
    Go to the Edit -> Project Settings -> Water and turn off Disable Multisampling, then you can go to the Quality settings and change anti-aliasing, the Ultimate Water System will not override your settings.
    The MSAA should work with Rendering Path: Forward (in Camera script) and Render Modes: Default Queue and Image Effect Forward (in WaterCamera script).
    When using Render Mode: Image Effect Forward you must toggle Allow HDR in the Camera script.

37. Timspurgeon

Timspurgeon

Hello Everyone, I am using enviro and when i go uner the water or in the water my sceen turns to solid fog. If I disable the underwater IME I dont have this issue. any Ideas I also have Unistorm and it works fine but Id like to use Enviro

38. MCPGNZ

MCPGNZ

@Timspurgeon
    I've answered you in private conversation.

@JonasPersson
    I'm working on a solution and created issue for your problem, you can check it here.
    I'll upload the solution today, feel free to respond in the github thread as there could be things I'm missing, I've added some thoughts on the problem & solution.

39. Timspurgeon

Timspurgeon

Wow Ok thank you so much

40. Timspurgeon

Timspurgeon

Here is some screen shots one is before I try to go under water then whin I start

Attached Files:

41. MINJU-KANG

MINJU-KANG

I received an answer.

this..

This is due to how the depth-color calculations are performed, transparent objects to not store the depth information in the depth texture, and when the color is computed, the "algorithm thinks" that the current pixel is far away. The best solution to this problem would be to create UI-camera that renders only UI after the main scene.

Is it possible in VR(htc vive) environment? UI-camera?
    Is there any other solution?

42. ekergraphics

ekergraphics

That is really good news, thank you!

Still, it would be interesting to know what advantage there is to disable MSAA? Why is this seemingly preferred now?

Also, several users (other than me) are still under the impression that MSAA doesn't work with this assett, and the documentation that's still shipping with the asset also states this (page four).

43. snacktime

snacktime

So what approach would you use to show skinned mesh renderers intersecting the water, like character models swimming for example?

44. snacktime

snacktime

Nm, the problem was the custom shader on the character, works as expected.

45. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I am interested in this water system but it costs a lot of money. Do you have a sale go on in the next couple of month? I would like to test the system at first becouse the videos are not giving me what i want to know.
    Can i use this water in a multiplayer game?
    Can i use this with more then one player at one place and/or at different places and how is the performance if for example 4 players are move thrue water not far apart?
    The beach shore in the video is looking not good.
    Can i use this together wit a procedural landscape by example created with map magic and voxeland?

46. JonasPersson

JonasPersson

Nice! Great to hear! sounds like i good solution:)

47. angel_m

angel_m

Very impressive water, but, I don't see any foam shore.
    Anyway, I'm afraid you´ll need a Geforce GTX 1080 to get at least 30 fps...

48. HXCMAN

HXCMAN

Untrue, we’ve attained perfect with this and an A8

49. creat327

creat327

how? I can't even get it to display on a mac, and on the iPhone x it doesn't show either.

50. creat327

creat327

Any progress on making this work on UWP XAML build? i'm losing hope on the project already.