Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate VFX - Massive Visual Effects and Particle System Collection

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MirzaBeig, Aug 22, 2015.

1. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

@vice39

Hi there! Have you added any effects from UVFX to your game around where it crashes? Or is it just that having the asset imported crashes your build, too? Both sound like Unity issues, but I know these are there with 5.5.0f3. 5.5.0p3 fixed several issues with particles and crashes so you may want to check the release logs for that here:

- https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases?version=5.5

Patch 4 has also been since released.

2. vice39

vice39

Installing 5.5.0p4

Unity versions and stability are pure insanity. I don't know how you guys can work like this.

3. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

I've just installed p4 myself to see if I can confirm if the problems are gone. I noticed that in demo builds with f3 (not p3) I was having crashes with certain particle systems.

Edit: Just confirmed that the crashes I was having before are gone with p4, so I think that may resolve your issue. If not, let me know and I'll look into it further.

4. vice39

vice39

Great! It's still installing here.

Can you rebuild the demo app and update the download link?
    I use it often to browse the effects and it does crash a lot.
    Great work BTW, I really like this asset.

MirzaBeig likes this.
  5. vice39

vice39

Works! 5.5.0p4 solved the problem.

MirzaBeig and hopeful like this.
  6. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  7. Quast

Quast

Can I use the free asset package on my own commercial game ?

8. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

@Quast

I'm assuming you're referring to Inferno VFX? Yes :)

Quast likes this.
  9. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

docsavage, Quast and hopeful like this.
  10. docsavage

docsavage

MirzaBeig likes this.
  11. wildspaceace

wildspaceace

Hi, I just bought Ultimate VFX (v2.6). Very Cool! Is there anyway to access the demo scenes shown in the asset store (floating rocks, animated lights, etc?) I was hoping to receive everything shown in the youtube vid on the asset store page, as you said in your youtube tutorial videos.

12. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

@wildspaceace

Hi! The demo scenes are included in the package. The documentation covers how to navigate through the entire asset, and you can find the demos in Mirza Beig/Particle Systems/Ultimate VFX/. From there, you can find the main demo scene in 1 - Assets/Scenes/ or the expansion packs in 2 - Expansions/[NAME OF EXPANSION]/Scenes/.

You can also just type in "(demo)" in the search bar to get all the demo scenes included.

More can be downloaded here:
    - http://www.mirzabeig.com/products/ultimate-vfx/project-demos/

13. wildspaceace

wildspaceace

Thanks for the quick response. I was referring to the scenes in your youtube tutorial videos and in the asset store videos (that include rocky base, floating stones, etc.) as opposed to the more generic scenes in the scenes folder. Did this change with later versions? I have one scene for each expansion. Should there be more?

Also, when I load any demo scene I get about 48 warnings about missing scripts, especially on the effects camera GameObject.

14. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Yes, they used to be in the demos but were taken out because of feedback from users (it was detriment to the focus of the asset). The missing scripts are just from the Standard Assets and Cinematic Image Effects packages from Unity Technologies. I kept the scripts on and didn't include the packages so you could import them in and have the same look as from the demo scenes without having non-essential components. They should only show up on the first import. The documentation has some more information about this.

15. wildspaceace

wildspaceace

Really? Users wanted less assets? Wow. Well, I guess that just sucks for me. I wanted what was shown. I feel disappointed. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond, I appreciated it.

Edit: FYI, Mirza made good on this post (below)! Thanks Mirza. Excellent product support!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    MirzaBeig likes this.
  16. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I hope this lives up to your vision for these particles.;) Love the tutorials btw.

Well sorry for the wait, but here is the first featured asset video to give people an idea of what AI Warrior's approach to AI is all about.

The featured asset video below is the first to show what can be created with AI Warrior, and other Premium assets I support, as well as their authors I believe in.

Featured assets:

AI Warrior from Kurotatsu Studios.

-ootii's Motion Controller, Sword and Shield Pack with Adventure Camera.
    -Adam Goodrich's Gaia, Gena, and Pegasus.
    -3D Forge's Village Exteriors Kit.
    -Shpakivnia's Hair Tool.
    -Guzu Cloth Editor.
    -kripto289 Mesh Effects.
    -Mirza Beig Ultimate VFX

MirzaBeig likes this.
  17. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

@wildspaceace

No worries, if you'd still like to get what you saw in those videos, I believe I have that exact version of UVFX (v2.0) and I can send that to you. It'll have the same stuff and demos. Can you send me an email or PM with your invoice?

18. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

@kurotatsu

Thank you so much for posting that video! The title menu alone looks amazing. Very Final Fantasy-styled, from which I got a lot of inspiration for the particle effects from. I'll take a look at the rest soon since I'm in a hurry. Exciting stuff!

hopeful and kurotatsu like this.
  19. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

When ya get a chance, watch it all the way through as you are in the credits.;)

As ya can see I network with quite a few asset authors I support, and truly believe in, and I'd love to add you to the list, so PM me if you'd like to discuss some future planned featured asset videos, and maybe some future particles for your aptly name Ultimate pack.

MirzaBeig likes this.
  20. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

I watched it all the way through. Thanks for mentioning me in the credits :)
    I'll send you a PM.

kurotatsu likes this.
  21. PabloMontero

PabloMontero

Wow Mirza, impressive asset for the community.

I'm going to use it for a artistic video-mapping projection with dancers. I want to track and draw the particles with my Digital Pen, painting strokes of particles following the movements of the dancers.

Any hints or tutorials can guide me? I'm not a skilled programmer, need a lot of help with tutorials.

Thank you very much!!

22. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi PabloMontero. Sorry, but I don't think I can help with that. I haven't done anything with live video dancer particle tracking specifically. It sounds like a more generic issue.

23. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Hey @mirza,
    Has the Plexus effect been added to the new update? Thx

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  24. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

@pixelsteam

I haven't yet pushed the next update for UVFX. The new component is still in development and I'm in the process of revamping the force affectors, too. The new updates to Shuriken with all the different types of simulation spaces and scaling modes makes it somewhat difficult to extract data from particles relevant to the appropriate combinations selected by the user. It makes tracking down bugs difficult, and optimization is still a priority with all of these.

I've already found and fixed several issue in both the Plexus effect and the force affectors, and I think plexus is just about done, but the force affectors are going through another revision. Once that's done, I'll submit for approval on the store. :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    kurotatsu, hopeful and pixelsteam like this.
  25. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

@pixelsteam

I don't have any new PMs. You messaged me on January 18th and I sent a reply with a link to the version of Plexus I had back then. Did you mean that?

26. melonhead

melonhead

i am thinking of purchasing the ultimate vfx package but our game is soon ready and running in unity 5.3.6f1 will the latest package for 5.4.1 run in 5.3.6f1 so that we dont have to upgrade everything in our game, we have tested our game in latest unity version but 5.3.6f1 has better frame rate for our game.

will the storm vfx be backward compatible as it says 5.5.0

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    kurotatsu likes this.
  27. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

@melonhead

Hey there! The current version of UVFX on the store requires Unity v5.5.0f3. I haven't tested it for 5.3.x at all since upgrading, so I can't say if the prefabs would work for a version from over a year back. I think it would be safest to not risk it. At the very least, I know there would be some issues with the custom components because I specifically leverage newer Shuriken features.

28. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Oh, I'm also about to test out UVFX with VR for the first time ever now... I've always wanted to see what it's like.

kurotatsu likes this.
  29. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

That oughta be shweet, mang.

MirzaBeig likes this.
  30. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

It's AMAZING! With the exception of one prefab so far, every effect I've looked through looks great. What's better is that I tried "The Last Particle" demo and it just worked really well... I might make another video soon. Flying around as a particle in VR is wild! All I had to do was change two variables on the player controller so that camera's FoV was in a higher range. I've already made a new scene for the demo in VR and I'll see if I can make some more cool demos with this later.

For any particles that may have a weird orientation facing the VR camera rig, all you have to do is change some settings for the render mode of that system (for the one effect that looked really bad, I just changed it to render to a cube and it worked perfectly).

You can also go to Project Settings -> Quality -> Billboards Face Camera Position and uncheck that or turn it on and see what works best for you. Beyond this, I'm not entirely sure what issues people are having with particles. I've really only used it for < 1hr, so I may find something else.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    pixelsteam and kurotatsu like this.
  31. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Wish I could make my next vid from that perspective.lol

Oh well, after my next update, and tutorial videos I'll be fleshing out the next featured asset video, of which UVFX be featured once again for sure.:D

MirzaBeig likes this.
  32. vice39

vice39

The Downloadable Demo has a looping effect called "EngineThruster", but I can't find that in the asset files. Am I missing something?

33. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

@vice39

I think you downloaded v2.6.3, since the v2.6.2 demo on the site doesn't have that effect.
    There's a note indicating below the download that it isn't live on the store. The next version on the store will be v2.6.5.

You can send me a message or email with your invoice number if you'd like the latest copy I have sitting on my computer. I'm about to put it together for someone else, too.

34. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Oh, by the way - this is for everyone and may be helpful:

upload_2017-2-13_18-18-22.png

It takes me no more than 2-3 minutes to have the entire asset into my project. Build times will be longer, though (for the first build).

hopeful, kurotatsu and Adrad like this.
  35. vice39

vice39

Is there a way to share your asset across many projects? My projects folder is growing alarmingly in size

36. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

@vice39

That's a question about how Unity uses assets in general. You can look around, but the usual way is to have them per-project since it saves a lot of meta data.

hopeful likes this.
  37. hopeful

hopeful

Just do your particle FX production in the one project that has UVFX. Then export finished FX out of that project and import them into your game project.

MirzaBeig and kurotatsu like this.
  38. gio_987654321

gio_987654321

Hello
    I m really happy to use your VFX asset .I ve just invest on your plugin . amazing !

Ive got a question (maybe someone has posted yet , and very sorry if its the the case)

before Ive installed some free Inferno demo elements on my scenes .
    I thunk if i ve bought your VFX editor asset i could to edit them . But Its appear the prefabs seems lock yet . I don't watch anywhere this Inferno pack ready to setup /transform .

Is there a way to edit demoprefabs Inferno demo or do i must rebuild himself ?
    Manythanks for your help
    Best regards
    GiO

39. gio_987654321

gio_987654321

OK im reaaly sorry . ive found it . so soorry for this last stupid question .
    I must rewatch your tutorials ... but i run after time to finish my project .

40. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Glad you figured it out, Gio!
    Update: I've submitted v2.6.5 of UVFX as of yesterday, so I expect it to go live later this week or early next week.

-----------------------------------------------

v2.6.5:

- New component: PARTICLE PLEXUS!
    -- Refer to documentation for more details.

- Significant improvements to force affectors.
    -- Performance (faster + no persistent GC allocations).
    -- Several bugfixes due to simulation spaces and scale modes.

- Some more prefabs.

-----------------------------------------------

(Docs have been updated, too - mostly for Plexus).

> http://www.mirzabeig.com/products/ultimate-vfx/documentation/

Also slightly updated demos to reflect what's included in the next version:

> http://www.mirzabeig.com/products/ultimate-vfx/demos/
    > http://www.mirzabeig.com/products/ultimate-vfx/project-demos/

pixelsteam, hopeful and kurotatsu like this.
  41. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Here's an example of realtime swarm-like behaviour with target seeking using Ultimate VFX's updated (efficient) force affector components:

The current update won't have this prefab (I just made it right now), but I can make it available as a patch since it uses the same components.

Might be fun to compare it to this video of massive starling swarms/flocks (warning: there's music):

Arganth, hopeful and kurotatsu like this.
  42. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

upload_2017-3-9_14-7-20.png

Yaaaay. v2.6.5 is live.

kurotatsu likes this.
  43. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Downloading now.:D

hopeful and MirzaBeig like this.
  44. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Lots of more cool things made and in store with Ultimate VFX.

This is an interactive wallpaper I made which is based directly off the next update's XP Titles scene:

All of those background effects, including the interactivity portion will be part of the next update. The update won't have any of the audio, but I'll leave in the GO audio sources so you can drag and drop whatever you'd like. I'm using the built-in Oculus spatializer that became native to Unity as of 5.4 for spatialization, so there's nothing too special anyone has to do for that.

Here's a gfycat of one of the newest effects:
    > https://gfycat.com/GentleEdibleElk

And here's a video just showing some more of that inside the editor:

docsavage and hopeful like this.
  45. gcastro3d

gcastro3d

Mirza, do you have any tutorials/assets that are mesh based fx? like stuff that's combined with using say shader forge or shader driven fx? Looking forward to purchasing ultimate vfx and going through the tutorials.

46. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

@gcastro3d

Hey there. If you mean effects that are entirely animated using shader parameters and then projected to a non-simple mesh, then unfortunately I haven't made any tutorials like that and none of my assets rely heavily on those sort of techniques. So far the shader programming I've done has been by hand, although I am interested in trying out Shader Forge some more later on.

gcastro3d likes this.
  47. andyland

andyland

Just purchased this and I'm quite happy with it. Really great asset! Well worth the money.

I noticed there is a TITLES folder in the expansion section, and a demo scene showing various particle systems with animating text. Do you plan on, or is it possible already, to break a piece of text into particles? By this I mean, can all the particles in a system resolve into a piece of text? Or, can a piece of text be exploded into a particle system? Technically, I imagine this would be non-trivial, but I just wondered if this was something you might offer.

Thanks!

48. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

@andyland

Hey there! It's not possible with anything included with UVFX right now. I may look into this, but right now Unity is working on getting TextMesh Pro implemented so I expect some major changes? I'm not sure if they're losing their old system entirely or what their plan with that is.

49. tng2903

tng2903

Hello,

I loved your visual fx, and just want to ask if you have any plan to also deploy your beautiful creations to Unreal Engine in the near future?

Another silly question, where and how do you learn to do those damn beautiful effects? Teach me master

50. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

@tng2903

Hello. :)

At the moment, I don't have any specific plans to port UVFX to Unreal, but I have been strongly considering lately to try it out since I've never explictly worked with Unreal myself and I think it would be fun.

I learned just by playing around, mostly, although there's a brief mention on the first page about my background in particle systems programming before I used Unity. That probably helped me get acquainted a bit quicker.

I do have a growing collection of tutorials I've made if you'd like to check them out:

> My YouTube Channel w/Tutorials

tng2903 likes this.