Search Unity

1. Click here to see what's on sale for the "Best of Super Sale" on the Asset Store
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate VFX - Massive Visual Effects and Particle System Collection

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MirzaBeig, Aug 22, 2015.

1. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi! Thank you. :)

With the way Plexus is setup now, this is not possible unfortunately. Each instance of Plexus operates on its own system only.

2. claudius_I

claudius_I

Hi

there is a dust (earth) effect?

3. Valentino_Chiarla

Valentino_Chiarla

Hi dear, thanks for your work. I have little problem, like post processing. There isn't profile in the linked package and so I can't recreate the same glow and fog effect. Can you link me only the profile asset? Thanks

4. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi there. The profiles are in the package, but you should have the post-processing stack before importing. Is there some other issue? If so, can you please post screenshots so I can get a better understanding of what's going on?

5. kevdome3000

kevdome3000

Does this work with URP?

6. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi there. No, sorry. UVFX has not been tested with the new pipelines.

7. santera12

santera12

hi there, your work is great and I love it, you are a unique being in this work

by the way, any updates or features or ideas coming next?

Quast, JBR-games and hopeful like this.
  8. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi! Thank you for the kind words :)

I don't currently have any updates planned. Things have become very busy for me and it's hard to crank out things like I used to be able to as a result. I do have some hopes in the back of my mind on what I'd like to do/add, but that's about it.

JBR-games likes this.
  9. Jamesgz

Jamesgz

How should I decrease the size of the spreadsheets? My target is pc 1440p. Is setting the max size for each spreadsheet 2048 enough? Should I do compression low quality too?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  10. aniva26

aniva26

Hi! This seems like an amazing pack- I'm very new to Unity and already purchased the pack, but am having trouble getting it to open in Unity? When I hit "open in unity" from the "My assets" page it pulls up the Unity Hub, but then doesn't add anything there (no new projects or anything) and I'm not sure where to find these resources- So sorry if this is a very basic question and thank you in advance for your help!

11. hopeful

hopeful

This is a basic "how to use Unity" question. You may have figured it out already, but you have to create a new project and open it first, so you can import the UVFX asset into it.

JBR-games likes this.
  12. yomanx

yomanx

Hey guys, can i know settings for the android platform? When i use particles in iOS - everything works perfect, but when i try to start my game in Android i get strange hard shine when the particles on the scene.

iOS Example:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  13. Jon_Brant

Jon_Brant

Any idea why the portal effects are eating so much FPS? I added two portals to my game, and it took the FPS from 60 to 30-35. I made two builds, one with them and one without them. That's the only difference. I have a lot of other VFX going on, and they don't put a dent in it

14. bzkarcade

bzkarcade

Is there a plan to support SRP in the future?

DragonShadow and Imperatoss like this.
  15. AlexSorokoletov

AlexSorokoletov

@MirzaBeig I've bought the asset pack and it looks like there are some items missing and also it is slow on oculus quest.
    I was wondering how do I get a refund back. Thank you

16. netpost

netpost

@MirzaBeig This is a great asset! Is there a check list to do for rendering VR 360 views? I uncheck the post processing but I can still see a room (box) in most of my 360 rendering.

Thank you for your help!

17. leeprobert

leeprobert

Having major issues downloading and importing the package atm. Took about 5 attempts to download because of a Unity handshake error, and the import is hanging too.

18. hopeful

hopeful

Well ... just so you know, the developer for this package has no control over that. If your problems persist, you should contact the Unity asset store staff.

19. jsunandmax

jsunandmax

status of URP? If we want to 'hand convert' to URP, what is required?
    Re-assign proper shaders and re-assign textures at minimum...what else?

thanks!

20. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi!

URP is not officially supported.

Unity's built-in converter should be able to handle a lot of the conversion, but there are custom shaders in the package used by some of the materials on the effects that it can't handle.

Some of these shaders were made years ago, before Unity had similar shaders available already included. In newer version of Unity at least some of the features are there now using the Standard Particle Shader variants, such as distortion, camera distance fading, and frame blending.

As far as I'm aware, material/shader issues are the only problems if using either URP or HDRP.

DragonShadow, Rallix and hopeful like this.
  21. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hello,

I don't have any plans to support SRPs for UVFX. The reason being that although a one-time conversion can be done (in a very tedious fashion), I'd then also have to support legacy, URP, and HDRP at the same time, which would be too much for me to handle on my own.

hopeful and bzkarcade like this.
  22. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Apologies for the late forum response.
    Although I've still been replying to any support e-mails.

23. EGA

EGA

Is there any plans to make it fully compatible with URP?

24. giantkilleroverunity3d

giantkilleroverunity3d

I need to make ring trails like the trails left by smoke rings and maybe the rings themselves but thats later. I really just need the ring trails. I thought I would ask before I start down this rabbit trail not knowing if this asset can do it. I have purchased it.

25. Niroan

Niroan

Hello Mirza

First of all thanks for great asset!.

Im having and issue with my particles. Cause they have trails setup. How would i archieve this ? So that i can use the trails inside the sprite?

26. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi! Can you elaborate on the issue? If you have screenshots explaining what you'd like?

27. maewionn

maewionn

Hey Mirza :)

Thanks for the amazing ultimate SFX package, it has already found it's way in a few of my games :D
    Anyhow, I am always having trouble scaling them up properly. especially things liek the flame field or the pyrogeist. Even if I go into every particle system and increase emission, size speed etc (which is always incredibly tedious), the effects are lacking. Is there any "quick conversion" tool, like the normal scaling should be, to increase the size of a part sys without setting all parameters by hand?

28. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi! You should be able to select all systems and set their scaling to hierarchy to be able to use the transform controls to scale them (similar to any other object in Unity). Not all particle effects can be scaled this way due to specific settings, but most should be fine.

unityunity