Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate VFX - Massive Visual Effects and Particle System Collection

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MirzaBeig, Aug 22, 2015.

1. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi! Thank you. :)

With the way Plexus is setup now, this is not possible unfortunately. Each instance of Plexus operates on its own system only.

2. claudius_I

claudius_I

Hi

there is a dust (earth) effect?

3. Valentino_Chiarla

Valentino_Chiarla

Hi dear, thanks for your work. I have little problem, like post processing. There isn't profile in the linked package and so I can't recreate the same glow and fog effect. Can you link me only the profile asset? Thanks

4. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi there. The profiles are in the package, but you should have the post-processing stack before importing. Is there some other issue? If so, can you please post screenshots so I can get a better understanding of what's going on?

5. kevdome3000

kevdome3000

Does this work with URP?

6. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi there. No, sorry. UVFX has not been tested with the new pipelines.

7. santera12

santera12

hi there, your work is great and I love it, you are a unique being in this work

by the way, any updates or features or ideas coming next?

Quast, JBR-games and hopeful like this.
  8. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi! Thank you for the kind words :)

I don't currently have any updates planned. Things have become very busy for me and it's hard to crank out things like I used to be able to as a result. I do have some hopes in the back of my mind on what I'd like to do/add, but that's about it.

JBR-games likes this.
  9. Jameszxg

Jameszxg

How should I decrease the size of the spreadsheets? My target is pc 1440p. Is setting the max size for each spreadsheet 2048 enough? Should I do compression low quality too?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  10. aniva26

aniva26

Hi! This seems like an amazing pack- I'm very new to Unity and already purchased the pack, but am having trouble getting it to open in Unity? When I hit "open in unity" from the "My assets" page it pulls up the Unity Hub, but then doesn't add anything there (no new projects or anything) and I'm not sure where to find these resources- So sorry if this is a very basic question and thank you in advance for your help!

11. hopeful

hopeful

This is a basic "how to use Unity" question. You may have figured it out already, but you have to create a new project and open it first, so you can import the UVFX asset into it.

JBR-games likes this.
  12. yomanx

yomanx

Hey guys, can i know settings for the android platform? When i use particles in iOS - everything works perfect, but when i try to start my game in Android i get strange hard shine when the particles on the scene.

iOS Example:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  13. Jon_Brant

Jon_Brant

Any idea why the portal effects are eating so much FPS? I added two portals to my game, and it took the FPS from 60 to 30-35. I made two builds, one with them and one without them. That's the only difference. I have a lot of other VFX going on, and they don't put a dent in it

14. bzkarcade

bzkarcade

Is there a plan to support SRP in the future?

Aetherial87 and Imperatoss like this.
  15. AlexSorokoletov

AlexSorokoletov

@MirzaBeig I've bought the asset pack and it looks like there are some items missing and also it is slow on oculus quest.
    I was wondering how do I get a refund back. Thank you

16. netpost

netpost

@MirzaBeig This is a great asset! Is there a check list to do for rendering VR 360 views? I uncheck the post processing but I can still see a room (box) in most of my 360 rendering.

Thank you for your help!

17. leeprobert

leeprobert

Having major issues downloading and importing the package atm. Took about 5 attempts to download because of a Unity handshake error, and the import is hanging too.

18. hopeful

hopeful

Well ... just so you know, the developer for this package has no control over that. If your problems persist, you should contact the Unity asset store staff.

19. jsunandmax

jsunandmax

status of URP? If we want to 'hand convert' to URP, what is required?
    Re-assign proper shaders and re-assign textures at minimum...what else?

thanks!

20. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi!

URP is not officially supported.

Unity's built-in converter should be able to handle a lot of the conversion, but there are custom shaders in the package used by some of the materials on the effects that it can't handle.

Some of these shaders were made years ago, before Unity had similar shaders available already included. In newer version of Unity at least some of the features are there now using the Standard Particle Shader variants, such as distortion, camera distance fading, and frame blending.

As far as I'm aware, material/shader issues are the only problems if using either URP or HDRP.

Aetherial87, Rallix and hopeful like this.
  21. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hello,

I don't have any plans to support SRPs for UVFX. The reason being that although a one-time conversion can be done (in a very tedious fashion), I'd then also have to support legacy, URP, and HDRP at the same time, which would be too much for me to handle on my own.

hopeful and bzkarcade like this.
  22. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Apologies for the late forum response.
    Although I've still been replying to any support e-mails.

23. EGA

EGA

Is there any plans to make it fully compatible with URP?

24. giantkilleroverunity3d

giantkilleroverunity3d

I need to make ring trails like the trails left by smoke rings and maybe the rings themselves but thats later. I really just need the ring trails. I thought I would ask before I start down this rabbit trail not knowing if this asset can do it. I have purchased it.

25. Niroan

Niroan

Hello Mirza

First of all thanks for great asset!.

Im having and issue with my particles. Cause they have trails setup. How would i archieve this ? So that i can use the trails inside the sprite?

26. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi! Can you elaborate on the issue? If you have screenshots explaining what you'd like?

27. maewionn

maewionn

Hey Mirza :)

Thanks for the amazing ultimate SFX package, it has already found it's way in a few of my games :D
    Anyhow, I am always having trouble scaling them up properly. especially things liek the flame field or the pyrogeist. Even if I go into every particle system and increase emission, size speed etc (which is always incredibly tedious), the effects are lacking. Is there any "quick conversion" tool, like the normal scaling should be, to increase the size of a part sys without setting all parameters by hand?

28. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi! You should be able to select all systems and set their scaling to hierarchy to be able to use the transform controls to scale them (similar to any other object in Unity). Not all particle effects can be scaled this way due to specific settings, but most should be fine.

29. Icyteck01

Icyteck01

I know i can't get my money back so i will just write a review. This asset looks nothing like in the video don't buy it. it looks plain in graphics without post processing V1 and poorly design.

30. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hey there. Yes, the project uses the post-processing stack (which is written in the product/store page), and the promotional videos are recorded directly from the sample scenes.

There's even a download link to a build of the included sample scene where you can toggle the post-processing and preview the effects, available since (last updated) Sept 24th, 2018.

The screenshots below I took literally just now, and they look exactly like those in the video.

upload_2020-12-4_7-57-33.png
    upload_2020-12-4_8-1-8.png
    upload_2020-12-4_8-2-45.png
    upload_2020-12-4_8-1-35.png

sarynth likes this.
  31. sarynth

sarynth

I've been using this for years and I'm always finding new pieces to pull into my project. I also appreciate that you added the Mouse Particles checkbox just for me (I think). ;) Thanks Mirza.

hopeful likes this.
  32. hopeful

hopeful

I don't know what you were hoping for and didn't find. Perhaps you can tell us what effect you were trying to achieve, and get some help on how to get it done?

33. create3dgames

create3dgames

I'm surprised at this point there's no word on URP support.

34. Cover-Club-Media

Cover-Club-Media

Can you please send me a refund request as your product went on sale 2 days later. I'll rebuy it again at a discount. Very annoying that this happens. There should be some form of honor on sale pricing within a reasonable amount of time.

35. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi there!

The way sales are conducted is that publishers opt into them after invites are sent early on. The dates are then executed by Unity, we don't initiate them ourselves for official sales. Even with physical goods, there's not always a warning when a product goes on sale, and this is true for other digital plaforms, like Steam. Sometimes you walk into a store and the soda is on sale, even if you bought it a few days ago at full price. Other times it can be expected (this time of year in the Western hemisphere has sales going off left and right).

Still, as a consumer of the asset store I can somewhat understand your frustration. Please shoot me a quick e-mail on the support address with your invoice and I'll get in touch with Unity on your behalf.

chelnok and sarynth like this.
  36. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

I'm afraid that it would be difficult for me to manage multiple render pipelines for an asset of this size. At one point I may do a massive passover, upgrading shaders left and right and creating new prefabs for each pipeline, but for now there are no plans for SRP support. I'd have to create new shaders, new materials, and new prefabs. Then I'd have to switch back and forth between multiple pipelines to test hundreds of effects.

Not only that, but these were made with the gamma colour space, which is forced to linear in HDRP. Each effect would need to be coloured again between the pipelines.

sarynth likes this.
  37. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

It's been a while, and I haven't heard from you. If you'd like some help setting up UVFX to look it's best in your project, please get in touch!

38. Cover-Club-Media

Cover-Club-Media

Email sent. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  39. Gateway70

Gateway70

Quick question.. do this work on the Quest 1/2 by chance? Basically how mobile friendly are these and what render do you use? The last question is do these require any custom scripts. I have a platform that doesn't allow custom scripts to be attached to the prefab.

40. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi there,

I don't think I've tested directly on the Quest myself. As for mobile, the performance of each prefab varies. The main prefabs were not made with mobile specifically in mind. There's a construction kit included, however, made up of specific effects that is very mobile friendly and they can be stacked easily to build new effects.

UVFX uses the legacy/default render pipeline, and some (a handful) of the effects need scripts, but the majority do not even if they have one attached as they're usually only for demo purposes.

The construction kit is over 180 prefabs and was added some time ago in v3.5.

upload_2020-12-23_19-13-33.png

41. Gateway70

Gateway70

Thanks for replying.. the only reason I ask about scripts is that altspace a vr community which uses unity when we build custom worlds are not allowed to have any scripts attached when we upload to their system.. I would love to test some of the vfx in my new world im building but it needs to ver performant esp for the quest 1, anything slow can make people motion sick, while im on the fence of buying them and finding out I was wondering if you had any mobile (android) examples that I could throw in.. also cant use any high resolution textures due to the nature of mobile and keeping texture memory in check..

Thanks!

42. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

If you can roughly describe an effect, or choose one from the demo, I can try and make it with UVFX and send you an Android build. You can decide based on that if UVFX is the solution you're looking for.

The main demo is available here at the bottom:

http://www.mirzabeig.com/products/ultimate-vfx/

My personal test device is a Galaxy S5.

43. Gateway70

Gateway70

Kinda looking for cool environmental particles.. upload_2020-12-25_15-7-46.png

44. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

That effect is not one of the ones that would be suitable for mobile without modification. It has too many particles. Is there any specific environmental effect you're thinking of? Environmental particles can mean a lot of things.

45. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Oh, hello. Didn't see you there.
    ...what's this?

teaseruvfx2.png

Ultimate VFX II, the sequel-
    an entirely new asset built from the ground up (not to be confused with the old v2 of the currently released UVFX).

I've been using HDRP throughout development, and it'll have at least a few features that can only be supported on this platform. The teaser image was made from mashing together actual effects from the package so far. I've learned a lot since UVFX was released right at the start of 2015, and it's been updated like crazy since then. This sequel will reflect all that new knowledge: about what people want, asset organization, and of course the effects themselves.

HDRP's official particle shader landscape is barren. The default pipeline had the amazing particle-focused variation of the Standard shader, so I'm making (and already have made a lot of--) new shaders that do everything that shader did, plus a lot more. URP support is likely, but I can't confirm until I'm further into development and can better gauge how much effort I'll need to throw in to sustain both.

I'm really excited to announce this, but I also want to set realistic expectations. In the past I've suddenly become extremely busy or had to deal with unexpected issues in life (the usual stuff that can happen to solo devs). The actual release date is a while away.

If anyone is looking for anything specific they'd like to see in this new package, I'm all ears (or eyes... reading)! I'll post updates as I go along on progress.

46. Jairusx

Jairusx

Hi. Is this working with URP?

47. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hi there. There is no official support for URP or HDRP for Ultimate VFX. It works with the default pipeline.

48. augustdds

augustdds

Mirza TY TY TY for this amazing asset. Honestly in my top 3 I have ever purchased! How can I change to be scaled in the hierarchy? I looked everywhere. Thanks again

MirzaBeig likes this.
  49. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Hello!

upload_2021-1-17_20-7-49.png

You can change the scaling to Hierarchy in the particle system's main module.

50. Aetherial87

Aetherial87

Are you planning on recreating the effects in the existing package in UVFX-2 Particle Boogaloo or will it be exclusively new effects? Beautiful work in the original, btw, haha.

unityunity