Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Unity Networking project - Add multiplayer to your game today!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by MikeHergaarden, Jan 25, 2011.

1. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Nope it is in there, but not extended or documented any further (copied from Unity's own networking example, if you haven't seen it, take a look!)

2. Vordas32

Vordas32

Hi to everybody,

I import MH2 networking package but Unity says I got error. This is in console "Assets/Standard Assets/Scripts/FPSWalker.js(10,21): BCE0005: Unknown identifier: 'FPSChat'." . I try do delete and comment that script but than I got lot of errors. What can be a problem? I also try to reimporting but always this error. I also do not have M2HNetworking ->Reset buildsettings in menu. I do not have M2HNetworking in menu. I try to reset Unity but nothing apears in menu. Please help me if someone have the same problem to tell me how to fix this.

3. KJIB

KJIB

I've been through all the posts in this group but don't see definite answers to these questions which I'd like to know before I can buy:

1) Has the latest version of your tutorial been tested and shown to be bug free in C# with Unity V4+?

2) There were reports of the demos not working reliably with Android devices. The last answer to part of this looked like it was mysteriously cut off! Has the latest version of your tutorial been varified to work bug/issue free with C#, Unity 4+ on Android devices please?

4. dongvanhung

dongvanhung

Could someone give me only GameSettings.cs (or JS ) files. I cannot access to assetstore, when i download project then not have GameSettings file, please :(

5. Scotchigo

Scotchigo

Hi Good Day

Would just like to say thanks for an awesome tut and scripts. i have purchased this and would say it was one of the best purchases i have made next to purchasing unity 4.x. i am having a problem though and would like a quick reply if at all possible as i am busy with a class project. anyway the problem is this... ""Assets/Standard Assets/Scripts/FPSWalker.js(10,21): BCE0005: Unknown identifier: 'FPSChat4'.)" and every time i try and access this file in mono developer. It crashes regardless which one i try and access js or C#. well i jope this is enough info and thanks again.

Kindest Regards

6. Scotchigo

Scotchigo

Exact same problem hope this gets a response soon

7. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Please try downloading the package in a totally empty project(no standard assets!). The issues reported with FPSChat can only happen when overwriting the package files with standard assets from Unity. However, the latest version of the package should not interfere with the default asset as it had been renamed to FPSChat4 FPSWalker4 (from tutorial 4).

I have resubmitted the package on Unity 3.5.6. Furthermore I have just dropped the price from $85 -> $50.
    This should address all reported issues, if not, please let me know.

I have just quickly ran the project in Unity4 and it looks fine. There are warnings about the change in ".active" but everything should work. I will actively support Unity4 in case something breaks.

According to the Unity webshop, both android and android pro should support Unity Networking. Therefore this package should work fine on Android as well. Do be aware of possible connection problems because mobile devices are usually behind strict networks (to host a game)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  8. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

The update from last friday contained scenes with missing scripts (Example scenes: add multiplayerfunctions.cs)
    An update for this has been submitted and should be live in 24 hours.

9. Scotchigo

Scotchigo

Hi Good Day.

So far great peace of work. and I am still a happy purchaser of this product. I would just like to know if you can point me in the right direction a bit. I have my scene loaded with the lobby and the game. every thing works fine until I click "Start game". then in the game window it just sits on "Starting...Loading the game: 0%". but if I view in the Scene editor I have control over my character but the game window displays the loading screen and does not move from there. this is quite a problem and I have gone through the errors and the only ones that point to your system is a warning "Calling GetNATStatus, but we haven't finished testing yet!".

I have tested it with the web player as the client and the client also gets stuck on the loading screen but the spawner loads the desired character and I can view both characters in the Scene Window. there are a few other major errors but that connects with my movement script. and even if I remove the player and just try and run a blank game it does the same thing any ideas would be great.

P.S. Not sure if this was mentioned in the forums before but its a major hassle going through 21 pages so far of comments and reading them all to find a problem that is similar with a possible solution. it would be great to get this forum on your site with different categories of problems.

Kind Regards

10. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

That sounds like the scene is loaded, but the game never gets past the first frame (so the graphics never update). If so, there must be a infinite loop somewhere? Do you notice high CPU usage?
    If its not a infinite loop..then are you sure you have an active camera somewhere in your game scene?

I assume this is not using the exact mainmenu and game scene from the package, but a modified game scene?

11. jmaster2012

jmaster2012

12. zanozza

zanozza

Hi, Mike!

Sorry for asking (so long theme and I can't find an answer).

Would you be so kind to tell me, will you explain the situation in your great tutorial, when players plays, but dedicated server decides, which simulation is "right"?

I would avoid situations:
    - when dedicated server starts simulation on his side;
    - when we have server or "master" simulation on one from client (we can't believe in clients, isn't?)

Thank you in advance!

Vlad

PS. In Aasset Store' descriptio: "...Includes 24 pages documentation...". But I can not see any docs in Package Content. Only Readmy.txt. Is that correct?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  13. jkrassman

jkrassman

Hi Mike,

Some questions before I push the button!

1. Does the material work for Unity4 Pro?
    2. I am also having the pro iOS plugin and wonder if your material could work for network games with that?

Joakim

14. pjenness

pjenness

Hi

I just purchased this and am working thru the tutorial and examples now. So far so good thanks.

Im hoping to distribute our game on iOS and have the iOS basic upgrade version.

I read a few times in this thread about needing pro version for Unity base and the iOS version? IS this still the case.

Eventually I'll upgrade to Pro for both, but was hoping more closer to release date. So Im wondering what is in the pro versions that makes you need them both to distribute what is in your projects for iOS? Is there anything that can be disabled to at least get most functionality working?

Also I notice the project was aimed at v3.5 has Version 4 made any major differences to be aware of?

Cheers
    -P

15. Andreas12345

Andreas12345

After i update the project, the FPS Example does not work anymore...

Can i have it fixed please.

16. Andreas12345

Andreas12345

Ok load in a new empty project works fine :)

17. tobiass

tobiass

Thanks for letting us know.

pjenness: You now have the option to use PUN+ on iOS and Android with Unity Free.
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/204343-Photon-PUN

The missing feature in Unity Free on iOS/Android is called "C# Sockets", which are not supported without Pro license.
    The project is created with Unity 3.5.7 to stay compatible with that version. It's still in use by some. Upgrading to Unity 4.x is no problem but new projects can't be opened in older Unity versions.

18. Leaf1

Leaf1

This is good for Unity 5 Networking system?

19. tobiass

tobiass

This package is not for Unet (Unity 5's Networking).