Search Unity

Ultimate Selector [Old Character Selector +]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Malbers

Malbers

Latest version is out :).. it just have the Animal Controller, Selector and HAP scripts synchronized :)

Hawk0077 likes this.
  2. christougher

christougher

Hi, love your work! I've got a request or maybe you could help me out a bit. In the Selector Manager script I would like to be able to signal an event when the currently selected item is clicked on again. So basically you can click to select and then click again to finalize the selection and, in my case load the next level. I seem to have an issue where most people keep clicking the item instead of the confirm button and Apple would not publish for that and few other reasons... Anywho... any help on the best way to do that would be great!

3. christougher

christougher

Never mind. Got it figured out. :)

Malbers likes this.
  4. leemindjan

leemindjan

Hi Malbers, I tried to assign the SelectorData to Data properties of SelectorManager, but I can not do it. The console said:
    "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
    Please help me. Thanks.

Attached Files:

5. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks so much for reporting this:
    here's the fix:

Attached Files:

leemindjan likes this.
  6. christougher

christougher

Hi, I've run into some issues. I've adapted one of the horizontal scrolling infinite selectors. It sometimes seems to glitch when it is scrolls past the last or first item. You can see it pretty obviously with the inertia enabled and high scrolling speed. When you spin it one direction you'll notice it, sometimes mid-spin, start spinning the other way briefly and then go back to spinning the original direction. Occasionally when scrolling slowly and dragging it one item at a time with touch or mouse it will rotate the other direction. Any support or fix you could help with would be much appreciated! Thx!

7. leemindjan

leemindjan

Thanks Malbers. Work like charm.

8. christougher

christougher

Once again, I think I got it figured out... :) I've slowed the scrolling speed and can't seem to reproduce the problem that way, and I'm not sure if it was more of a visual illusion then actually rotating the wrong way.

Malbers likes this.
  9. Malbers

Malbers

Yeap :) that was the solution :) :)

10. SQUAREGLORY

SQUAREGLORY

hi, there is tutorial for mesh selector ?, i want to change hair, cloth, and other. i try to see demo scene, but fail to change hair. and when i click select game will paused, and i click play button to continue.

i see your tutorial, animal select. there any tutorial for change hair, cloth?

Thank You

11. Malbers

Malbers

How's your character setup?

Does the Hair is a different Mesh or you just want to change the Material... same goes for the Cloth??

If the case is just changing the Material you can use the MaterialChanger Component.

It needs to be on the Selector Item and on the Prefab you will instantiate on the Scene.

12. SQUAREGLORY

SQUAREGLORY

hi
    yes, i use different mesh, for hair, cloth. so not material i use, but mesh.

i try to use Selector active mesh example, it change my mesh, but when i slide for select character, my character jump or fall, maybe because rigidbody.

and i try again like put just fbx file on item and on M item (script) i put my prefab on original item, and when i chose hair it change, but not in game

13. Malbers

Malbers

On the Item inside the selector you should only Set a mesh ... no scripts that are associated with the controller.. (rigid bodies, character controller... etc..) just a collider.
    The Item inside the selector should be only a representation of the GameObject you want to instantiate on the scene.

To use the ActiveMeshes Component you need to set it On the Item and on the Original Item Prefab

This is the Item with its Active meshes component and all its Meshes .. This Item (Does not have any Character controller Logic) just the Animator, the MItem and the ActiveMehses and Material Changer.

upload_2020-4-12_16-35-25.png

Now in this sample since it does not have any Original Item (the character).. it will instantiate itself on the scene:
    upload_2020-4-12_16-37-52.png

Here you will set your Character with all components (Animator, Rigidbody, Input controller, character controller... etc)

Now, The Character must have the same Active Meshes component....
    But with is Meshes (Hair 1, Hair, 2 Hair3, In the same order than the Item has it)

Hope this helps

14. Abdulmajeed181

Abdulmajeed181

Hello Malbers, thank you for the asset.
    Can I create 2 selectors in one scene, one for characters and one for weapons and instantiate both of them in the next scene?
    I tried setActive false and true but it instantiates the first selector before the next scene starts, is there another way?
    thank you.

15. SQUAREGLORY

SQUAREGLORY

Hello Malbers, I'm currently trying to move the character to another scene, as usual I tried using the demo scene Active Meshes Example, and I've checked don't destroy on load, and don't destroy selected items, but I get a red message after moving to a new scene.

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Transform' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
    UnityEngine.Transform.get_rotation () (at <58a34b0a618d424bb5fc18bb9bcdac20>:0)
    UnityEngine.Transform.get_forward () (at <58a34b0a618d424bb5fc18bb9bcdac20>:0)
    MalbersAnimations.SA.MThirdPersonCharacter.SetInputAxis (UnityEngine.Vector3 inputAxis) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Compatible StA/TCP/MThirdPersonCharacter.cs:218)
    MalbersAnimations.MalbersInput.CharacterAxisMove () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Input/MalbersInput.cs:86)
    MalbersAnimations.MalbersInput.SetInput () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Input/MalbersInput.cs:79)
    MalbersAnimations.MalbersInput.Update () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Input/MalbersInput.cs:70)

Thank you for answering my previous question,
    this time I need your help, I'm sorry to not understand about moving the character to a new scene,
    I want to understand the Ultimate Selector even further

Thank You

Malbers likes this.
  16. Malbers

Malbers

Thank you so much for reporting this!

Which unity are you using?

17. Malbers

Malbers

I've tried those settings and is working on my side with no errors on an empty project with the Selector.
    upload_2020-8-5_9-29-26.png

But if you are using the selector in one scene and you want to use the items in another you should keep Don't Destroy on Load Active.

18. SQUAREGLORY

SQUAREGLORY

Hi, I tried to use my own character and it had no problem. I am using unity 2019.3. sorry long reply, thank you, this asset has a lot of use in my game and my knowledge, and i am working on it.

This asset is one of my favorites.

19. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi Malbers. I have an issue with the selector.

As you can see in the screenshots below the clouds are appearing all over the scene when the Selector is active. When I deactivate it I get a clear scene. See 2 images below.

Any assistance appreciated. Thanks

Oh, I am using Unity 2019.4.04f

im1.png

Attached Files:

• im2.png
      im2.png
      File size:
      464.3 KB
      Views:
  20. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I upgraded Dragons, Wyverns, Horses, Selctor and Animal controller in an attempt to solve this but aam now getting the following errors so cant play the game.

Assets\Standard Assets\Characters\FirstPersonCharacter\MRigidFPS.cs(220,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'InputRow' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Standard Assets\Characters\FirstPersonCharacter\MRigidFPS.cs(15,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MMovementSettings' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Standard Assets\Characters\FirstPersonCharacter\MRigidFPS.cs(16,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MMouseLook' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Standard Assets\Characters\FirstPersonCharacter\MRigidFPS.cs(17,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MAdvancedSettings' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Any ideas how I can solve this? Many thanks Malbers.

21. Malbers

Malbers

The Selector uses another Camera... an Internal Camera that uses Layers to show only the game Objects in the UI Layer.

Try checking if your Clouds are on that layer:
    upload_2020-11-2_11-44-7.png

Hawk0077 likes this.
  22. Malbers

Malbers

I think you are using Standard Assets too?
    You can remove that script if you like... (is used for the FirstPersonCharacter Demo)

Hawk0077 likes this.
  23. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks Malbers. I did try that and am about to try again. I'll try the camera/selector issue too.

I have got quite a few more errors now as I updated Invector character as well. I will post errors after I have tested what I am able. I cant test the camera on the selector (just the settings) as my project has errors so cant enter play mode.

I will report errors here soon. Thank you again Malbers.

24. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

When I delete the MRigidFPS.cs I get a whole lot of errors: Here are some of them.

Any ideas appreciated, thanks

Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Input\iMalbersInput.cs(8,22): error CS0101: The namespace 'MalbersAnimations' already contains a definition for 'IInputSource'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Input\iMalbersInput.cs(20,22): error CS0101: The namespace 'MalbersAnimations' already contains a definition for 'IInputSystem'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Input\iMalbersInput.cs(30,22): error CS0101: The namespace 'MalbersAnimations' already contains a definition for 'ICharacterMove'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Input\iMalbersInput.cs(41,18): error CS0101: The namespace 'MalbersAnimations' already contains a definition for 'DefaultInput'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Utilities\StatModifier.cs(11,18): error CS0101: The namespace 'MalbersAnimations' already contains a definition for 'StatModifier'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Utilities\StatModifier.cs(76,17): error CS0101: The namespace 'MalbersAnimations' already contains a definition for 'StatOption'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Scriptables\BoolVar.cs(40,18): error CS0101: The namespace 'MalbersAnimations.Scriptables' already contains a definition for 'BoolReference'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Scriptables\ColorVar.cs(25,18): error CS0101: The namespace 'MalbersAnimations.Scriptables' already contains a definition for 'ColorReference'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Scriptables\FloatVar.cs(43,18): error CS0101: The namespace 'MalbersAnimations.Scriptables' already contains a definition for 'FloatReference'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Scriptables\IntVar.cs(45,18): error CS0101: The namespace 'MalbersAnimations.Scriptables' already contains a definition for 'IntReference'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Scriptables\StringVar.cs(22,18): error CS0101: The namespace 'MalbersAnimations.Scriptables' already contains a definition for 'StringReference'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Scriptables\Vector2Var.cs(35,18): error CS0101: The namespace 'MalbersAnimations.Scriptables' already contains a definition for 'Vector2Reference'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Scriptables\Vector3Var.cs(52,18): error CS0101: The namespace 'MalbersAnimations.Scriptables' already contains a definition for 'Vector3Reference'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Weapon\IMWeapons.cs(9,22): error CS0101: The namespace 'MalbersAnimations.Weapons' already contains a definition for 'IMWeapon'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Horse AnimSet Pro\Integrations\Invector\Melee\InvectorHAPLinkMelee.cs(320,29): error CS0721: 'WA': static types cannot be used as parameters
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Horse AnimSet Pro\Integrations\Invector\Melee\InvectorHAPLinkMelee.cs(37,22): error CS0723: Cannot declare a variable of static type 'WA'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Horse AnimSet Pro\Integrations\Invector\Shooter\InvectorHAPLinkShooter.cs(136,30): error CS0721: 'WA': static types cannot be used as parameters
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Weapon\MGun.cs(9,34): error CS0535: 'MGun' does not implement interface member 'IMWeapon.Holder'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Weapon\MShootable.cs(15,40): error CS0535: 'MShootable' does not implement interface member 'IMWeapon.Holder'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Weapon\MWeapon.cs(18,47): error CS0535: 'MWeapon' does not implement interface member 'IMWeapon.Holder'
    Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Utilities\StatModifier.cs(10,6): error CS0579: Duplicate 'System.Serializable' attribute

USING:

Animal Controller 1.2.1
    Horse (HAP) 4.2.1
    Unka 3.1
    Wyvern 3.1
    Unity 2019.4.0f1

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  25. Malbers

Malbers

When you are importing the Selector Try only importing the Selector folder.... without importing the Common Folder

Hawk0077 likes this.
  26. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I will give that a go Malbers. Thanks

27. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Well, not importing the common folder didn't work. I still get loads of errors, which brings me to a new question...

What order should I upgrade in.

I have:
    • Ultimate Selector
    • HAP Horse Set
    • Unka
    • Wyvern
    • Invector
    • Animal Controller
    and the Invector integration asset.

So which is the best way to upgrade these assets as I seem to get a boat load of errors when I upgrade anything with these assets.

Much appreciated.

28. Malbers

Malbers

I have updated the selector so it matches the Files from HAP

But meanwhile, you can do this:

Install:
    • HAP Horse Set
    • Selector (But only the Selector Folder) without overwriting the Common Folder
    Animal controller is not necessary to install, since is included in HAP.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  29. egem2015

egem2015

Hi Malbers,

I want to ask very impoprtant question for me.

Can i use 2D ASSETS in active meshes example? and if possible how?

this is very important for me.

thanks in advance.

Sincerely King Regards.

30. Malbers

Malbers

Sadly no, the Active meshes sample uses mesh renderers to hide and show the props

31. code749

code749

hi there
    I really want to buy this
    I have a question

are you able to create a custom character with this script

example

select from male /female /alien etc

then customise the character
    like change skin tone/ add sun glasses etc

thank you

32. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there
    Saldy the selector is not a Character Creator asset, is a simpler solution to display (items, characters, menus) like the ones showed on the videos

33. nanditho

nanditho

Great asset, I love how you try to make selection menu in one scene with the scene game. But If I want to make old way, where i make scene for the selection menu and then I want to bring the character to game scene.

One more thing I need to know, my characters are mostly T shape Humanoid, so when I tried to put into item selector folder in unity editor, the character didnt move if I select it, it diferrent to your characters. how can I make similar to your sample scene?

Can You make the video tutorial about this? Thanks

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  34. Abdulmajeed01

Abdulmajeed01

Hello,
    Can you please explain how to add coins based on events?

I tried both the scenario and the script, but it seems I did not do it right. The coins remain as they were, BTW I am trying to access it from a different scene.

35. julianr

julianr

I made a few custom changes to player selection, showing the characters they have in green and the ones they do not yet have in red! Awesome asset. skins.jpg

Malbers likes this.
  36. Minimilian

Minimilian

Hello Malbers.

My specific goal is to reproduce (almost perfectly) the effect seen in the second demo video, when you switch between animals in a scene. I understand it should be done with the "empty selector" (right?) but I can't figure out how. I'm not a total novice at this point, but apparently guessing how to do this is still beyond my current level.

I would find it AWESOME if you could publish that demo scene... bonus points if the animals are able to inherit world position and rotation when replaced, or if you could point me to the right direction to achieve that effect (so that I can take this chance to learn something new).

Can you help me?
    Thanks in advance!

(while we're at it, would you consider "importing" a CGTrader license for the Animals pack intoto the Asset Store for convenience?)

37. Malbers

Malbers

Hi @Minimilian I'll be back home this sunday!

I'll recreate the video and the scene with the latest version of the Animals and the Selector :)

I'll let you know when its ready

Minimilian likes this.
  38. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

Hello, I am getting errors after importing the Ultimate Selector:
    My invoice # is: IN010001649110

1st error: Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Damage\MDamageable.cs(43,34): error CS1061: 'MReaction' does not contain a definition for 'FindReactionComponent' and no accessible extension method 'FindReactionComponent' accepting a first argument of type 'MReaction' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

2nd error: Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Animal Controller\MAnimalVariables.cs(358,20): error CS0117: 'MTools' does not contain a definition for 'SetDirty'

I also have the animal controller imported.
    Please help.

39. Malbers

Malbers

Add the Animal Controller again and it should work. I'm Updating the Selector so its in Sync with AC and HAP
    Thanks for reporting this