Search Unity

1. Dismiss Notice
  2. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

⭐ ULTIMATE SCREENSHOT CREATOR ⭐ - perfect for marketing and ingame screenshots

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WildMageGames, Mar 17, 2017.

1. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Ultimate Screenshot Creator 1.8.1 has been released on the asset store :)

1.8.1 - 09/01/2021
    • (NEW FEATURE) Exclude features from build depending on your needs.
    • Unity 2020.2 support.
    • Choose gallery order between name, creation date.
    • Added delegates to the thumbnail component.
    • Cleaned permission needs for iOS and Android.
    • Ratio names simplified.
    • (Fix) Share only works when folder exists.
    • (Fix) Stack overflow with render to texture.
    • (Fix) Export to Pictures folder for Android 10+.

1.8.0 - 21/10/2020

READ BEFORE UPDATING.
    Several files have been moved or removed in update 1.8. Because we added assembly files to improve compilation time, it is recommended to do a clean re-install by removing the AlmostEngine folder before importing the update, to prevent any compilation issues. Do not forget to backup your custom prefabs, presets, and configuration files (PhotoUsageDescription.asset, ScreenshotWindowConfig.asset) before doing so. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any issues or questions.

• (NEW FEATURE) Share your screenshots on iOS, Android and WebGL.
    • (NEW FEATURE) Can now choose to display or not the screenshot in the phone gallery.
    • (NEW FEATURE) New device presets selector, more intuitive and with a lot of filters.
    • (NEW FEATURE) You can now add tags to presets.
    • (NEW FEATURE) Easy one-click custom collections creation from device list.
    • (NEW FEATURE) API improved to allow capture of screen or camera from one line of code.
    • (Fix) Saving on Windows Store UWP.
    • (Fix) WebGL export on iOS.
    • Unity 2019.4 and 2020.1 support.
    • Asset now includes assembly files.
    • Minimal supported version is now 2017.4 LTS.

2. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Ultimate Screenshot Creator 1.8.3 has been released on the asset store :)

1.8.3 - 28/01/2021
    • (Fix) Export to pictures folder for Android 10.

3. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Hello

Indeed it looks like an issue with the NativeShare plugin.
    Can you tell me your Unity version, asset version, Xcode version ?

Also, for a temporary fix, if you do not use the share feature you can exclude it from the build, using the install settings. Enable "exclude from build" and toggle off the "share".

4. Philkrom

Philkrom

Hello, I just bought your asset which seems awesome !!!

I need to use Fixed Gameview mode as it should work on different devices and including the canvas and I have 3 questions (for now !)

1. Capture only the camera viewport
    I am working on a game that must be displayed in 16:9 ratio. So depending on the screen resolution, I get black borders around the viewport with your asset, as you can see on these captures.

My concern is that I would like to capture only the viewport (so without the black borders). Changing the Camera mode doesn’t change anything as I might have thought.

2. I need small captures, 400 x 225 pixels would be enough, as these captures are only to monitor from time to time what is displayed on the gamer screen. As explained in your documentation, it is not possible to resize the capture in Fixed Gameview mode. Is there a way, instead of saving “immediately” the capture, to set it temporary as a texture variable (or a prefab) that I could then resize (and even rename), before saving it to the persistent folder or, even better, to a cloud folder ?

3. As I am using PlayMaker, I am wondering if there are PM scripts for your asset ?

Best regards, Phil

5. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Hello, and thanks for Purchasing Ultimate Screenshot Creator :)
    Sorry for the answer delay I have been very busy last days.

1. Yes this is possible, using the ScreenshotCutter component.
    I just updated the asset to use the screenshot cutter as a process, I am sending it to you by private message.
    There is the example scene ScreenshotCutterExample to see how it works.
    You create a game object with a CutScreenshotProcess, and specify the RectTransform to use to cut the screenshot.
    Add the process to the "Batches/post process" list of your screenshot manager.

2. It was not possible but I added it to the update I am sending to you.
    Add a ScreenshotResizeProcess to a gameobject and specify the size.
    Add the process to the "Batches/post process" list of your screenshot manager.

If you just want the texture, you can call the ScreenshotManager UpdateAll() to only capture to textures, and then access the texture directly. See documentation faq 7.1.3

3. Currently there is no PM scripts, is there something in particular you would be interested ?

Philkrom likes this.
  6. Philkrom

Philkrom

No problem !
    Great ! I'll try these features very soon !
    This is not urgent, but it could be great for the very large PM community users ! Adding a "Playmaker Actions" in the description and the PM logo on your asset would be much appreciated. I'll send you some needs.

I answered with a PM too, but as I wrote it would be great to set the destination path as a global variable, so that I could access it with a PlayMaker script.

Thanks a lot for your fantastic support !!!

All the best, Phil

WildMageGames likes this.
  7. vizgl

vizgl

Few suggestions:
    - support for new input system (in the class HotKey)
    - support to export screenshots to the project folder(not to Assets, but one level back)

8. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Thanks for the suggestions.
    - I will look at it
    - this is already possible, select DATA_PATH mode and set "/../Screenshots/" , the "../" will go one level up, and it will be exported in the project folder

9. Gamrek

Gamrek

Hello,

Does this asset support Unity Cloud Build? This is because I got the follow error when I push my project into the cloud build:

7: [Unity] -----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/AlmostEngine.UltimateScreenshotCreator.Editor.dll
    8: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(119,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    9: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(226,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    10: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotWindow.cs(322,31): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    11: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotWindow.cs(332,30): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    12: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(397,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    13: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotWindow.cs(522,31): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    14: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(805,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    15: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(940,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    16: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(976,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    17: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(1000,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    18: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(1032,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    19: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(1163,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    20: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(1186,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    21: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(1258,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    22: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(1394,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    23: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(1508,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    24: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(119,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    25: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(226,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    26: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotWindow.cs(322,31): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    27: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotWindow.cs(332,30): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    28: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(397,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    29: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotWindow.cs(522,31): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    30: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(805,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    31: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(940,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    32: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(976,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    33: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(1000,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    34: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(1032,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    35: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(1163,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    36: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(1186,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    37: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(1258,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    38: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(1394,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context
    39: [Unity] Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/Scripts/ScreenshotConfigDrawer.cs(1508,25): error CS0103: The name 'IconsUtils' does not exist in the current context

10. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

I do not have Cloud Build but there should not be any issue.

Can you check that :
    1. the file AlmostEngine/Shared/Assets/Editor/Scripts/IconsUtils.cs is included in your project. If not, try reimporting the asset.
    2. the assembly AlmostEngine/Shared/Assets/Editor/AlmostEngine.Shared.Editor is included, and set to "Editor only"
    3. the assembly AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor/AlmostEngine.UltimateScreenshotCreator.Editor assembly is included, is set to "Editor only", and contains the reference to the AlmostEngine.Shared.Editor assembly
    4. Also, this is a strange error, because cloud build should not try to compile any of these assemblies, because they are Editor only assembly. Do you have a way to control what is compiled or not ? Maybe try moving AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Editor and AlmostEngine/Shared/Assets/Editor/ to a Assets/Editor folder.
    5. Do you have any error when you try to build directly from the editor ?

11. Gamrek

Gamrek

I think I have found my own answer, for some reasons IconsUtils.cs is not checked in to the repo, therefore this script was never in the repo. I am not sure why it got excluded in the first place. Sorry about this.

12. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

No problems :)

13. jadenutt

jadenutt

Hello, can I use this to take screenshots directly in the Scene interface of the editor, NOT THE GAMEMODE INTERFACE, that is to say, start taking pictures without pressing "Play" and entering the playmode. Also, if it is possible to do so, will the screenshots include the gizmos? I know you can hide all the gizmos, but the perspective bars on the top right will never go away, there is just no native option for it.

14. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Hello,

Yes it is possible to capture in Editor mode without going in Play mode.

You can capture what is visible on the gameview, but also from any camera within the scene.
    There is a tool button to "align the camera with the camera of the scene view" to capture from the scene windows point of view. No gizmo will be captured with this method.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  15. jadenutt

jadenutt

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I need!

16. P3ndragonLLC

P3ndragonLLC

Hello, I want to take pictures of specific game objects without anything else in output. Is there a way I can do this with Screensot Creator? Would one approach be to relocate the specific object to somewhere alone off screen and then take an offscreen picture of it?

17. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Hello,

I am not sure to clearly understand your request, I will try to answer it but do not hesitate to give me more details. It depends if you want to capture objects manually in edit mode(1), or if you are speaking about capturing any object from the scene but isolated (2).

(1) There are several way to do it. In the examples scenes, you will find the OffscreenRenderingExample, where an object located outside the main camera view is captured. The objects and the camera are in a distant location and the camera is only used for the capture. Instead of moving the object, you can also set the layer of that object to a specific unique layer and set the capture camera to only capture that layer.

(2) It is possible, but there is no automatic way to do it. (but I am looking at adding this feature because there were several demands for it) You could have script that, before capturing an object, move it or duplicate it to a specific distant location, where the capture camera is already located, and capture using the camera mode and render_to_texture mode like in the OffscreenRenderingExample. One way to do it could be to have a "pre process script" that will automatically move the object before capturing it, and then move it back (or destroy the copy) after the capture.

18. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

You are welcome :)

19. P3ndragonLLC

P3ndragonLLC

@WildMageGames Thanks!

#1 should work for me, I'm not sure yet if layer or offscreen will be the better approach for automating, but they both sound like a good solution for what I'm trying to accomplish.

#2 would be really nice to have, so you can add me to the list of people asking for it :)

Best regards,
    Scott

unityunity