Search Unity

⭐ ULTIMATE SCREENSHOT CREATOR ⭐ - perfect for marketing and ingame screenshots

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WildMageGames, Mar 17, 2017.

1. alejobrainz

alejobrainz

Thanks for your reply. I'm using the Screenshot Window for now, but appreciate your effort to do it earlier than later. I believe this will be very valuable to developers, giving them flexibility to post produce marketing screenshots. A nice addition could be a sufficient in the png so that they ca n be easily merged in a photo editing software.

2. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Hello,
    I just sent you an update with the new feature :)

3. alejobrainz

alejobrainz

Amazing! Thanks!!

WildMageGames likes this.
  4. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

You are welcome. Please tell me what you think of the feature so I can validate how it works for the next update.

PS: if you like the asset do not hesitate to rate or comment on the asset store, thanks.

5. alejobrainz

alejobrainz

It sounds great. My only observation is perhaps geared towards the naming of screenshots. Ideally, you should add an option to add a layer index and also some sort of increment so that if you grab a few images in a single session they are automatically named, for example:

1920x1080-01-layer0.png
    1920x1080-01-layer1.png
    1920x1080-nn-layer0.png
    1920x1080-nn-layer1.png

6. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Thanks for the feedback, I will improve the naming for layers on the next update :)

7. Unityaware

Unityaware

I need to take a screen shot of the Game window of a intricate scene I created, but it has to be massive, something like 4000 x 6000 pixels, (normally it's just 1080 x 1920 pixels at least, to be printed as a poster. Before I buy, can your program do this? Thanks.

8. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

In editor mode, I am able to capture 9000x5000 screenshots using the gameview_resizing mode. I think it is possible to go a little higher but after that my computer really starts to suffer. It mainly depends of your graphic card and what is its maximum framebuffer size, and how much RAM you have.

9. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Ultimate Screenshot Creator 1.5.3 has been released on the asset store :)

Version 1.5.3:
    • New feature: It is now possible to partially exclude the asset from iOS and Android builds to remove the need for any permission. See the documentation for mode details.
    • Improved documentation for iOS and Android configuration.
    • Added several sections in FAQ.
    • (Fix) Image format setting is now visible in FIXED_GAMEVIEW mode.

10. XCPU

XCPU

Manual is a bit difficult to read with Adobe Reader, alot of error 131 or something.
    Otherwise all seems very nice.

11. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Thanks for your feedback :)
    This is strange. The pdf was generated with pdf LaTeX and should work anywhere.
    Can you give me more details about your OS version and Adobe Reader version so I can check this?

12. XCPU

XCPU

Windows 10 (64bit) and Adobe Reader XI ver. 11.0.23
    its somewhat readable, but constant popups with 131
    Ahhh, quick check and seems thats not the latest Reader. did not know that!
    upgraded to Reader DC and its fine. silly me.
    Thanks, all working fine. nice Asset btw.,

13. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Thanks for the details, I am glad it was only an update issue. Thanks for the feedback too :)

14. roborb

roborb

Hi There!
    I'm getting an error with 2018.1.9f2:

Assets/AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Scripts/Utils/Editor/iOsPostProcessBuild.cs(28,59):
    error CS0117: `AlmostEngine.Screenshot.PhotoUsageDescription' does not contain a definition for `GetUsage'

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  15. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Hello, and thanks for purchasing Ultimate Screenshot Creator :)

I am sorry, I renamed that method name and forgot to change it in that file. I updated a bug fix on the asset store; it will be approved in a few hours/days.

For now, just change the method name to GetOrCreateUsage() line 28 in iospostprocessbuild.cs, this is what I should have done.

roborb likes this.
  16. roborb

roborb

Thanks for the updated method. Cheers!

Do you suppose there is a way to trigger the iOS 11 animation for a saved image? When you do a screenshot via the hardware buttons it performs a little animation that takes the screenshot and animates it off to the lower left corner. I know it would be possible to do it via your plugin manually, using the shot and some animation, but I wonder if there is a way to trigger the system's own technique.

17. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

You are welcome :)

The asset does not use the native iOS screenshot methods, and I do not think it is possible to trigger only the animation. For now the only way would be to manually create an animation when the capture is done.

For a future update, I will take a look at if it could be possible and desirable to directly use it in "capture screen" mode on iOS, but I can not tell when I will have the time to do so.

roborb likes this.
  18. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Ultimate Screenshot Creator 1.6.1 has been released on the asset store :)

Version 1.6.1 :
    • (Fix) Compilation issue on iOS with photo usage description.

Version 1.6.0 :
    • New feature: Customizable ingame gallery to manage screnshots.
    • New feature: Export to separated layers.
    • Customize iOS usage description.
    • Improved API to simplify taking screenshots without the ScreenshotManager. The Screen- shotTaker now only contains the methods to capture screenshots. It can be called directly to capture textures. The sound and export have been moved to the ScreenshotMan- ager script. The SimpleScreenshotCapture is a new static to easily capture and export screenshots from script. See Section 7.1 for more details.
    • Support of Unity 2018.2.
    • New scene example which shows how to capture off-screen scenes.
    • New example scrips to better illustrate the asset possibilities.
    • Improved documentation to better explain the different way to use the Ultimate Screenshot Creator asset.

19. Unityaware

Unityaware

Thanks for your reply. I tested one of those free screenshot creator tools to see how it works. What I found was that it seems to blow up what is on the screen and by doing so simply renders it soft and fuzzy, Just like an enlargement from a low resolution image in Photoshop. What I really need is to create an image of the game window which shows even more detail when blown up, and when it is printed as an A1 poster in high resolution you can see the tiny wrinkles on the characters faces, basically all the detail of the scene needs to pop out. Can your tool create such enlargement of the game window with all the detail in tact not just simply blow up the low resolution image which is on the screen? Thanks.

20. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Hello,
    The asset really captures a more detailed picture when using a high resolution settings. Here is a link to a 5600x3150 screenshot captured with the asset, so you can see by yourself: https://arnaudemilien.fr/nextcloud/index.php/s/iuCpsCKMvyBQzRd
    And here a 6000x4000: https://arnaudemilien.fr/nextcloud/index.php/s/Woyansa6YgbrP5t (on that picture there is a depth of field post process enabled, look at the right hand to see the sharpest details)

21. Unityaware

Unityaware

Wow, thank you, just what I am looking for.

22. Unityaware

Unityaware

I just downloaded the screenshot creator and installed it, but I can't find it in my project directory. How do I initialize it please? Where do I find it?

23. XCPU

XCPU

/AlmostEngine folder. :)

24. Unityaware

Unityaware

Ah Thanks XCPU, missed that :rolleyes:

25. fivr

fivr

Hi, The 1.6.1 version export screenshot in iOS 12 has an error.
    linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    no settings are made, only the 1.6.1 version is imported.
    Did I miss anything?
    Unity version 2018.2.12f1

26. pablo102

pablo102

Hi,
    I would like to capture a hi-res stills from first person character camera during gameplay using a keyboard shortcut, e.g.(F11) Is it possible?

27. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Hello,

If you want to do it in the editor yes it is possible, the asset was made for it :)
    Simply open the Screenshot Window, set the capture mode to "gameview resizing", set the desired custom resolution, and set the hotkeys. You can also create a custom Screenshot Manager prefab and use it in your scene.
    For my own first person game I have several prefabs with specific settings depending on what I want to capture.

In build, hi-res capture is possible but with restrictions. The "gameview resizing" only works on window players. The "render to texture" mode allows to capture any resolution on any platform, but can not capture Screenspace Overlay Canvas.

I invite you to look at the documentation Section 4.1 for more details: https://www.wildmagegames.com/data/UltimateScreenshotCreator.pdf

28. sean_unity362

sean_unity362

Hello,

I am able to export a nice PNG with a transparent background, but is it possible to do this but also with an object that has a material with transparency on it? as is my scene only shows the material with transparency when it is overlapping solid objects in the scene. Hoping this is possible!

29. sean_unity362

sean_unity362

as an example here are two screenshots attached.... one in the game view and one of the exported PNG

Attached Files:

30. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Hello,

Rendering transparent objets on a transparent background is possible in some cases.

It mainly depends on the material type you are using, particularly what is the alpha blending method.
    For instance the "standard shader + rendering mode transparent" and "mobile particle alpha blended" work.

You can try to change the material type to test various alpha blending method to see if one of them works both to properly render your effect and to capture the screenshot.

Attached Files:

31. sean_unity362

sean_unity362

Hi, thank you for the reply. In my case I'm using materials made with Amplify Shader... I've been choosing all of the different alpha blend modes available on the output node but none seem to work :(

32. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

I am sorry to hear that you did not get it working with Amplify shaders. I do not own that solution but I am adding a dot in my todo list to investigate what you could do.
    For now, you can however try the "movie-like" transparency, i.e. setting the background color to the flashy green and removing it in an image editor.

33. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Ultimate Screenshot Creator 1.7 is out !

Check the awesome new features!

/!\ READ BEFORE UPDATING from 1.6 to 1.7

Several files have been moved or removed in update 1.7. It is recommended to do a clean re-install by removing the AlmostEngine folder before importing the update. Do not forget to backup your custom prefabs before doing so. Otherwise, follow the upgrade process described below.

Upgrade Instructions: If you want to manually move and remove the files instead of doing a clean reinstall, do as follow:
    1. Move ScreenshotWindowConfig.asset to AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/As sets/. Not doing it will result in large build resource files.
    2. Move ScreenshotResolutionPresets.cs to AlmostEngine/UltimateScreenshotCreator/Assets/Scripts/Editor. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any issues or questions.

1.7.0 - 13/01/2019
    • (NEW FEATURE) Generate hundreds of multilingual promotional pictures with the composer and batch process.
    • (NEW FEATURE) Create custom presets and collections saved as assets that can be shared between projects.
    •(NEW FEATURE) Display a screenshot thumbnail when taking screenshots.
    • (NEW FEATURE) Simple Localization system to easily localize your game and promotional pictures.
    • Possibility to automatically remove the iOS and Android permission requirements.
    • Automatically add the iOS Photos framework dependency.
    • Support of Unity 2018.3.
    • (Fix) Fixed gameview size on retina displays.
    • (API) Presets are now asset files. • (API) Popularity preset are now asset files, referencing preset assets.
    • (API) Moved ScreenshotManager specific symbols parsing to the ScreenshotManager.
    • (API) Moved all extra features to the namespace AlmostEngine.Screenshot.Extra.

1.6.2 - 16/11/2018
    • (Fix) Compilation issue on WebGL
    • iOS Photo Framework dependency now automatically set for Unity 5.6 or newer.

1.6.1 - 11/09/2018
    • (Fix) Compilation issue on iOS with photo usage description.

1.6.0 - 28/07/2018
    • (NEW FEATURE) Customizable ingame gallery to manage screnshots.
    • (NEW FEATURE) Export to separated layers.
    • Customize iOS usage description.
    • Improved API to simplify taking screenshots without the ScreenshotManager. The Screen- shotTaker now only contains the methods to capture screenshots. It can be called directly to capture textures. The sound and export have been moved to the ScreenshotMan- ager script. The SimpleScreenshotCapture is a new static to easily capture and export screenshots from script. See Section 7.1 for more details.
    • Support of Unity 2018.2.
    • New scene example which shows how to capture off-screen scenes.
    • New example scrips to better illustrate the asset possibilities.
    • Improved documentation to better explain the different way to use the Ultimate Screenshot Creator asset.

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  34. tgrayston

tgrayston

Hey, love this asset!

Just in the process of re-doing screenshots for the app store and was trying to use a timestamp for the folder name (specifically "{year}-{month}-{day} {hour}-{minute}-{second}/{name}_{width}x{height}")
    Unfortunately with over a dozen resolutions in the capture list the screenshots span multiple seconds and the time is updated for each shot taken, resulting in multiple folders.

I suggest it would be appropriate to record the 'capture time' when you initiate the batch and then use that timestamp for all captures in the batch. I jumped in to the code and made this change myself but thought you might like to add it to the asset for others. :)

I'm sure this is obvious, but for clarity/completeness: I simply recorded the time at the beginning of ScreenshotManager.UpdateCoroutine:
    DateTime timestamp = DateTime.Now;

...then passed that in to several layers of methods to arrive at ScreenshotNameParser.ParseSymbols(string name, ScreenshotResolution resolution, System.DateTime timestamp)
    and of course replacing all 'Now' references with 'timestamp'.

Thanks again for a huge time saver!

35. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Hello, thanks for purchasing Ultimate Screenshot Creator, I am glad you like it :)

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Indeed, I parse the time each time so the "seconds" changes each time. I will look what I can do, thanks for your modification suggestion :)

tgrayston likes this.
  36. BjoUnity3d

BjoUnity3d

Hi, I'm using a Pixel 2 and my screenshot is coming out black/empty. When I first built my app about a year and a half ago it worked fine. But I noticed in September 2018 the screenshots were coming up solid black. My app had not been updated so it has to be something that Google changed. So just today I finally got around to trying to fix it. I got the latest Ultimate Screenshot Creator installed and loaded up the sample scene DefaultExample. I built to my device and it is still coming up blank/black. Whether I hit Capture and then open the gallery, or if I hit Capture With Validation, I just get a black screenshot. It works fine on iOS.

Edit: Using Unity 2017.4 LTS

Update: So I created a fresh project and the screenshots are working. I rebuilt my app in the new project and so far it's working. I have no idea why!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  37. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your feedback:)

I am glad you got it working, even if I would prefer to understand why so I can see if there is something wrong.
    If you have time, please run your old not working build on your device and send me the unity log file. I do not want to bother you so do not if you do not have time.

38. danidiazr

danidiazr

Hi! I've been using this asset for a year and I love it!

Unfortunately, I'm having some problems. It's the first time that I build for iOS and I'm having an error, a big error. I'm using Unity 2019 1.5f with Xcode 10.2 and the last version of your asset.

On editor everything works fine, in Android it goes well too. But in iOS I've got an error saying "Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_PHPhotoLibrary" referenced from iOSUtils, showed in Xcode. I'm building it for an iPhone 6s.

I don't know what more to do. Can you help me?
    Thanks!

39. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Hello,

Thanks for purchasing Ultimate Screenshot Creator, and thanks for your feedback :)

There must be an issue with the automatic dependencies settings for iOS.
    Please select the Plugins/iOS/iOSUtils.m file and add the "Photo" library framework dependency.

I will investigate why the asset fails to do it automatically.

40. danidiazr

danidiazr

Hi,

I don't know how to do that in iOSUtils.m file but I found a solution. If someone have the same problem read this.

In Xcode go to General properties of your project, go to "Linked Frameworks and Libraries" and add PhotosUI.framework and Photos.framework. That solved my problem.

Awesome asset!
    Thanks!

41. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

If you do it in Xcode you may have to do it each time you build.

In the Unity Editor, after you set the target build to iOS, select the Assets/Plugins/iOS/iOSUtils.m file, add Photo library in the rarely used framework:
    iOS Photo Library.png

Again, the asset should do it automatically so I am looking what is wrong.

42. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Ultimate Screenshot Creator 1.7.6 has been released on the asset store :)

1.7.6 - 17/09/2019
    • Support for 2019.1 and 2019.2
    • (Fix) Auto add the iOS dependency to Photo framework.
    • (Fix) Date is now the same for each screenshots of a same batch.
    • Visible ScreenshotManager settings "DontDestroyOnLoad".

1.7.5 - 21/05/2019
    • Settings for capture delay now visible.
    • (Fix) Composer error with null process.
    • (Fix) Automatic exclude from build. 1.7.4 - 04/05/2019
    • (Fix) Automatic creation of config files.

1.7.3 - 03/05/2019
    • Added presets for AppStore and PlayStore.

1.7.2 - 10/04/2019
    • (Fix) Capture screenshot in separated layers.

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  43. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

@WildMageGames Could you tell me if this works with the Light Weight Render Pipeline (LWRP) in the editor? We had another screenshot tool, and now it doesn't work with the LWRP.

44. Colin_MacLeod

Colin_MacLeod

@WildMageGames I'd like to capture a specific area of the screen. The area is all UI view, mode screen overlay. Is this possible with Ultimate Screenshot Creator?

45. Colin_MacLeod

Colin_MacLeod

Have just found the Screen Cutter - don't know how I missed that. Seems to do exactly what I need. THANK YOU!

46. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Hello,
    Sorry for the delay I did not get any notification.

I tested the package with the LWRP and did not get any issue. If you want to be sure, I can run more tests, just tell me what issues you got in what conditions so I can try to reproduce them.

47. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Yes, with the screenshot cutter you can just provide an UI element as a contour and the screenshot will be cut accordingly. Do not hesitate to ask if you have issues or if its behavior is not what you want.

48. Colin_MacLeod

Colin_MacLeod

It worked out great for us - thank you

49. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

@WildMageGames We're using the LWRP to heavily modify our cameras, so we're not sure if any of the Screenshot plugins work. We render the UI on Screenspace Overlay all together with the normal camera. The issue is because they're being rendered together as one camera we're not sure how to use the screenshot tools to take a screenshot with the UI.

50. WildMageGames

WildMageGames

Well, it seams to be a very standard use case, so the asset should work :)

In editor you should be able to capture perfectly your game at any size with the gameview_resizing mode. In the device, you can capture only Screenspace Overlay UI at the device current resolution, due to a Unity limitation. I am still looking for a robust workaround.