Search Unity

Ultimate Sci-Fi Starships, Stardocks, and Jumpgates Collection [3.0 RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DanielKolex, Apr 16, 2016.

1. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Daniel Kole Productions is proud to announce a new package coming soon to the Unity Asset Store: the Ultimate Sci-Fi Starships, Stardocks, and Jumpgates Collection. Ultimate Sci-Fi Starships, Stardocks, and Jumpgates Collection is a massive collection of premade prefabs and individual components ready to add to your sci-fi game. It includes fully destructable and constructable starships, jumpgates, stardocks, and starbases. Jumpgates,Stardocks, and Starbases are included with sample spawn/construction scripts. All scenes from the webplayer demo are included in the package as a demo of how to use the sample scripts.

USFSSJC_Screen01.jpg

USFSSJC_Screen10.jpg

USFSSJC_Screen11.jpg

Any suggestions, comments, feedback much appreciated.

Check back often for more information on upcoming updates and new version information. Let me know if there is anything you'd like to see added to the package, etc.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  2. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Really nice

3. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Thanks man.

4. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

5. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Hey Daniel

I already own some of your assets (They are very cool by the way)

This asset is brand new or contain other assets already released?

6. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

This Asset Package is all new. New models, textures, effects, scripts, etc.

7. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

I am working on Version 2.0 additions, updates, etc. Check back often here to see the progress as it happens this week. Thanks again for all your support.

8. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Some questions if you don't mind.

The pieces of your other Builder Kits (Mega Starship Builder Kit and Dropship Builder Kit) can be used with this package(They fit in size, color, etc)???

The video scene is included?? I'm really interested in knowing how you did the ship building process (1:37 in the video) i'm assuming you were changing materials.

9. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

This package is not created in the same way as the Mega Starship Builder Kit or Dropship Builder Kit were. You could always use those starships and dropships in a game alongside these as the design style looks similar. The models, textures, materials, and scripts for this package are all NEW.

Everything from the movie is created with the assets from the package. Each scene you see in the movie is of a fully functional sample scripts included with the package. This week I am working to add Starbases to the package, as well as a whole bunch of other stuff. I will also be creating tutorials and other helpful things to aid people in using this package.

The ultimate goal of this package is for it to be a complete 4X Space Model Pack, models and scripts. Check back here often for the latest updates on upcoming features or with any other questions you have.

10. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Cool i'm already subscribed to this thread.

11. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Here is an update preview video for the upcoming Version 2.0 release:

12. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Version 2.0 Update Preview:

Here are the completed Small, Medium, and Large Premade Starbases:

USFSSJC_UpdatePreview02.jpg

Here are the Starbase Components:

USFSSJC_UpdatePreview03.jpg

Coming as soon as possible...

13. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Version 2.0 has been released and is now available. Check out this video to see the new Starbases added in this update:

14. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Coming soon in Version 3.0, Construction Starships, using nano-tech bots to construct buildings such as Starbases, Stardocks, and Jumpgates, the construction starships will provide the support backbone to any star fleet. Here is a preview screen:

USFSSJC_Update20Preview01.jpg

15. QFGlenn

QFGlenn

I am a long time customer of Daniel Kole Productions. We first bought his starfighter packs to use for a prototype for Sol Avenger. I dig the stargates and all the new assets. That is a style I can really appreciate. So many people try and fail to reproduce that classic sci fi look and feel, and yours are colorful and thoughtfully designed. Perfect for PC or mobile. Thanks for working hard and making this available to those of us who can't model.

Take a look at this, in my editor.
    ship.jpg

Now just in general let's note the style in which this was designed. This is a tremendously nostalgic style. It's bright and colorful with the textures you'll need to add any additional features you're looking for. Note the wireframe, and consult with your 3D artist or source. These models are well put together, they have a reasonable polycount for todays mobile technology and even if it just sat in a hangar as an environment prop, they can be LIGHTMAPPED to look beautiful in a scene! It could work for pc or mobile and there is a real attention to detail and care put into these assets.

For people that feel that buying an asset detracts from their games appeal, there's the huge library of components. I was able to compile 4 or 5 ships in about 30 minutes, and the reason it took that long is that I was having trouble deciding which of the parts to choose.

Things I wish could be added are PBR materials, damage textures and emission maps. I'd also like to recommend the develoiper consider building interiors for the starbases, but that's above and beyond and just because I appreciate his style. Well worth the money, pick this pack up and make some space games with it I can play!

DanielKolex likes this.
  16. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Thanks man! Hearing the feedback is always great!

QFGlenn likes this.
  17. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Here is a preview video of what's to come in Version 3.0, Construction Starships:

QFGlenn and SecretStudio like this.
  18. Hotshot10101

Hotshot10101

Do you have any idea when this will be finished? I would love to get the new update.

19. carmine

carmine

This looks amazing! The glowing on the stardocks (internal) is that the texture or is that lighting?

20. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

The internal glow on the Stardocks is a point light. It can be used in both the free and the pro versions of Unity.

QFGlenn likes this.
  21. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Hey Hotshot10101, I am putting the finishing touches on Version 3.0 which will add fully functional Construction Starships to the package. They will have new models, components, textures, and fully-functioning construction scripts. The Construction Starships will be able to build all of the current buildings, all sizes of the Starbases, Jumpgates, and Stardocks. Thanks. Let me know if you have any further questions.

QFGlenn likes this.
  22. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Here is a preview of the Small, Medium, and Large Construction Starships coming in Version 3.0:

USFSSJC_Update30Preview02.jpg
    USFSSJC_Update30Preview01.jpg
    USFSSJC_Update30Preview03.jpg
    USFSSJC_Update30Preview04.jpg

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    QFGlenn likes this.
  23. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

I have dropped the price of the Ultimate Starships, Stardocks, and Jumpgates Collection down to $79.99 based on feedback from the community. Enjoy!

24. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Version 3.0 has been released... Construction Starships are now a part of the Ultimate Sci-Fi Starships, Stardocks, and Jumpgates Collection, check out the demo video here:

USFSSJC_Update30Image01.jpg

25. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Ultimate Starships, Stardocks, and Jumpgates Collection is now $39.99 for a limited time. Enjoy and let me know what all ya'll think about it. Would love some feedback. :)

26. walter_j_r

walter_j_r

Hi, this asset it's amazing!! it's mobile friendly? Do you have an apk of the demo? Thanks

27. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

All models are low-poly. Should be very mobile friendly. Not sure what an "apk of the demo" is. lol

28. Deozaan

Deozaan

I just discovered this pack. It looks really nice. It's on my wishlist for when I make a space-themed project!

It's nice seeing some premade objects to get an idea of what's possible to make with the components, but I think the asset store page could use a couple more photos showing off the individual components, so buyers can have a better idea of what they'd be working with.

An "APK of the demo" would be a demo for Android. An APK is essentially a ZIP file of an Android app (or game) with some extra metadata telling the Android device how install the app.

29. Zeilluzionist

Zeilluzionist

Anyone have a setup video or anything for the construction scripts? I can't for the life of me get anything to work (Construction Ship, etc.)

30. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

Update 4.0 has been submitted for review. Demo and Tutorials for the Construction Starship has been added in version 4.0.

31. Mazak

Mazak

I see the price dropped again.. I guess I should have waited...

32. Legend458

Legend458

Hello,

Your asset looks very interesting. I've just got some questions:

1. Can we fly the ships?

2. Can we use the scripts provided in commercial games?

Thanks!
    ll

33. ScottyDSB

ScottyDSB

Hi. Just a question that must be easy but I cannot solve it. How do I get a ship and make it explode outside the demo? I´ve tried with the ship and calling to the function and even with the autodestruction but the ship just moves. I understand I have to add something but don´t know what. Please help me with the asset is just great. Thank you.

34. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

To destroy a starship outside of the demo scenes, you need to have the "StarshipDestructionManager" prefab in the scene where you want the starships to explode. Then on the starship prefab that you want to destroy, check the "Self Destruct" bool variable on the "GenerateDebrisOnDestroy" Script/Component or call a function that sets that bool to TRUE from another script. Let me know if this helps.

35. DanielKolex

DanielKolex

1. I didn't add any movement scripts to the package because there are so many ways to do this.
    2. Yes you can.

Mazak likes this.
  36. ComexQc

ComexQc

Very great assets.

Sorry I'm a beginner in programming. I would like to fix the problem of obsolete.

Assets/UltimateSFSSJC/Scripts/BFPStarshipDebris.cs(205,22): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.ParticleSystem.loop' is obsolete: `loop property is deprecated. Use main.loop instead.'
    Assets/UltimateSFSSJC/Scripts/BFPStarshipDebris.cs(210,23): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.ParticleSystem.loop' is obsolete: `loop property is deprecated. Use main.loop instead.'
    Assets/UltimateSFSSJC/Scripts/NanobotController.cs(110,21): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.LineRenderer.SetWidth(float, float)' is obsolete: `SetWidth has been deprecated. Please use the startWidth, endWidth, or widthCurve properties instead.'
    Assets/UltimateSFSSJC/Scripts/NanobotController.cs(125,22): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.LineRenderer.SetWidth(float, float)' is obsolete: `SetWidth has been deprecated. Please use the startWidth, endWidth, or widthCurve properties instead.'
    Assets/UltimateSFSSJC/Scripts/NanobotController.cs(156,21): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.LineRenderer.SetWidth(float, float)' is obsolete: `SetWidth has been deprecated. Please use the startWidth, endWidth, or widthCurve properties instead.'
    Assets/UltimateSFSSJC/Scripts/NanobotController.cs(170,20): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.LineRenderer.SetWidth(float, float)' is obsolete: `SetWidth has been deprecated. Please use the startWidth, endWidth, or widthCurve properties instead.'

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. ^^

37. ScottyDSB

ScottyDSB

Thanks for the info!

38. Deozaan

Deozaan

For anyone who hasn't purchased this yet, this asset is currently the daily deal on the Asset Store.

DanielKolex likes this.
  39. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Bought. Was wanting to make a sci-fi game soon, good timing! Thanks.

DanielKolex likes this.
  40. DJ7705

DJ7705

This is an amazing asset and I was wondering as I'm a newbie, Is it possible to add weapons to Starbases/Starships? And if so how would I go about doing it?

41. Stephen1701

Stephen1701

Hello, this is a brilliant set, and I'm making loads of ships with it. However, how can I set the shader so the ships receive ambient lighting from the skybox? Currently they are just black, even in a bright nebula, whereas your Astral ships (the free pack) will light up from the skybox.
    Also, there is the problem that all ships in this set will end up looking very similar with the same design cues, do you have another set with perhaps different looking components for more alien ships?

Cheers

42. SLThompson

SLThompson

The forum looks like it's dead, are you still supporting this asset, are you going to improve on it and what would be those planned?