Search Unity

Ultimate Parallax

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WilianZilv, May 26, 2018.

1. WilianZilv

WilianZilv

Hello everyone, i would like to show you my new tool to easily add parallaxing effect in your 2D games, i called it Ultimate Parallax! ($4.99)

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/114957

Here is the key advantage of the system:

-Inspector only editing
    What it means, is that you only need add the component in the scene and edit everything using only the inspector, and that is awesome! Say goodbye manually doing things in the scene view.

This is one layer in the Inspector:
    1.PNG

And this is what it looks like in the scene view:
    2.PNG

As you can see, there is a bunch of settings you can tweak, such as:

-Elements
    Here you can add new chunks or elements to the layer, change the order of it, invert the render in the X or Y axis and delete.

-Settings
    Here you can change the starting position of the first element (the elements after will follow it, aligning perfectly), its size (useful when the image resolution is lower or higher than the screen resolution), and you can tint it as well.

-Behaviour settings
    Here you tweak how the element(s) will behave. You can set it as static, infinite or not (this means it will repeat the layer elements/chunks), and as well if you want it to always move even if the camera is not moving (useful for clouds for example).
    You can change the layer orientation (horizontal or vertical), the anchor point (this limits the position at a certain point), and the last but not least, how much it will move in relation to the camera (horizontally and vertically, the vertical movement it relative to the horizontal movement);

Each layer have some options too, such as: hide/show, name editing, duplicate function, reorder layer and delete layer.

Here is a video showing a simple scene setup:

Neviah likes this.