Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Inventory System C#

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JohnParask, Jul 7, 2014.

?

Would you buy it for $10 ?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2015.
  1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Maybe

27 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. No

45 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. JohnParask

JohnParask

I will work on this before the release of the new version.

RealSoftGames likes this.
  2. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

awsome thanks

3. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

how long before we can buy into alpha for this kit?

JohnParask likes this.
  4. Jaqal

Jaqal

In order to use any inventory with UFPS features you have have to communicate an in game inventory with the UFPS inventory system. Either way you will have to do some serious c# coding to get any in game inventory that you can actually see to work with UFPS. I am a UFPS user and it took me awhile to get a real inventory worked out.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    JohnParask likes this.
  5. JohnParask

JohnParask

I have some progress but it does need a lot of time, i really don't know when because my time is really limited

Sure you have right, that's why i didn't include a documentation on this, so i have to delegate this work to someone who own UFPS.

6. Jaqal

Jaqal

I didn't mean your documentation my friend I meant UFPS inventory docs!

They have almost no documentation for their inventory and its not really much of an inventory anyway. Just a nearly useless feature that is unfortunately tied in with the rest of the packages features. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Btw your kit is coming along great!

7. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

i don't see why it would be that hard to implement with ufps i mean all you would have to do is when you click on the item in uiventory it accesses ufps inventory and activates it then i mean it use alot of if statements and would be tedious to add more guns but it should be fairly easy

8. Jaqal

Jaqal

I found it slightly more difficult... Especially if you want to equip a UFPS item from your in game inventory, or use item stacking or simply have any items that share the same name because of how UFPS handles these things. I even found removing items from UFPS inventory is difficult with absolutely no documentation to reference the inventory through script whatsoever. But like you said it should be easy for you to do!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    JohnParask likes this.
  9. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

Hi when you next release an update ill try and get ufps to work with the inventory and send you the results

JohnParask likes this.
  10. JohnParask

JohnParask

Ok mate, thanks for your try :)

11. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Are you still using GUI.Button for the display of inventory items? If so I would recommend using GUI.Box with custom mouse detection, I have found it to be much faster than GUI.Button. Very good job so far keep up the good work. If you need help at any point feel free to PM me.

JohnParask likes this.
  12. Pilltech101

Pilltech101

Any one get this working With UFPS . Would you be able to help me set it up ?

Sorry i know it is a lot. To ask.

Thank you for your Future help

JohnParask likes this.
  13. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

im going to start work on it when the building system is released ill post back here if i manage to get it to work

JohnParask likes this.
  14. JohnParask

JohnParask

Yes i still using OnGUI, i will see if i can change it easily for the upcoming update. Ofcourse i will ask you if i need something thanks if advanced.

Building system will be released on the next patch soon, the new patch will have many new features too.

15. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

my biggest thing im waiting for is the FPS player integrated with this kit, that will polish this kit off to almost its full capacity =)

JohnParask likes this.
  16. JohnParask

JohnParask

If i didn't have to study for my upcoming exams the kit would be almost ready to be released :( But now i don't have a lot of time t work on it. ( I'm speaking for the FPS Kit i'm developing)

17. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

do you think we could look forward to this as an alpha before christmas time? or is this something that is planned to be released next year? (FPS Kit)

JohnParask likes this.
  18. JohnParask

JohnParask

I don't think so because i'm waiting Christmas vacations to work on it intensively

19. JohnParask

JohnParask

Ultimate Inventory IV Plus

1 What’s new?

· Added: Random Item Spawning System: This system will spawn some items randomly but you can set the “how random” an item is. (Rarity).

· Added: Building system which also includes a GUI which detect how much items you have and how many more you need in order to build each item. It is very easy to customize the GUI system and it supports unlimited number of items. However if you don’t like it you can make your own GUI system and call the building functions very easily.

· Fixed: Crafting system is now called each time you place/remove an item from the crafting table, so it’s no more called per frame. On this way performance is increased when you use a large amount of crafting recipes.

· Added: A new function which counts the quantity of an item. (This is useful for the Building system in order to count how many planks you have for example.)

· Added: Door mechanism system which supports three types of doors, moving doors, rotating doors or animated doors. This system also includes locking system which supports unlimited number of keys. Each key has a unique Key ID and each door needs a unique Key ID, so you can control all the doors of your level within seconds. The system “looks” into the inventory automatic to check whether you have the key you need to open the door.

· Fixed: Code has been cleaned up, almost all warnings has been removed. The remaining warnings are somehow “false/invalid”.

· Fixed: Ultimate Inventory is now compatible with Unity 5.0 beta.

· To be added: Furnace system which will support unlimited recipes. The system will have an array of items which can be used in the furnace and each item will have its own settings.

· To be added: Plant growing system. (No more details on how it would be yet.)

· To be added: One more GUI skin.

· To be added: Tutorial on how to increase slots of crafting.

· To be added: Crafting table item which will pop-up a new crafting menu 6x6.

· To be added: Each item will have each own stacking settings. (Is stackable, max stack).

· To be added: Crafting system will support stacking.

If you have any feature you would like to see on the new update please post it below.​

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  20. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

when can we expect to see this new update on the asset store?

JohnParask and RealSoftGames like this.
  21. JohnParask

JohnParask

I will update it in two stages, so the first stage with the new stuff which is already added and might one more would be this week.

22. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

you say it is added but i cannot see the update on the asset store?

23. JohnParask

JohnParask

Added = It is already implemented into the upcoming patch.

24. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

25. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

so do you plan on adding all of those features before releasing?

JohnParask likes this.
  26. JohnParask

JohnParask

I don't think so, i will release it with the features above i just want to fix some bugs.

27. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

alright thanks cant wait

JohnParask likes this.
  28. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

when will you release it?

JohnParask likes this.
  29. JohnParask

JohnParask

In few days, i just formatted my pc and re-install all my stuff so i lost 2 days of work. It would be uploaded within Monday.

30. JohnParask

JohnParask

New patch is pushed a little back due to some bugs of the Building System.

31. Jaqal

Jaqal

I did this a few weeks ago myself. It's such a pain but it had to be done!

JohnParask likes this.
  32. JohnParask

JohnParask

Hey guys, Ultimate Inventory IV has been submitted into the Asset Store as BETA because some features are not added yet.

What's New :
    • Added : Door system with lock & keys, moving / rotating doors.
    • Fixed : FPS drop when system handles a lot of recipes.
    • Added : Random Item spawner with rarity settings.
    • Added : You can now Import & Export crafting recipes.

John-G likes this.
  33. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

took a bit longer than expected but nice one

RealSoftGames and JohnParask like this.
  34. JohnParask

JohnParask

Indeed and i really want to apologize, but the bug on the building system is not solved yet. So the next patch will be when i manage to fix it.

35. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

may i ask what is wrong? what bug?

JohnParask likes this.
  36. JohnParask

JohnParask

I'm trying to make the item follow the geometry of the terrain both moving & rotating but also follow the geometry (height only) on other platforms when they are above the terrain. (EG : Inside a building)

37. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

why not just have a ghost object like rust and have a collider on that ghost object then when you place sed object you instantiate an object at the pos and rot of the ghost? that is what i did previusly with my building system

John-G and JohnParask like this.
  38. JohnParask

JohnParask

I will be away from my computer for 5 days so i will not be able to support you guys the following week (Monday 8/12/2014 until Friday 12/12/2014) however if you can still email me with your questions and i will answer them all when i will return.

John-G and RealSoftGames like this.
  39. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

in unity 4.6 i cant get the containers or doors to work at all

40. JohnParask

JohnParask

You may tell me what is wrong ? They just don't work or any message appears or something.

41. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

no messages when i walk over to them press e nothing happens no messeges saying press e to open or anything

42. JohnParask

JohnParask

Try to reset everything on the example scene (re-import the package). Thanks for your support i will also check it out.

43. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

a
    already tried that a few times changed nothing , do you have any problems with it ?

JohnParask likes this.
  44. JohnParask

JohnParask

I don't use Unity 4.6, i will download it and take a look. Thanks for your feedback :)

45. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

alright thanks man i had a look at the code but couldn't find anything that would break it i think its probably just an import problem , try exporting as package in 4.6 then loading it into 4.6 see what happens

JohnParask likes this.
  46. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Will you port this also to the new Unity gui system?
    Also i am surprised that you wrote you do not use 4.6 because your level creator system use the 4.6 gui if i remember right.
    Btw. now that 4.6 is official out will your other asset come out because you do not use a beta feature anymore?

JohnParask and RealSoftGames like this.
  47. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

i think i found the culprit
    when compiling this comes up

Assets/Ultimate Inventory/Scripts/CSharp/UI_DoorSystemEditor.cs(3,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UnityEditor' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

JohnParask likes this.
  48. JohnParask

JohnParask

Merry Christmas to everyone, visit our website and subscribe and claim your free copy of Ultimate Inventory & Crafting. (A randomly chosen winner will get a
    Voucher code)

Ultimate Inventory & Crafting will stuck on the old GUI until i manage to finish the remaining features, then the new Version 5.0 ( V ) will contain both GUI / 4.6 GUI

Runtime Level Editor is built using Unity 5 and will be released as soon as Unity release a stable Unity 5.0 version.

Thanks for mentioning that, you can download the fixed script from here.

Attached Files:

49. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

awsome man

50. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

sadly they still dont work doors and chests dont open

JohnParask likes this.