Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Inventory System C#

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JohnParask, Jul 7, 2014.

?

Would you buy it for $10 ?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2015.
  1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Maybe

27 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. No

45 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. JohnParask

JohnParask

I want to announce to you that the drag & drop system has already been implemented (with similar way) as you said.
    But i won't update the asset store now because it would need more time for this version to be online.

Yes i can upload a webplayer demo with the drag and drop too.

John-G likes this.
  2. John-G

John-G

Excellent, will pick this up for sure.
    Feature request, would it be possible to implement different sized items eg a 2*1 sized slot that could represent longer items like weapons?

3. JohnParask

JohnParask

I don't think i can do it since i will need to re-code the whole project since the inventory is not based on the item size but on slots or weight of an item, if you want realistic mode then use weight mode, so make your weapon to have a high weight and consumables to have low.

4. JohnParask

JohnParask

Drag & Drop Preview

TheGnawers likes this.
  5. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

Yes :D

JohnParask likes this.
  6. JohnParask

JohnParask

Guys, version 1.2 except from drag & drop feature it would also include drag & drop crafting system which will support unlimited crafting recipes and also a very easy to use custom editor to create recipes.

7. MrIntel

MrIntel

This is a great tool buying it when it comes out would be even better if you added a crafting system in it but its really good.

8. MrIntel

MrIntel

well then this is the best inventory system i have seen so far. :D

9. JohnParask

JohnParask

hehe , i just said that it would have crafting and one sec later you post about crafting, what a coincidence :D .
    Yes for $10 you would have your ULTIMATE inventory & crafting system.

10. MrIntel

MrIntel

Yea thats was funny this system will be great for my survival game great work.

JohnParask likes this.
  11. JohnParask

JohnParask

so with this you have to add two sticks one above the other on the middle and one metal blade on the right to make an axe (In game it would have image preview)

12. MrIntel

MrIntel

Sounds great looking forward to it.

13. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

Definitely worth more than 10$! So only a day or so before release?

14. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

I too am working on a survival game! Have any concepts/ideas you want to share?

JohnParask likes this.
  15. MrIntel

MrIntel

Sure its basically a zombie survival open world game. I'm going to make a massive world with multiple cities farms flatland etc. Right now i'm working on the scripting mainly the ai for the zombies and trying to find some character models or try and model myself hast gone very well though :( but trying nonetheless. if you want to know more you can pm me or email me.:D

16. JohnParask

JohnParask

Yep, it's not on my hand but on the asset store admins, (when i submit it the crafting wasn't exist so it would be available 3+ days after the release.

Sounds very cool, when you are ready you can pm me a trailer or something ;) . I think this system will fit into your game and will save you from dozens of hours

17. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

Release today? Im pretty sure.

18. JohnParask

JohnParask

Hopefully ;)

19. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

:)

JohnParask likes this.
  20. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

How many days has it been since you submitted?

21. JohnParask

JohnParask

4 + days

Sorry for the delay i really can't do anything, but what i can do is to finish the awesome crafting system so after the main release i will post the update ;)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  22. MrIntel

MrIntel

Woo It just got released.:D

John-G and JohnParask like this.
  23. JohnParask

JohnParask

T
    Thank for supporting ;) Yeap it's available on the asset store. It's 2 am here so support tomorrow (for me) (10 hours + for you guys)

24. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

ITS LIVE. BUYIN

25. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

Just bought it and it works great! I read the documentation and I couldn't quite figure two things out:'

- I want the player to NOT be able to look around and move when the main inventory is up. (When the player presses TAB he can't move or look around, but the cursor stays free so the player can do stuff in the inv.

I couldn't figure out how to enable the hotbar/quick inventory. I copied everything I saw in the demo and it doesn't appear.

I know you can do these because I've seen it in your demo video. I know for sure I can do the second one but not the first. Also, how can I incorporate this with UFPS? Best 10$ I've spent on an asset so far, everything works great but this. Nice work!

RealSoftGames and JohnParask like this.
  26. MrIntel

MrIntel

All you have to do is go to UInventory settings check mark the hot-key menu and add more than zero slots and if you want it to show all slots even empty ones make sure "don't show empty slots" is not on and to save you from errors make two empty game-objects make them a child of your player, one is for the UInventory and the other is dropos make sure they are tagged and the UInventory should have the custom activation script with it hope this helps.

TheGnawers and JohnParask like this.
  27. MrIntel

MrIntel

Great system love it all and see your making a 3D view system that's going to be really cool maybe even lead to the whole inventory being 3D keep doing what your doing.:D

JohnParask likes this.
  28. JohnParask

JohnParask

Thanks for buying,

1.)You want to pause the game when you press tab ? and let the cursor unlocked right ? I will add it right now.

2.) About the hotbar do exactly what MrIntel said, "don't show empty slots" if it's enabled then the slots will appear as soon as you pick up something.

Thanks for buying, yeap 3D view system will be available soon, crafting system is going very well too.

Please make sure to rate when buying :)

TheGnawers likes this.
  29. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

Hey Greek, do you think you could update your building system that you posted on armedunity? I tried using it but I get a load of errors.

30. JohnParask

JohnParask

Hey , ahh, that would be difficult, i've start a building system with many more features and much more easy to use and compatible with UInventory, it would take a while to get released since i keep working on this to finish some things.

31. JohnParask

JohnParask

It's coming very soon ;)

32. MrIntel

MrIntel

That Looks great will the crafting area have the ability to customize it to make it like 4*4 or 4*3 etc.

33. JohnParask

JohnParask

The next version will be fixed at 3*3 but i will try to make it customizable.

34. MrIntel

MrIntel

Great system messed with the customization code a bit and got so when i press one of the hotbar keys and if its a weapon it brings out now its still needs some tweaking but its coming out good thanks Greek for this awesome script.

JohnParask likes this.
  35. JohnParask

JohnParask

I'm glad to hear that you are happy with your choice. Drag and Drop and Crafting coming soon.

36. JohnParask

JohnParask

_-Version 2.0-_

Ultimate Inventory & Crafting System

Version 2.0 of UInventory is coming and as you can see it's now called "Ultimate Inventory & Crafting" , and i imagine that you know why, don't you ?
    Yeap , a free build-in crafting system :)

New Features :

• Save & Load is now encrypted.
    • You can change the encryption password hash as well as the salt key.
    • Drag & Drop functionality.
    • Crafting system which supports drag & drop.
    • Unlimited crafting recipes.
    • Easy to use editor for making your recipes.
    • Fixed a compiling error on webplayer platform.
    • Crafting menu is customizable, you can move the crafting slots, the result slot, the background image and the description text area.
    • You can toggle crafting menu with or without the main inventory.

It's coming very soon, stay tuned.

TheGnawers and John-G like this.
  37. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

Post that code please?

RealSoftGames likes this.
  38. JohnParask

JohnParask

I think the code varies between the actual logic that your weapon system is based.

39. MrIntel

MrIntel

Not necessarily this code instantiates a prefab so it can be used with any weapon system.

Code (CSharp):
    1.         string item = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("UInventory").GetComponent<UInventory>().currentItems[itemIndex].GetComponent<UI_Item>().itemName;
    3.         if (item == "Shotgun") {
    4.             holder.DetachChildren();
    5.             Destroy(GameObject.FindWithTag("Item"));
    6.             float time = Time.deltaTime;
    8.             if(time >= 0f){
    9.                 time = 0f;
    10.                 shotgunclone = (GameObject)Instantiate (shotgun, holder.position, holder.rotation);
    11.                 shotgunclone.transform.parent = holder;
    12.             }
    13.         }
    You might need to do some tweaking for your scripts and how you want it to be but this is what i have so far add this to the CustomActivate void.

JohnParask likes this.
  40. MrIntel

MrIntel

Cant wait for the crafting system it is looking good and by building system do you mean building during runtime?

PS. If anybody wants my updated script from above that allows certain items to be re-sized and to make it look like the player is holding an item when it is active ie. hotbar keys are pressed pm me.

JohnParask likes this.
  41. JohnParask

JohnParask

Yeap, i mean building on runtime. For example on a survival you can build your home/shelter traps etc

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    RealSoftGames likes this.
  42. BioXide

BioXide

I bought your asset and it's easily the best inventory system I've seen so far, looking forward to that crafting/building update, by the way, how can I increase the margin on my buttons?, I did it before but my unity crashed and now I forgot how to do it, I increase the margin numbers on the GUIskin but it doesn't do anything, the other modifiers such as padding still work tho.

JohnParask likes this.
  43. JohnParask

JohnParask

Thanks for your feedback :)
    For now to increase the margin of the buttons just increase it through the button texture.

P.S : Make sure to rate on the Asset Store, it helps a lot :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  44. BioXide

BioXide

I rated 5 stars no worries, first thing I did, where do I find that? In the GUIskin of the inventory?

JohnParask likes this.
  45. JohnParask

JohnParask

Just open the image of the button slot on a image editing software (like paint.net,gimp,photoshop) then make the transparent box outside the slot bigger/smaller, then go to the GUI skin and apply the new image into the button texture.

Before :

Go to

then change the size

After :

Follow the same steps on every image editing software :)

Then apply it on the GUI SKin

46. BioXide

BioXide

Perfect! Thanks a lot, looking forward to that crafting update, :p

JohnParask likes this.
  47. JohnParask

JohnParask

Always welcome to support :)

It supposed to be online at 30 of this month.

48. BioXide

BioXide

Hey, I'm having some problems with the pickup method, I've implemented a way to pick up items with a raycast instead of the player entering the trigger, it works perfectly but the only problem is that it picks all the items up, it's like displayMessage is activating on all items instead of the one I'm actually looking at, any pointers? Where can I find the actual pickup method?

JohnParask likes this.
  49. JohnParask

JohnParask

Yea, :( that's a known bug i will fix it on the next patch, what i will do is that i will make it pick up the object which is nearest from the player.
    You can try it out.

50. BioXide

BioXide

Fixed it! That was quicker than expected, here's what I did:

On the player script:

if(hit.collider.gameObject.tag == "Usable") //IF I HIT THE ITEM WITH RAYCAST
    {

itemOnSight = true; //THIS DOESNT DO ANYTHING ON THE PLAYER SCRIPT
    hit.collider.SendMessageUpwards("PickUp", SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver); //ACTIVATES THE BOOL PICKUP IN UI_ITEM
    {

Then I draw another raycast that detects when the player stops looking at the item:
    if (hit2.collider.gameObject.tag != "Usable")
    {
    itemOnSight = false;
    }

then on the UI_ITEM script:

bool PickUp() //ACTIVATED ON THE SENDMESSAGE
    {

displayMessage = true;
    return false;
    }

void PickUpTimer() //THEN I NEED A WAY TO MAKE DISPLAYMESSAGE FALSE WITHOUT OVERLAPPING
    PICKUP()

{
    if (!player.itemOnSight) //SECOND RAYCAST ON PLAYER THAT DETECTS WHEN HE STOPS LOOKING AT ITEM
    {
    displayMessage = false;
    }
    }

Something like that, but I managed to make it work :p, now I'm adding the item functionality to Custom Activation and we're set!

JohnParask likes this.