Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Inventory System C#

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JohnParask, Jul 7, 2014.

?

Would you buy it for $10 ?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2015.
  1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Maybe

27 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. No

45 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. JohnParask

JohnParask

Ultimate Inventory 5

Ultimate Inventory 5 is here using the powerful Unity 5 UI and it is re-written from scratch in order to maximize the new features of Unity 5 Engine. It is already submitted and waiting or approval from the Unity Asset store team. You may notice a price increment (just $5) but anyone who already owns it will get the update for free.

It will be available at two versions the PRO and the Survival. The Survival is not available yet but anyone who bought / will buy the PRO will get an extra discount.

The PRO version contains:

• Inventory with unlimited number of items.
    • Inventory with unlimited number of slots.
    • Smooth Drag & Drop
    • Advanced and easy to extend crafting system.
    • Unlimited categories & items for the crafting system.
    • Item description panel.
    • Weight system which affects your player speed.
    • Audio effects for all inventory actions.
    • A right click (context) menu.
    • The code is detailed commented.
    • Different type of items such as: consumables & equipment.
    • Items can have durability, and it does decrease on use.
    • Easy to add slots and extend, the code is done automatically.
    • Advanced and easy custom inspector
    • Customization looting system.
    • Blueprints to unlock more crafting items.
    • A lot of useful functions for the inventory.
    • Random item spawner.
    • Built-in save system with encryption.
    • Player equipment system.

Screenshots:

Videos:

If you want to take a closer look at how does Ultimate Inventory 5 works then you should really check out the detailed documentation here: http://uinventory.esy.es/documentation/

RFPS Integration Video:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  2. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

I would buy for about $6. Not $10. BUT this looks awesome and very customizeable. I will definitely buy when it comes out.

JohnParask likes this.
  3. JohnParask

JohnParask

Thank you very much, you will see that it worth the price since i will add more features, also the system is 5 minutes work to implement it to your project and customize it since i made the advanced custom inspector.

CrisisSystem and calmcarrots like this.
  4. MrIntel

MrIntel

Any ETA when this will be released it looks really good.

5. JohnParask

JohnParask

Very Soon. [If asset store accept it]

6. John-G

John-G

Does it support drag and drop inventory orginastion?

RealSoftGames likes this.
  7. JohnParask

JohnParask

No, it does not support it yet, but i might add it.

John-G likes this.
  8. DimitriUK

DimitriUK

Hey,

This looks quite aright, I would personally use it in a game that would have a inventory system, although I have never really been a fan of blocky/border based GUI, but I'm not complaining haha, that's just me being very fussy..

I would buy this for $5, but maybe $10 is probably just a bit too much.

Good luck with the product, and getting it on the asset store. ;)

JohnParask likes this.
  9. JohnParask

JohnParask

Hey, can you be more specific on how you want an inventory system to look like ? . I will try to implement it if i can.

10. DaneC020

DaneC020

Man there are some cheap people in the world. $10 is a steal for the amount of time it would take for someone to re-create this. If you can not afford that price then maybe you shouldn't be trying to buy assets...

Anyhow, to the original poster. The system looks like a really good start but I would make sure to have Drag and Drop functionality before selling the product. I would also make sure the GUI is extracted from the rest of the code so that way consumers can easily remove/change the GUI code to use what ever solution they are using in their product.

Good luck with sales!
    Dane

RealSoftGames and JohnParask like this.
  11. DimitriUK

DimitriUK

Hey,

I would be looking for something that is Medieval based such as a nice scrap of paper background for the GUI, but also want it to have an minor sci-fi look to it.

The coding/system you have done is brilliant, I'm just not a big fan of the visual side of it.

12. JohnParask

JohnParask

That's a reason i didn't release it yet. I want to add some more features before giving it on public.

13. JohnParask

JohnParask

Since i still working on this i mainly focused on the code side for now. However before releasing it on public i will deffinetly add some more choices for the gui style.

P.S The gui is editable, which means that everyone can change the background or the button style.

14. DimitriUK

DimitriUK

Ah, then you just made me smile! Definitely loving the system!! Choices for GUI styles would be great! Good work buddy!

JohnParask likes this.
  15. JohnParask

JohnParask

I'm working on that feature right now. I'm sure that you will be very happy with the result ;)

16. JohnParask

JohnParask

BUMP

Update above!

17. DimitriUK

DimitriUK

Excellent! Show me the finished product when it is done, I am excited to see it.

18. JohnParask

JohnParask

Sure, it would be ready soon, take a look at the documentation to view all the features (for now).

19. DimitriUK

DimitriUK

Nice! Very well explained! Would this benefit a game that involves puzzles, maybe finding objects, keys to open certain doors, picking up a gun, and putting it in your holster and then being able to bring it out again?

20. JohnParask

JohnParask

Sure, a new feature i just implemented is a function that will check whether you have a specific item in your inventory,
    so if you check for a key with index ( 1 ) then you can check if this item is equipped, it can also be removed upon use.

21. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

Hey there nightbird.

After seeing your advanced building system on the armedunity forums I'm sure you can make this work wonders. A few things I would like to see however, is a drag and drop system within the inventory, and a way to drag items out of the inventory. Also, I feel if you implemented an optional creation/crafting system (let's say you drag one item and put it over another, it creates a certain item) it would be worth 10$ definitely. Last thing I would really love to see is the ability to intergrated it with external FPS systems (Like UFPS or the kits on armedunity). That would definitely seal the deal for me and I would pay upwards of 15$ for it.

One last thing: you can put it on the store now and release updates accordingly, after you implement features suggested by the community. If you put it up now I would buy it ASAP. Just as you are, I'm making a survival game myself, and I feel you might know what I am trying to say.

- Gnaw

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    John-G and JohnParask like this.
  22. JohnParask

JohnParask

Hey,
    i'm really glad to hear that you are interested on my Inventory System, i really like your suggestions and i will try to implement them. The system is already very easy to be combined with any kit, however i will make an example on OMA's Free FPS Kit (Since is the only one that i can get). The crafting system is a very good idea too. Now about the drag & drop i've never try that before but i will do my best, i know it's a very important feature. Right now i'm trying to fix some few bugs and release it.
    Thanks for your feedback and feel free to email me at : paraskevlos@yahoo.gr for any thing.

Edit : You can drop items from inventory by double clicking them.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  23. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

Thanks!

It doesn't need to be drag and drop, but a way to move items around in the inventory. But drag and drop is probably the easier way to do that. By the way, do you have an estimated time on the availability of your kit? A few days? Weeks? I'm really interested.

24. JohnParask

JohnParask

I have already start a try for drag and drop which i might get it work on some weeks, however the current version will be submitted tomorrow and it would be available as soon as the Unity Asset Store Managers apply it

25. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

Thats great! By the way, is it ok if I ask you a few questions about your game "Survive The Wilderness" via email?

26. JohnParask

JohnParask

Sure, even though the project is frozen due to lessons.

27. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

What do you mean by that?

28. JohnParask

JohnParask

I meant that i do not have time to develop the game(for now at least)

29. John-G

John-G

If possible can you implement a multi inventory system, that is allow separate instances of inventorys.
    For example one could have a backpack with 20 slots, a combat vest with 8 slots and pants could hold 2 or 4 slots etc.

And if possible while your trying out drag and drop if it were possible to drag items between each separate inventory instance.

That would be one inventory system I would snap up instantly. :)

30. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

+1 for sure. But I hope people understand that a nice inventory with these nice features wont cost anything under 10$

31. JohnParask

JohnParask

I almost failed at drag and drop :( , but i will implement a a feature to have more than one inventory at the same time.
    Tomorrow i will submit the current version of the inventory, then i will work on these features.

Thanks for your feedback.

32. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

Almost failed? Does that mean you succeeded?

33. JohnParask

JohnParask

That means that i didn't give up yet.

34. Philip-Rowlands

Philip-Rowlands

$10 for a customisable inventory system? I'd buy that.

TheGnawers and JohnParask like this.
  35. JohnParask

JohnParask

The Version 1.0 is submitted into the Asset Store and it would be available very soon.

TheGnawers and John-G like this.
  36. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

YAY!

Also, can you provide a list of features that the current version will include?

JohnParask likes this.
  37. rkdnsam

rkdnsam

I just searched the Asset Store to buy it, but I don't see it there yet..........

Btw, is this also yours on the Asset Store? (looks interesting as well) "Advanced Save System (CSharp)"

38. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

It takes 4-7 days to be approved. It was submitted today.

39. JohnParask

JohnParask

I said i submitted but the Administrators need to accept it, and yes Advanced Save System (CSharp) is mine too :D

On the top of this post is a list with all the features.

40. JohnParask

JohnParask

BUMP

Save system has been implemented and would be available on version 1.1

41. J-F

J-F

Is this mobile compatible? If so, i might be interested.

42. JohnParask

JohnParask

I have never develop any project for mobile but i didn't use any reference that is not compatible with all platforms, the save system use PlayerPrefs so it would work.

43. J-F

J-F

Would you mind loading your asset into an android project and checking if it works or gives any errors? If it works without any errors on mobile, Im going to buy this to replace my old inventory system.

44. JohnParask

JohnParask

Ok , i'm going to do it in a minute.

45. JohnParask

JohnParask

I just create a new project, change platform to Android and import the package, i got no errors only some warnings (that i get on pc too i just need to remove some variables that are never used). So it suppose to work, if you buy it and you have any problem you can send me mail or pm on facebook (See above), and if we can't fix it you will be refunded.

46. TheGnawers

TheGnawers

I'm excited :). Do you have an ETA on the approval?

JohnParask likes this.
  47. JohnParask

JohnParask

It's submitted, about 3 days (as admins said).

P.S I've already start developing a building system compatible with UInventory

48. John-G

John-G

That sounds interesting, any luck with drag and drop?

JohnParask likes this.
  49. JohnParask

JohnParask

Not yet, i need to re-think the way to achieve this, (i actually made the drag feature but i wasn't able to get the dropped slot)

50. J-F

J-F

Cool!
    This is definitely worth buying.
    And by the way, are you going to upload an online demo or something?

Also, if you have trouble with drag and drop, A method my friend used in his system had the item data stored in a variable when it was clicked and held. Also this would trigger a state where the mouse cursor texture was replaced with the item icon currently being dragged.