Search Unity

Assets Ultimate Game Kits for beginners

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Nixonsworld, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Nixonsworld

Nixonsworld

A little introduction:
    Hello! My name is Niklas and i'm from Sweden. I've been programming for about 15 years now, 10 years for a living. I've worked in many different projects like mobile applications, web development, system development and game development.

In my early days when i started to learn game programming, i made a couple of games and published them to Google Play, please have a look if you are interested. Google play

Ultimate Game Kits idea:
    I've always loved the classic games on the older consoles, and i thought why not create game kits with my favorite classics games and make game clones of them? And at the same time, these game kits will be perfect starting packs for creating games for beginners. All games will be programmed in the same design pattern, making code cleaner, easier to understand, and faster. There will be playable demo scene for every game. Well documented Scripts that should be easy to understand and follow. 8 bit sounds and sprites will be included. It will be like a complete project/template.

[IN DEVELOPMENT] Ultimate Game Kit vol.3
    There will be game clones from these classic games:
    - Duck Hunt
    - Arkanoid
    - Jeezball
    - Bubble Bobble

[UPDATED PROGRESS]
    Been working on Arkanoid clone, and this game is now playable.
    Normal bricks takes 1 hit, metal bricks takes 3 hits (defualt) adjustable in editor.
    Existing Powerups so far:
    - Blue powerup, makes player bigger (width)
    - Magneta powerup, makes player smaller (width)
    - Red powerup, makes player able to fire bullets at bricks.

Screenshot from Arkanoid clone.

[UPDATED PROGRESS]
    Been working on Duck Hunt clone, and this game is now playable.
    - Adjustable number of targets to be destroyed.
    - Adjustable target spawn time
    - Adjustable target movement speed

Screenshot from Duck Hunt clone.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018