Search Unity

Ultimate BrainStorming for Find Hidden Objects Game

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by ZYSHAQ, Mar 22, 2020.

1. ZYSHAQ

ZYSHAQ

I was considering to build find hidden objects game, and, thought to present it as a challenge. A challenge that everyone can benefit from. So here is a warning: ideas shared in this discussion are for everyone to use.

Imagine a map, that is static. 10 objects are hidden based on size, form, color, and space around them. Found those 10 items lurking under a tree? or in a dark alley? or secretly disguised as a person! Great! level 1 is completed and the game will become boring to you pretty soon because the map is static. Well, not if we all collaborate for ideas... so here are the challenge rules, lets see how many ideas/diminsions can we come up with:

Challenge Rules:
    Can you add 2 capabilities/diminsions/ideas to the game idea that:
    - no one has proposed before you in this post.
    - are pretty simple.

Example:
    - the map can have moving objects.
    - the user can open/close items.
    - the user can drag things around.

Those are three ideas I came up with. They are pretty straightforward I know, but, lets see how big can this list expand, while, gaming the game concept simple. After all, many simple options makes a game complex.

2. ZYSHAQ

ZYSHAQ

Me:
    - Proximity factor: things can run from you, and, you'll have to chase them.
    - Time: Night is different than the morning.

I fulfilled my challenge - I shall pass.

3. kdgalla

kdgalla

• When you find certain items, the picture will change in some logical way. for example- if you find a watering can then it will show an animation of the watering can pouring watering on a plant. All of the flower buds in the picture bloom into large blossoms. This change could also introduce more items that you couldn't find previously.
    • You can chain these changes together so that the picture continues to progress as you find more object and the progression tells a story.

warthos3399 and ZYSHAQ like this.