Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

uLiveWallpaper - Develop Android Live Wallpapers with Unity!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ZimM, Dec 20, 2015.

1. abotrix

abotrix

Ok...I did it.. I purchased pro version but with reluctance.o_O

Attached Files:

Breathtaker and nasos_333 like this.
  2. Breathtaker

Breathtaker

Looks like You need to update Gradle version that used it Your project.

Change distributionUrl in gradle-wrapper.properties.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #Mon Dec 28 10:00:20 PST 2015
    2. distributionBase=GRADLE_USER_HOME
    3. distributionPath=wrapper/dists
    4. zipStoreBase=GRADLE_USER_HOME
    5. zipStorePath=wrapper/dists
    6. distributionUrl=https\://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-6.5-bin.zip
    Your version can be different.

Change gradle version in build.gradle
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. buildscript {
    2.     repositories {
    3.         jcenter()
    4.         google()
    5.     }
    7.     dependencies {
    8.         classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:4.1.0'
    9.     }
    10. }
    And maybe you need also update dependencies section in build.gradle
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. dependencies {
    2.     implementation fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar'])
    3.     implementation(name: 'LP_uLiveWallpaper', ext:'aar')
    4. }

3. hellaandrew

hellaandrew

Has anyone come across an issue where the wallpaper freezes if you hit the home button from the settings screen? I tested this issue with two scenarios:

1. In my own wallpaper app, I have a custom settings Activity. If my live wallpaper is currently set and the user taps the home button from my settings screen, the wallpaper will just freeze in place once the "animate to home screen from current app" animation ends.

2. To be sure that it wasn't anything I was doing in my own code, I exported a fresh Android Studio with uLiveWallpaper from within Unity with the "Settings Activity - Basic" option set. After inspecting the fresh Android Studio project it generated, I noticed that the onPause() override in the PreferenceActivity contains the code `finish()` at the end. I can tell that this will just kill the Activity when the user leaves that Activity. When I comment that `finish()` code out, and run the same test case (wallpaper running, settings screen open, then I press the home button), the wallpaper freezes.

If anyone is familiar with this issue, please help! I'm at a loss here as there are no errors being thrown that I can see in the LogCat. I even have this code set within my manifest with no luck:

<meta-data
    android:name="uLiveWallpaper.VerboseLog"
    android:value="true" />

I want to finish by saying that calling finish() in the onPause() function seems like a hacky solution to solve this issue =[

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  4. ArthurUS83

ArthurUS83

New Method Code Works Well, not crashing on One UI 2.5 on Start, BUT After Rebooting a Devise the Wallpaper is not starting, just Black Screen.
    :(

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  5. hellaandrew

hellaandrew

Hello, I'm glad you found a fix for this. Would you please guide me on how to implement this override? I can't find where to add this method.

6. abotrix

abotrix

Update of Indie version of uLiveWallpaper:

Alexa (Unity Technologies)

Dec 29, 2020, 16:09 UTC

Hi J,

I want to thank you again for waiting on me!

I have received a response from the Publisher. He has let me know that he is working on an update for the Indie version of the uLiveWallpaper that will correr the current errors.

I have also asked the Publisher to check on your requests. It would be great if you could contact him back on the matter. In case you do not receive a reply, we will investigate further.

I appreciate your patience while we worked on this!

@ZimM Thanks a bunch to getting back at Unity and working on a fix for your asset. Better late than never!

nasos_333 and ArthurUS83 like this.
  7. hellaandrew

hellaandrew

Aaah, that's cool. Thanks @ZimM

Life has a way of stopping us from doing what we love. I'm glad you found your way back around to this. I look forward to an update!

abotrix and nasos_333 like this.
  8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Fingers crossed we get this update, will save lot of debug and issue solving time.

abotrix likes this.
  9. MagnusAshish

MagnusAshish

Hello people, please help me with ulivewallpaper. I'm a beginner at programming and have only worked with c# unity. Please guide me to implement a custom settings where I can put a check box to enable like a game object after showing video ad.
    All I'm asking is that how to add to settings of wallpaper and use reward vedio ads.

10. abotrix

abotrix

The most simplest way is to first make whatever you want in Unity, export to Android Studio using the asset with a sample settings activity for Android provided and modify the settings.xml as you please and link it to you settings activity class.

You can use in Android UnityPlayer.UnitySendMessage(Activity, Method, parameter) from your settings activity to make the check box or radio button do something in Unity.

11. MagnusAshish

MagnusAshish

Thanks abotrix, that was quick and now I know what to look for on Google. What I understood from this is that I should make a toggle switch in setting.xml and then in settings activity class I have to use that method. Am I correct?

12. abotrix

abotrix

Yah. Sorry for the wait.

You can use the CheckBox in xml and reference that in the setting activity. Android Studio should help with filling in some of the code for you when setting up the onClick method. Sorry, I got the UnityPlayer.UnitySendMessage wrong at first. Look below.

Code (CSharp):
    1. // Xml
    2. <CheckBox
    3. android:id="@+id/checkBox"
    4. android:layout_width="wrap_content"
    5. android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    6. android:text="CheckMe" />

Code (CSharp):
    1. // Java
    2. CheckBox check;
    4. check= (CheckBox) findViewById(R.id.checkBox);
    6. @Override
    7. public void onClick(View view)
    8. {
    9.     switch (view.getId())
    10.     {
    11.         case R.id.checkBox:
    12.             if (check.isChecked())
    13.                 Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(), "I have been check!", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
    14.                 UnityPlayer.UnitySendMessage("GameObject", "Method", "value");
    15.             break;
    16.     }
    17. }

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  13. hellaandrew

hellaandrew

I wonder if anyone has explored the issue where the wallpaper would freeze if you tap the Home button from the wallpaper settings screen. If your app relies on the included PreferenceActivity that gets built from Unity, this issue doesn't exist, and I believe I know why. In the
    onPause
    function, there's a call to
    finish()
    at the end of it. If you remove
    finish()
    , run the app, open settings, then tap the home button, you will see the wallpaper freeze.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue? I have the pro version of uLiveWallpaper and even though I have access to the codebase, I'm having a difficult time figuring out the cause.

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi all,

In Android 10 and 11 I cant seem to access the default Settings page with the fps and resolution sliders, is there a known fix for this ?

In Android 9 works ok.

Thanks in advance

15. appvillas

appvillas

did You solve The issue? i have same issue

16. todiorkalo

todiorkalo

Hi, I get another exception on UI 2.5

Code (csharp):
    2. E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    3. Process: com.fexware.PV, PID: 3386 java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void android.app.WallpaperManager.notifyPid(boolean, int, java.lang.String)' on a null object reference
    4.         at android.service.wallpaper.WallpaperService$Engine.attach(WallpaperService.java:1371)
    5. at android.service.wallpaper.WallpaperService$IWallpaperEngineWrapper.executeMessage(WallpaperService.java:1784)
    6.         at com.android.internal.os.HandlerCaller$MyHandler.handleMessage(HandlerCaller.java:44)
    7.         at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107)
    8.         at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:237)
    9.         at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8167)
    10.         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    11.         at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:496)
    12.         at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1100)
    I pasted your library and rebuild the project, but no luck! I noticed your exception is different although the Null Reference may have to deal with the same object!

17. todiorkalo

todiorkalo

Hello @kkl888! Have you found a solution?

18. kkl888

kkl888

@todiorkalo, no at the moment, i messed abit with the code, i still got complains from users that the live wallpaper crash after wake up phone from sleep.

19. homerender

homerender

Hi. Trying to make all by manual, but everything broken on the first stage when I press "Create Project" in the Wizard.

Unity 2021.2.15f1 (Also tried on 2022.3.0f1)

Code (CSharp):
    1. AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous match found.
    2. System.RuntimeType.GetMethodImplCommon (System.String name, System.Int32 genericParameterCount, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Reflection.CallingConventions callConv, System.Type[] types, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers) (at <feaaa6313e32495d9f259b175aa6b597>:0)
    3. System.RuntimeType.GetMethodImpl (System.String name, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Reflection.CallingConventions callConv, System.Type[] types, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers) (at <feaaa6313e32495d9f259b175aa6b597>:0)
    4. System.Type.GetMethod (System.String name, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr) (at <feaaa6313e32495d9f259b175aa6b597>:0)
    5. System.Type.GetMethod (System.String name) (at <feaaa6313e32495d9f259b175aa6b597>:0)
    6. LostPolygon.uLiveWallpaper.Editor.Internal.UnityVersionedReflectionWrapper+PlayerSettings..cctor () (at G:/PROGRAMMING/Repos/BitBucket/uLiveWallpaper/UnityProject/Assets/uLiveWallpaper/Source/Internals/Editor/Utilities/UnityVersionedReflectionWrapper.cs:46)
    7. Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PlayerSettings' threw an exception.
    8. LostPolygon.uLiveWallpaper.Editor.LiveWallpaperProjectBuilder.BuildInitialProject () (at G:/PROGRAMMING/Repos/BitBucket/uLiveWallpaper/UnityProject/Assets/uLiveWallpaper/Source/Internals/Editor/BuildPipeline/LiveWallpaperProjectBuilder.cs:146)
    9. LostPolygon.uLiveWallpaper.Editor.LiveWallpaperProjectBuilder.BuildProject () (at G:/PROGRAMMING/Repos/BitBucket/uLiveWallpaper/UnityProject/Assets/uLiveWallpaper/Source/Internals/Editor/BuildPipeline/LiveWallpaperProjectBuilder.cs:107)
    10. LostPolygon.uLiveWallpaper.Editor.LiveWallpaperBuildGuiUtility.CreateLiveWallpaperProject (LostPolygon.uLiveWallpaper.Editor.Internal.ProjectSettingsContainer projectSettings) (at G:/PROGRAMMING/Repos/BitBucket/uLiveWallpaper/UnityProject/Assets/uLiveWallpaper/Source/Internals/Editor/LiveWallpaperBuildGuiUtility.cs:134)
    11. LostPolygon.uLiveWallpaper.Editor.LiveWallpaperBuildWindow.CreateLiveWallpaperProject () (at G:/PROGRAMMING/Repos/BitBucket/uLiveWallpaper/UnityProject/Assets/uLiveWallpaper/Source/Internals/Editor/LiveWallpaperBuildWindow.cs:602)
    12. UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallDelayFunctions () (at <2919c21692194bd4aadcc86b58da6722>:0)

nasos_333 likes this.
  20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Having the same issue