Search Unity

uLiveWallpaper - Develop Android Live Wallpapers with Unity!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ZimM, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Paige1996

Paige1996

HELP !! me
    i am beginner

Which language or things are necessary to figure out and use "ulivewallpaper indie"
    i know only to create 3d models in unity but don't know how to use properly
    even manual.pdf is not enough for me.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  2. ZimM

ZimM

Unfortunately, I fail to reproduce this. May I ask what device do you use? What Unity version? It would be a great help if you'll send me the log and the APK you've built so I can test it in a different environment.
    uLiveWallpaper is a Unity plugin. Therefore, you have to know how to use Unity in order to utilise uLiveWallpaper. The programming language used for Unity is C#, but there are many visual coding solutions for Unity. uLiveWallpaper has native support for PlayMaker, so you can look into that.
    If you want to learn Unity, just start with official tutorials:
    https://unity3d.com/learn

3. ArthurUS83

ArthurUS83

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Z-Weed likes this.
  4. ArthurUS83

ArthurUS83

Z-Weed likes this.
  5. Adil3

Adil3

can i import video flv mp4 ..etc on this package and make it as video live wallpaper?

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Will IAP work while in the preview mode ?

Also is it possible to grab the position of the icons in the Android home screen ? Or get
    a snapshot of it ?

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Is the system allowing controls and touch input in the actual wallpaper mode ? It all works fine in the settings panel, but i cant press or use controls in the wallpaper mode (when in Android desktop). I compiled both demos and tried and none seems to interact with user input in my Samsung S8+.

The swipe also works ok and changes the home screen offset in preview mode, while this is not working when the wallpaper is set in the actual launcher background.

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  8. Masharu-Law

Masharu-Law

I can't test the demo (it's just saying "problem with package") and I can't access the website as my antivirus is detecting
    phishing activity.

9. kepesh

kepesh

Hi,

How can I hide the Set wallpaper button (and back button) and send an event instead? I use playmaker.

This way I can easily make my own set wallpaper button if I have more than one wallpaper.

Thanks!

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

I try the API demo in a Samsung S8+ and when i am in the main screen and use the gyro, the pages number is lost and there is registering of offset changes. This does not happen when i run the application to set the wallpaper, only when the actual wallpaper is used in the launcher screen.

11. AE-Avde

AE-Avde

Hi,

Can i add a new activity to the android project and this new activity will be the main and the first one lunched with opening app, if yes how i can translate to wallpaper preview activity

Thanks and your work is very well

12. Accused

Accused

How can I go about requesting GPS though the wallpaper?

13. JustZht

JustZht

Yes you can, my app does that exactly. You will need to change your manifest.xml to make your customized activity instead of UnityPlayerActivity to receive android.intent.action.MAIN intent, and from there you can make an intent with StartWallpaperPreviewActivity.class as the second parameter then startActivity(intent).

14. JustZht

JustZht

@ZimM Hi, thanks for the asset, when experimenting with uLiveWallpaper I always have a weird result that memory reported from profiler (also Unity's new memory profiler) equals 1/2 of memory reported from Android system itself (via System->Apps->MyLWPapp->Memory or Android Studio profiler).
    This one is from Unity:
    upload_2018-10-1_22-40-34.png
    This one is from Android Studio:
    upload_2018-10-1_22-48-4.png
    I wonder if there is two instance of Unity running? My build environment is Unity 2017.2.0f1 and Unity 2018.2.10f1, Android 8 and 9, with "home screen shortcut = open preview screen, create unity activity = yes" ulivewallpaper setup. I also added some android UI elements on the unity activity by overriding the getsurfaceview function, but that seems not contributing to this issue, as even Android native UI is removed, the memory usage reported by Android is still about 2x of what Unity reported.

15. oxa89

oxa89

corpsinheretoo likes this.
  16. FirstPassProductions

FirstPassProductions

hello, how can i request a Free evaluation version? and what are the limitations vs indie? i have dabbled in live wallpaper in android studio and now i am getting started with unity, if i can get this working. Id love to purchase. thank you

17. corpsinheretoo

corpsinheretoo

I am not able to build Android Studio project. Error: Could not find method google()for arguments [] on repository container. Unity 2018.2.13.f1. Android Studio 2.3. Win7 64
    Just upgraded to Android Studio 3.2.1 and got the same error.
    Did some more updating of Android studio and then a new build from uLiveWallpaper. Current error:

Update: there was a reference to
    android:thumbnail="@drawable/app_icon in
    wallpaper.xml which was causing the most recent error. I deleted that line and now it compiles o_O

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  18. corpsinheretoo

corpsinheretoo

Hello again! Locking orientation. Before converting to a live wallpaper my unity app would respond to preferences setting it to lock into landscape. Now that it is a live wallpaper, it auto orients and locks into portrait mode - and ignores any changes made in Unity preferences. Is there a way around this? I though of just rotating my camera but, as the camera moves, it is a problematic solution.

Edit: I worked out the kinks in the camera rotation - so that is my solution: turned cameras on their sides :p

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  19. corpsinheretoo

corpsinheretoo

Oh look it is me again - possibly the only person on this forum :).
    My liveWallpaper runs on android 8, but not android 7. I checked the minSDK version and it is 9 - so plenty low.
    The apk installs without error on 7.0 and even displays the Unity logo, but then never goes beyond a black screen.

Btw I still have a livewallpaper made with this plugin from a couple of years ago which runs great on android 7

Now I opened up a new project with just a single sprite and built an android studio project using uLiveWallpaper - won't compile. Is there a preferred version of Android Studio I should be using? It is complaining about the use of deprecated features.

I have (at least temporarily) given up making this plugin work. Unity 2018.2.16f1 personal; win7 64; Android Studio (both 2.3 and 3.2.1). Is this plugin broken for the latest versions of Unity? I would love to get this working. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    FirstPassProductions likes this.
  20. FirstPassProductions

FirstPassProductions

im here too haha.. i keep checking back every day to see a response..
    i wanted to know if this still works or if i could get it working before purchasing. still no response on a trial version that is mentioned on the asset page.

corpsinheretoo likes this.
  21. Breathtaker

Breathtaker

Hi ZimM! Need Your help!:)

I'we got a client with phone vernee v2 pro. And he face strange behaviour. When he tap on my wallpaper to start preview screen he receive toast message "No activity found to set live wallpaper". But he can start any native android lwp's (that don't use unity) without any errors including wallpapers from google play.

I try to find this error in google but seems like this is not default android error message.

1) Can this message be trowned by ulivewallpaper? I have indi version and cannot see sources.
    2) Have You any ideas how to fix this?

Attached Files:

22. oxa89

oxa89

Hello todiorkalo,

You can set Home Screen Shortcut option to "None", and then call
    LiveWallpaper.OpenPreviewScreen(); 
    on button click from Unity

23. oxa89

oxa89

Try checking "Create Unity Activity" when creating project from uLW window. It will create an UnityActivity and set it to default.

24. bigfish7691

bigfish7691

Rebuild Projects Error Message (Create uLiveWallpaper Project) 2.png
    Hello, this is the developer of Korea.

It is developing Android Live Wallpaper.
    Unity made a test project.
    Android Studio Project with uLiveWallpaper Created.
    And I did a Rebuild Project in Android Studio.
    Error occurred while Rebuild Project.

I have sent you an e-mail (contact@lostpolygon.com) for more information.

I hope you will help me solve the problem.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  25. todiorkalo

todiorkalo

26. Abubakar_Saddique

Abubakar_Saddique

I have Purchased uLiveWallpaper (Indie)
    I am not able to run PlayMakerIntegration demo scene. When I import uLiveWallpaper_PlayMakerIntegration.unitypackage I got errors of namespaces like HutongGames and FSM related. Please guide what I have to do.

27. Abubakar_Saddique

Abubakar_Saddique

Hi all,
    I am using uLivewallpaper, two buttons of "Setting" and "Set as Wallpaper" are not showing in Editor's Game-View as showed in demo apk, so I made apk of demo scene of "Virtual box" with instructions as mentioned in user-manual of uLiveWallpaper. But button are also not showing on Mobile device. Please guide me what I have to do for this issue. Any suggestion will be helpful. Thanks in Advance.

28. oxa89

oxa89

You have to create Android Project "Tools>uLiveWallpaper>Create Project" and when you open the project via Android Studio and launch it you will get "Setting" and "Set as Wallpaper"

29. mjohar90

mjohar90

Hi all
    for some reasons i am using old version 5.3 of unity and exporting to android studio the project builds successfully.but in the wallpaper settings activity there is no use of list preferences so i dont know how to pass value from settings activity to unity scripts please help .also the app is not installing on older versions 2.3.2 of android

30. riddlez46

riddlez46

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting the same problem as Abubakar_Saddique with not having the settings icon and the "Set Wallpaper" button. When I do launch it with Android Studio for testing on any device I don't get those settings icon and the "Set Wallpaper" buttons which I want. Is there a way to add this in?

31. mjohar90

mjohar90

Accelerometer hangs after sometime problem with sensorlistener .please help

32. corpsinheretoo

corpsinheretoo

on my android device (MotoX) the wallpaper will not load. In Nadroid Studio using an emulator the wallpaper loads and runs but also shows a popup that says the application crashed (while it runs happily in the background) and returns this set of error messages:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    2.     Process: com.broos.RainyNara, PID: 6655
    3.     java.lang.Error: FATAL EXCEPTION [main]
    4.     Unity version     : 2018.3.7f1
    5.     Device model      : Google Android SDK built for x86
    6.     Device fingerprint: google/sdk_google_phone_x86/generic_x86:7.0/NYC/4409132:user/release-keys
    8.     Caused by: android.view.WindowManager$BadTokenException: Unable to add window -- token null is not for an application
    9.         at android.view.ViewRootImpl.setView(ViewRootImpl.java:682)
    10.         at android.view.WindowManagerGlobal.addView(WindowManagerGlobal.java:342)
    11.         at android.view.WindowManagerImpl.addView(WindowManagerImpl.java:93)
    12.         at android.app.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:316)
    13.         at bitter.jnibridge.JNIBridge.invoke(Native Method)
    14.         at bitter.jnibridge.JNIBridge$a.invoke(Unknown Source)
    15.         at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.invoke(Proxy.java:813)
    16.         at $Proxy7.handleMessage(Unknown Source)
    17.         at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:98)
    18.         at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
    19.         at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6077)
    20.         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    21.         at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:866)
    22.         at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:756)
    Higher up in the stack trace I found this, possibly more pertinent, error:
    E/UnityLWP: Unable to disable conflicting built-in Unity player API 23 permission request dialog. This may result in wallpaper not starting when some permissions are not granted. Please report this!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  33. corpsinheretoo

corpsinheretoo

[Fixed] - Completely rebuilding the project fixed this.

34. FirstPassProductions

FirstPassProductions

ive noticed sensors i used for camera movement go away when device is reset... then no camera movement...
    some things ive made will work in the unity activity it exports but not in wallpaper... unless i open the app... then open the wallpaper and set it. ie battery information and sensors

is there a way to use or access the onResume onPause ect Method?

some permissions you use need to be set in the app settings menu of the device... no prompt for them when installed.. ie device camera, location ect

35. Sw_Architect

Sw_Architect

got error while updating project
    Error building Player: UnityException: Invalid Android build system ADT. Update build settings.

36. fl1ckje

fl1ckje

Hi ZimM! I need Your help! :)
    Why can't I use touch input (which features mlutitouch support) using official unity input system in project after it's built using your plugin and android studio and installed as a live wallpaper in my launcher's desktop? Btw touch input works well when I open my live wallpaper in preview mode through the launcher. I'm so sorry for bad English and looking forward to your answer! :)
    P.S My unity editor version is 2018.3.14f1.

37. RockF1

RockF1

Hi everyone!
    Does anyone know of any Unity Asset that is compatible with uLiveWallpaper and help me develop a settings menu where I can select scenes and objects?
    Thank you very much ..

38. oxa89

oxa89

ArthurUS83 likes this.
  39. ArthurUS83

ArthurUS83

I Think Problem From oxa89 Should Be Answered Regarding support 64bit version.
    Thanks.

40. oxa89

oxa89

It will be a major problem starting on 1. August.
    @ArthurUS83

41. JustZht

JustZht

Recently Android Q blocks background activity startup. This policy affects the behavior of uLiveWallpaper when the unity player is initialized with an instantiator activity as the constructor context parameter (e.g. when the LWP is set as system wallpaper and the phone reboots). Currently, I found a workaround that would require to replace 'ViaInstantiatorActivity' to 'Directly' in UnityPlayerInstanceManager line 97, though I am not sure this would work on all scenarios. I hope the author can have some official fix on this issue (as Android Q is now near to stable channel), thanks.

teb88 and Breathtaker like this.
  42. muhammadameen9

muhammadameen9

i am facing errors while trying to create new project in ulivewallpaper, error is
    MissingMethodException: string UnityEditor.BuildPipeline.BuildPlayer(string[],string,UnityEditor.BuildTarget,UnityEditor.BuildOptions)
    LostPolygon.uLiveWallpaper.Editor.LiveWallpaperProjectBuilder.BuildInitialProject () (at G:/PROGRAMMING/Repos/BitBucket/uLiveWallpaper/UnityProject/Assets/uLiveWallpaper/Source/Internals/Editor/BuildPipeline/LiveWallpaperProjectBuilder.cs:148)
    LostPolygon.uLiveWallpaper.Editor.LiveWallpaperProjectBuilder.BuildProject () (at G:/PROGRAMMING/Repos/BitBucket/uLiveWallpaper/UnityProject/Assets/uLiveWallpaper/Source/Internals/Editor/BuildPipeline/LiveWallpaperProjectBuilder.cs:109)
    LostPolygon.uLiveWallpaper.Editor.LiveWallpaperBuildGuiUtility.CreateLiveWallpaperProject (LostPolygon.uLiveWallpaper.Editor.Internal.ProjectSettingsContainer projectSettings) (at G:/PROGRAMMING/Repos/BitBucket/uLiveWallpaper/UnityProject/Assets/uLiveWallpaper/Source/Internals/Editor/LiveWallpaperBuildGuiUtility.cs:132)
    LostPolygon.uLiveWallpaper.Editor.LiveWallpaperBuildWindow.CreateLiveWallpaperProject () (at G:/PROGRAMMING/Repos/BitBucket/uLiveWallpaper/UnityProject/Assets/uLiveWallpaper/Source/Internals/Editor/LiveWallpaperBuildWindow.cs:602)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallDelayFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:209)

please help me geting rid of this error.

43. oxa89

oxa89

Has the developer stopped working on this asset?

44. seven_

seven_

Not sure, the developer is very unresponsive and the latest update is around half a year old.
    Regarding your 64 bit issue, this does not really be related to this plugin. It is not using any native libraries and we are using it without problems in our 64 bit versions. I would guess you either use some other plugin only providing 32 bit native libraries, or you have not configured Unity to create 64 bit versions for you.

45. oxa89

oxa89

I am using it on 64bit device, but I am getting warning from GP that I don't support 64bit devices. To support them I need to set Target Achitecture in Unity.

I am not using any other plugin except this asset. When I set Target Achitecture to ARMv7, ARM64 and x86, export it to Android Studio and build it on 64bit phone it crashes.

46. snailhunter

snailhunter

There is a problem with the latest versions of unity as well black screen on Unity2019.2
    in logcat it says:Unable to disable conflicting built-in Unity player API 23 permission request dialog

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  47. raydekk

raydekk

@oxa89 I have the same problem.
    Did you use Unity's Export to Android Studio or did you use the usual Tools > Lost Polygon > Update project?

Btw, try setting the target architecture to only ARMv7 and ARM64 - remove x86 completely. For normal apps, Google Play doesn't let you upload the apk/aab unless x86 is removed.

48. ciobanu_pf

ciobanu_pf

same problem here... did you find any solution for this? thanks.

49. ciobanu_pf

ciobanu_pf

I've got the same problem here (Unity 2019.1.5f.1, device: Samsung S9+). Could you please tell me more detailed how did you solve the problem? many thanks

50. bsr126

bsr126

Hello Developer, please provide a tutorial on creating custom preference activity that will change certain values like number of 3d models etc. in Live wallpaper. The VirtualBox demo is not sufficient enough to understand the relation between C# script and the Java code when dealing with user preference.