Search Unity

Ulib

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by McRain, Mar 17, 2011.

1. McRain

McRain

Hi
    ULIB very easy to use and is sold with examples. Documentation adds little information.
    I have not tested with ULIB Unity4, but I think that no problem .
    Several new classes that have new in Unity4 missing to the library, but ULIB has a plugin system and you can easily add your own rules of serialization.
    I will always be happy to answer your questions about using the library via the forum or e-mail.

Thank you.

2. GamePowerNetwork

GamePowerNetwork

I'm purchasing Ulib now ... I'll give my feedback. It seems really cool and I think I'll need something like it very soon.

Are you still actively developing it?

3. McRain

McRain

Now I'm busy with my server, but the library ULIB will soon fully updated.
    Thank you very much.

4. 3Duaun

3Duaun

where has the "app_config" file gone in the recent version of ULIB? As shown in this video:
    http://youtu.be/0jS77kJpGgw

When I download and import ULIB from the Unity asset store, it doesn't contain app_config.php. Is this available online somewhere? I'd like to integrate ULIB into the new project we're working on, but dont see this file in any of the asset store files that import after downloading ULIB. Thank you for your help :)

There is also some odd project folder inside the "apps" folder, in the WWW_dir, that is titled "0", with no explanation of what it is there for.

I really need a copy of the app_config.php file. Please direct me to where I can download or copy it from. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  5. 3Duaun

3Duaun

I've tried reimporting ULIB a number of times now, and there is never an app_config.php file anywhere in the files the package installs in my projects' assets folder. :-( Without this, how am I supposed to connect to my MySQL database through ULIB? How would i enter my database name login credentials without this file? Without the dbconn() method, I'm not seeing where i would actually connect to my database.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  6. McRain

McRain

Hi.
    It used to be two projects in AssetStore - including php and without php.
    app_config.php file must be in Assets\ULIB\WWW_dir\apps\0\
    If you do not - email me, I will give it to you.
    Thanks.

7. 3Duaun

3Duaun

Thank you McRain for your assistance :)

EDIT: Email sent message to you via the Unity forums. So hopefully it made it to your inbox, or your Unity Forums inbox; if not, please let me know of your actual email address I'll have it right over.

EDIT 2: I havent received the app_config.php file as of yet. Have you had the time to send it?

EDIT 3: In addition, which method for calling INCLUDE are you using across all of ULIB's files? :Use php.ini / htaccess / ini_set function / set_include_path function / Manually coding the path

How would i simply pass a string parameter to the serverClass.php, without serializing it, so I can have it exposed in the database as plain TEXT in a mySql database? Does ULIB allow for data to NOT be serlized, or is all data required to be serialized that ULIB handles? or would i just use normal WWW calls from Unity's WWW class?

Does ULIB also have the ability to deserialize the serialized data sent from Unity on the server side, for placement in a MySQL field? If so, how?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  8. sonicviz

sonicviz

Is it possible to serialize/deserialize audio clips with uLib?

ty!

9. 3Duaun

3Duaun

McRain, would it be possible to get that file sometime soon? Thank you

10. McRain

McRain

Unfortunately I did not get notification of your posts.
    Sorry.
    I think it's better to use the audio format ogg - and ULIB just point link.

11. McRain

McRain

Now I'm trying to use ULIB for export scenes from Unity3D editor to WebGL. Some content may be read and used to build a WebGL scene, preserving the structure of objects and some of the possibilities. I hope it will be soon available in ULIB, if this will be interesting.
    Additionally ULIB received several improvements and extensions.

Save from Unity

[video=youtube_share;KVkEi6Y2g_0]http://youtu.be/KVkEi6Y2g_0

Read to WebGL

[video=youtube_share;n6ayB5lxZsI]http://youtu.be/n6ayB5lxZsI

Your ULIB files will still be readable in C # / PHP, and you can build a scene in the runtime on your server or client, and display it in WebGL with no change in the files.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  12. McRain

McRain

13. McRain

McRain

Library Game Development ULIB (version 4.5.1) is now available for free (client side).

If you use the library in your games – email me and I’ll post a link to your game in the blog.

Welcome proposals for the development of the library.

http://game.reneos.com/ulib/4.5.1.zip

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  14. darker9999

darker9999

Just wanted to say great job, really helped when making our save system work well on different platforms.
    Cheers.

15. McRain

McRain

thank you very much

16. darker9999

darker9999

Have just run into one issue I was hoping you could help with.

We are currently optimizing our saving by using other threads, obviously for this we have to create our own types as we can't use any of Unitys. This all works fine, except for on Mesh data which takes a huge amount of time compared to unity's mesh. Our mesh type is just list's of our own vector types. We tried flattening it to just floats and that didn't work either.

Was wondering if you had any tips on how you handled unitys mesh or a reason as to why ours is so slow. This is on the Serializer.Encode function btw.

17. McRain

McRain

Please send me an example of your types and code to **********

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  18. fmarkus

fmarkus

Hello!
    I am looking for the latest version. Can anyone send it to me? Thank you!

19. McRain

McRain

Now is open source
    https://github.com/McRain/ulib