Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UIToolkit and Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by TomTheMan59, Sep 28, 2021.

1. TomTheMan59

TomTheMan59

Hi everyone,

I am concerned. I have been watching the beta release notes and there has been few to no bug fixes for UIToolkit. There are a lot of bugs and I thought I read UIToolkit was going to be production ready at the end of this year.

I am just wondering why there are barely any bug fixes showing up in the beta releases and if the production ready version is pushed back?

2. KamilCSPS

KamilCSPS

Noticed that too. For both the Alpha and Beta. My (Guess) is that there's a lot of under-the-hood changes to the code generation / compilation backend happening right now. Work that started for 2021.2 and now even more massive changes to the .NET support, IL2CPP compilation in 2022.1. All of that probably creates a lot of instability and requires much more regression testing.

Just take a look at this thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-future-net-development-status.1092205/

It's not a small undertaking.

3. antoine-unity

antoine-unity

Unity Technologies

I have looked at numbers quickly and I counted around 50 bug fixes for UI Toolkit in the beta cycle of 2021.2.

Are there specific areas that you are concerned about ? Or specific issues IDs you are following ?

Thanks

4. TomTheMan59

TomTheMan59

I hope it won't take too long!

I might have missed a few, or just overlooked the editor UIToolkit fixes as I am mainly focused on runtime.

One of the main concerns I have seen around the forums and myself is the scrollview:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/scrollview-has-a-few-bugs.1162652/

santhoshr151194 likes this.
  5. TomTheMan59

TomTheMan59

Now that 2021.2 is out, I am assuming UIToolkit it out of preview and is ready for production? There are still too many bugs, especially with scrollview, to make it viable to use.

One of the major bugs is that even if you have the scrollview set to vertical, it can still be scrolled horizontally on iOS.

Also, scrolling on iOS is a very bad experience. If you swipe down, it will slightly jerk to a stop than keep scrolling.

This among a lot of other bugs.

Are these issues going to be resolved soon?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    Protagonist likes this.
  6. sebastiend-unity

sebastiend-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Tom,

Thanks for reporting this. Our team is looking at the issue right now. The issue itself was supposed to have been fixed earlier this summer in 21.2. We will get back to you soon with more details.

7. aravind67

aravind67

Hi,

We are developing a mobile app using UI Toolkit in Unity 2021 LTS and we are facing above-mentioned scroll issue(Issue #3: Scroll animation frame rate).

https://forum.unity.com/threads/scrollview-has-a-few-bugs.1162652/

Any update on when the scroll issue will be fixed or suggest any work around for the issue?

Last edited: May 16, 2022