Search Unity

UIS Gesture Support: Swipes

Discussion in 'Input System' started by SamuelAsherRivello, Aug 1, 2019.

1. SamuelAsherRivello

SamuelAsherRivello

I just put the new Unity Input System (UIS) into my first production project.

I enjoyed the experience. I see "Touch" listed in the InputActions wizard but not 'swipes.

I'm curious about the roadmap for Gestures including swipe up, swipe down, swipe left, and swipe right.

1. Are swipes currently included in UIS?
    2. Will swipes be added by Unity to the UIS?
    3. Do you have an example (code or pseudocode) of how you recommend we add it on top of today's UIS?

NeatWolf likes this.
  2. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

Unfortunately, gesture support didn't make it for 1.0. Probably something that will get looked at beyond that.

When it comes, hopefully it be something that covers both system/platform-level recognizers as well as application-side recognizers and something that manages to bring gestures across the various devices under one umbrella. But at this point, still too early to tell what form gesture recognition would take.

There's an example in the TouchSamples in the repo. We're still in the process of making that a properly integrated sample. Right now there's some problems with missing project settings but should still be useful to look at (stuff like GestureController).

NeatWolf likes this.