Search Unity

UIElements Runtime decom does not work properly in WebGL

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by Genom, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Genom

Genom

Hi team! I've tried building the runtime demo for WebGL both for 2019.0f3 ahd 2020.1.0a17 and it doesn't work properly (in any browser eg Chrome or FF). As soon as you press any button the rendering for the UIElements gets crazy and tiles randomly (though the interaction with mouse is ok and the click events are fired).

I was trying to see if webgl was not compatible with UIElements yet but I could not find anything related. I was also trying to play with different settings (as Linear instead of Gamma) but it seems to have nothing to do with it.

Any clue?

thanks!

2. jonathanma_unity

jonathanma_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Genom,

UIElements runtime package is experimental and under heavy development.

We are aware of the issue and at the moment WebGL is simply not compatible.

3. Genom

Genom

Hi Jonahtan, no prob! I just wanted to share it. do you have any idea (ETA) about when we could test it in webgl?

thanks!

4. jonathanma_unity

jonathanma_unity

Unity Technologies

The issue is caused by a bug in the WebGL infrastructure which is out of the UIElements team hands so it's hard to tell exactly when it's gonna be fixed.

Of course we aim to have this resolved when we release the first version of the package.

5. Genom

Genom

those perfid webgls! (kidding : DD) thanks a lot Jonathan, I'm looking forward to see it working.

jonathanma_unity likes this.
  6. matt-nexus

matt-nexus

@jonathanma_unity Appreciate we're now two years on from this original post, but it still appears that the latest UIToolkit runtime in 2020.3 at least is unsupported on WebGL - is there any more info on when, or even if, this would become supported?