Search Unity

UIElements questions and feedback

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by Sangemdoko, Apr 3, 2019.

1. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

No news at this time.

2. PixelLifetime

PixelLifetime

Will we have any visual way to create animation for UIElements or will it be possible only through code?

I know that it's possible to write a separate tool for this to generate the required code (still would be nice for this to be embedded in the whole system), but I was wondering if there will be such a tool would it be generated code or some inside hidden thing like animation with keyframes?

Also, the ability to create/write our own behaviours and movement for elements is very important in case default `Ease` and such are insufficient.

3. PedroGV

PedroGV

Attributes will take this great feature to a whole new level. Hope to see it implemented soon

4. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

We plan to start with CSS Transitions for the first phase of animation support, then move to exposing UI Toolkit to Unity's Timeline for more complex animations. But this will all come post 1.0 release now, in 2021. See:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/ui-toolkit-1-0-preview-available.927822

PixelLifetime likes this.
  5. dotsquid

dotsquid

a436t4ataf and Midiphony like this.
  6. Zagree

Zagree

:(

7. Aldeminor

Aldeminor

Hi,
    I'm using custom UIElements-based inspector for all objects which just iterates over visible properties and spawns PropertyField (2021.3.17). But whenever I override that inspector to do custom stuff, I'm getting in a situation where various value fields (Enum, Object etc.) has label width different from the PropertyField's one. How can I quickly fix this without involving too much of code or pixel-guessing? Here's an example of EnumField (1) and two PropertyFields (2):

Attached Files:

8. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

You can fix this by adding the class ".unity-base-field__aligned" to the field.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/2023.2/Documentation/ScriptReference/UIElements.BaseField_1.html

Aldeminor likes this.
  9. Aldeminor

Aldeminor

Thanks, it worked! But at first I just copied your string as-is and got nothing, that's because of the dot at the start, it shouldn't be there when passing the class name to the AddToClassList() :)

BTW apparently in 2022.3 the alignment issue is gone.

karl_jones likes this.