Search Unity

Bug UIBuilder 0.11.0 - Adding child UIElements not working correctly in the UI builder Heirarchy

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by Kan15hkSMT, May 12, 2020.

1. Kan15hkSMT

Kan15hkSMT

I want to create a root panel that contains many other smaller panels(made up of visual elements/labels). At some point the UIBuilder does not add the child UIElement to the correct parent that I am dragging that element onto.

For example if I drag a new label element to element "A" it ends up becoming a child of element "B" which is somewhere else in the hierarchy.

Any recommendations on how to fix this?

2. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

We'll need to see more specifics before being able to advise. A short recording (gif or video) would be best, but if not, at least some screenshots.

There are a few legit reasons why an element would not be added immediately inside the parent being hovered on drag. One example is if the element has a custom contentContainer sub-element defined. New children are then not added directly inside the parent but inside this child element of the parent marked as the contentContainer. Also valid is trying to add elements as children to UXML instances (UXML asset within another UXML asset).

It's possible what you're seeing is a bug but we need more details.

3. Kan15hkSMT

Kan15hkSMT

This is not a bug. I apologize. I was doing something wrong.