Search Unity

UI World Space Canvas bugged in the game view [Unity 5.3.4p4]

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by FiveFingers, Apr 24, 2016.

1. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

Hello, It worked for the first 3 days, then, suddenly it finished working, but I didn't do anything to my scene.

I am attaching an example project.
    Just open the test scene, and, staying in STOP, show the game view, and look,
    try playing dragging the game tab viewport size and see what happens...

Unity 5.3.4p4 (20 april)
    OSX

Attached Files:

2. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

this seems fixed in 5.4.0b15....

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  3. BenVinson42

BenVinson42

I am running into this issue as well in 5.3.5f1, very confusing/annoying :(

4. LtKelleyUSMC

LtKelleyUSMC

Maybe these things will be fixed in 5.4.0z4000. (sarcastic remark)
    Just like Windows Updates in Windows 10, these things have not been beta tested enough.
    Let me give you two examples of what I am talking about with Windows 10.
    I am a computer tech. Had a client with a Dell Laptop Windows 10. She said she let Windows 10 do an update the night before, and went to bed. The next morning, she woke up, turned on the computer, and the message on the screen said NO BOOT DEVICE FOUND.
    I called Dell, and their tech, had me go into the BIOS, and there was no WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER. He said to add it, by typing in "WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER". then click on ADD DEVICE, then go find the boot device file, save, and reboot. THIS RESOLVED THE PROBLEM.
    SECOND EXAMPLE: Client would use OUTLOOK (client program), to open emails that had PDF files ATTACHED. Then, all of a sudden one day, she was not able to read her attached PDF files (none of them, even previous emails that she had been able to read before).
    So, I called Microsoft, and their tech told me to go look in Windows Update History, and there was an update for OUTLOOK. He said to UNINSTALL that Outlook update, and reboot.
    THIS SOLVED THE PROBLEM... ARE YOU KIDDING???
    Microsoft IS NOT beta testing their updates before RELEASING THEM TO THE PUBLIC, plus they are messing around with the BIOS... GEEZUS, ARE YOU KIDDING???
    Perhaps they should run more tests on the RELEASES, before releasing the software to the public
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Imagine, if we bought a brand new car, and we were having the same types of problems, as these releases of software... Driving your car down the road, and it just dies... In Texas, we have what is called a LEMON LAW. Geezz, get the connection?
    Think about it. We programmers are buying software that is not working correctly yet. We don't get to spend time PROGRAMMING, cause we are having to research WHY SOMETHING did not work. How come WE ARE HAVING TO DO THIS??? This has become an ACCEPTED PRACTICE for these companies that are selling software. Perhaps, if they want me to find mistakes in their program, they should be paying ME some of this money that WE are paying them for their software that does not work correctly. I know, we are suppose to wait until they send out an update - FIX - for their software that DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY.
    Seems to me that a REFUND is in order here, until they get all the BUGS worked out...or maybe be able to get a trial version (PRO included), before making a purchase of these programs. Then, when it us considered STABLE, only then, are they allowed to SELL IT!!!
    See, I ended up in their FORUM, because I have TOGGLES in my game, and it works great in the editor, but when making the EXECUTABLE, it does not even SHOW UP. So, I am spending my time RESEARCHING why this does not work, instead of programming my game...!!!
    I WANT TO USE MY COMPUTER, I DON'T WANT TO BE FIXING IT ALL THE TIME...
    YUK

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  5. Kewlife

Kewlife

Have worked through a project rebuild that wouldnt do what I wanted.
    First, always make sure you have an eventsystem, this is the most common problem and easiest to fix.
    Second, remember you are dealing with camera for rendering, my problem was culling mask was not set to everything, dont know how You can prolly focus these settings to help your frames, but its best when developing to set everything to max unless you find something that causes major lag.
    Third, make sure your UI's are actually pointing to the camera. They are usually 2d sprites and placed on the wrong axis they will never be seen by your camera. Use drawray or drawline to help you figure where you are pointing to.
    Fourth, try building a sample world canvas. Make a canvas, set it to world, drop an image on it. You should see it. If not, try, try again.

6. juelzsantana123

juelzsantana123

Hello. I had this issue -- problem was that in forward renderer asset opaq and transparent layer mask was missing. Especially watch for transparent.