Search Unity

Official UI Update - Q1 2021

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by benoitd_unity, Jan 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Besides the point that they should put out some documentation when they think they released a first stable version and they think it is ready for more wide adaption and stress test from users, we have a lot of people here who are using it, so you either have a misconfig or improper/incompatible version. The UI Toolkit package is working for some generous extent (missing features though).

2. burningmime

burningmime

I know this is old and the decision was made but...

1) It totally was meeting the quality standard; this is an awesome addition to Unity
    2) It's very helpful to users to be able to pick and choose what features they want to have in an alpha/unready state. I don't want to update my whole project to 2021.2; I barely have it working on 2020.3. However, I do need to play around with new UI toolkit features.
    3) If updating packages is hugely burdensome on the team, I'd argue the issue is with the packaging process.

ModLunar, influxus and dKleinTriCAT like this.
  3. adammpolak

adammpolak

Hey i felt the same way and made a how-to: https://moetsi.gitbook.io/unity-dot...ilder-and-ui-toolkit/creating-a-screenmanager

4. Krahgnatokz

Krahgnatokz

Would it be safe to add the UI Toolkit preview for runtime UIs to a 2021.1 project while 2021.2 comes out with the integrated version?
    I added it to another project and if I remove the preview package it breaks the editor window. I believe the Editor version of UIElements gets removed as well. Hope I explained myself.

5. thetnswe

thetnswe

Unity 2021.2.0b2

Setting unityFont to the Label doesn't affect anything. I tried setting the text from both UI Builder editor and through C# code. Is that a bug?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.