Search Unity

Resolved [UI Toolkit] [XR] Are there plans for Curved UI?

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by MaskedMouse, Aug 26, 2022.

1. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

Even though World Space UI is still being pushed away further and further. Which reminds me of this post.

Are there any plans on doing curved UI for XR projects?
    If there are, will it work with the XR Interaction Toolkit and the Input System packages?

leonlanghans likes this.
  2. antoine-unity

antoine-unity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

I think Curved UI is definitely a request we hear about often but it's on the plans yet. I believe we'd need to tackle basic World Space rendering and XR Input first.

Would you mind logging a feature request here ? Just to make sure we don't lose sigh of it :)

3. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

I think I did already do that request. However, there's no easy way to look at the requests that I've already made. Only when I confirm a new request, I can see my old ones. I have to remember what I already requested.
    Nor is there any form of confirmation that it has been read, considered, denied. There's basically no feedback whatsoever.
    It often feels like shouting into the void in the hope that someone hears it.
    Perhaps that's feedback for the roadmap itself.

soleron, bdovaz and antoine-unity like this.
  4. LaurentGibert

LaurentGibert

Administrator

Hi @MaskedMouse, this is fair feedback thank you. We are limited today by the out-of-the-box features we're using from our third-party software for this, and there is no easy way to improve this in the immediate short term. However, if this could be useful, one of us could collect the data you submitted on the backend and share it with you.

That's all I can offer for the moment. Thank you for giving us your feedback!

Laurent

andy-jepkes and MaskedMouse like this.
  5. soleron

soleron

What is the software you use for this?

6. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

7. soleron

soleron

Ugh... I hate how this works.
    Not to mention that somehow it is exposing my email to everyone which prevents me from providing feedback.