Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved UI Toolkit buttons *still* not working in WebGL build in 2022.2 - beta 14 (while ok in 2022.1)

Discussion in 'Web' started by ivank, Nov 4, 2022.

1. ivank

ivank

I wonder if anybody encountered this issue?
    - In Unity 2022.1 create scene with one simple, generic button using UI toolkit
    - the button changes its visual states as expected when clicked/released by mouse key - in Editor
    - it also works as expected in WebGL build

- after upgrading the project to 2022.2 beta 13 (latest as of now):
    - the button works as expected in Editor
    - it does not react to mouse clicks at all in WebGL build

I noticed this after upgrading my project with many buttons in UI to 2022.2 beta 13 - all buttons ceased its function in build (and not in Editor). So I created test empty scene just with one button - with the result described above.
    Is it a bug? If so, is it a known one?

2. KamilCSPS

KamilCSPS

Suggest you post it in the beta forums; you'll get much faster replies and generally, yes, a bug report is welcomed.

3. unityruba

unityruba

Unity Technologies

+1 for the bug report, especially since it sounds like you have a minimal project with one button that reproduces the issue. That'll help us quickly trackdown and fix the issue.

4. ivank

ivank

Bug report filled (case in-22066).
    It seems it is just reappearance of the presumably fixed bug from older 2022.2 betas, as discussed here.

5. ivank

ivank

Hi @unityruba, I hereby confirm that the buttons in WebGL builds are not "pressable" even in the Beta 14.
    Quite annoying bug de facto making WebGL impossible to use.

6. ivank

ivank

In Beta 15 still no change

7. unityruba

unityruba

Unity Technologies

I've managed to repro this issue. Interestingly it doesn't repro on our latest trunk. I'm reaching out to the Toolkit team to see if they've pushed any changes in that specific version and get back to you.

ivank likes this.
  8. ivank

ivank

Thanks @unityruba for your attention and effort!
    Maybe the issue is identical to this one in issue tracker, which is now promised to be fixed in 2022.2.0f1? (My bug report Case-in 22066 has not been confirmed yet)

EDIT: Most probably the issue is not identical as it persists even with the "Active Input Handling" set to "Input Manager (Old)"
    while the one already tracked claims to be active/malfunctioning only when "Active Input Handling" is set to "Both".

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  9. ivank

ivank

For 2022.2.0f1 the issue is gone, UI buttons seem to work ok

10. Emilio_LC

Emilio_LC

My buttons don't show at all, also the game's not stopping on game over and the sound is not playing. The build for Mac works perfect though, just the WebGL has issues