Search Unity

Bug UI Toolkit 1.0.0.preview.14 + Unity 2021.1.16f1 = bug

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by JustAnotherDude, Aug 1, 2021.

1. JustAnotherDude

JustAnotherDude

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ui@1.0.0-preview.14\Editor\Inspector\InspectorElement.cs(587,84): error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.LayoutCache' to 'int'

M_R_M, oobartez, pawelduda and 2 others like this.
  2. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hello, there are incompatibilities of the UI Toolkit Package version preview.14 with more recent Unity versions, we're publishing the package update hopefully very soon to fix this (among other issues) :oops:

3. oobartez

oobartez

Our team sees the same problem, we are unable to update our project to the newer version of Unity because of the incompatibility with UI Toolkit.

pawelduda and kamil-dawidow like this.
  4. Hoijima

Hoijima

Same here, wanted to update to 2021.1.16, broke. Waiting for that sweet fix.

5. superblockio

superblockio

6. Miami-Mechanistry

Miami-Mechanistry

7. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

We're doing our best, everyone! Watch the Forum, when we publish we'll update the thread ;)

8. mjc33

mjc33

I feel like new Beta versions of Unity shouldn't be released if they have such significant issues like this with major Unity packages.Are all the people at Unity testing the latest builds still using the old UI, old input system, DX11 rather than DX12 etc? Because that's what it is seeming like from my recent experience. Sorry to rant but just hoping things like this won't happen again

tenukii and Kichang-Kim like this.
  9. theishiopian

theishiopian

Also having this issue.

10. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

11. theishiopian

theishiopian

The bug is indeed fixed, though now occasionally the text in the builder jsut goes byebye lol

12. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

That's one of our known issues if you check here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/ui-toolkit-migration-guide.1138621/#post-7405538

You can restart Unity and it all goes back to normal, and if it keeps happening clean the Library folder by deleting it with Unity not running or doing a "Reimport All" from the Project view. We'll fix this for a future update!

13. BlackclawsK

BlackclawsK

Unfortunately upgrading to preview.15 breaks il2cpp builds for iOS targets (my guess is all il2cpp targets are affected) on both 2021.1.15f1 and 2021.1.16f1. They error out with a linker error. preview.14 with 15f1 works fine but of course does not work with 16f1. Using preview.15 with 2021.1.15f1 also results in a lot of broken UI items in the package manager and other places.

The linker error for 15f1 is:

xception: Failed running /Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.1.15f1/Editor/Data/il2cpp/build/deploy/netcoreapp3.1/UnityLinker @"/home/felix/arfinity/development/unity/Arfinity.Unity.MobileDemoApp/MobileDemoApp/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/response.rsp"

stdout:
    Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker
    Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'UnityEngine.TextCoreTextEngineModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    at Unity.Linker.EngineStripping.EngineModule.ResolvedReferences(UnityLinkContext context)+MoveNext() in /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/il2cpp/UnityLinker/Linker/EngineStripping/EngineModule.cs:line 42

The linker error for 16f1 is:

Exception: Failed running /Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.1.16f1/Editor/Data/il2cpp/build/deploy/netcoreapp3.1/UnityLinker @"/home/felix/arfinity/development/unity/Arfinity.Unity.MobileDemoApp/MobileDemoApp/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/response.rsp"

stdout:
    Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker
    Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'UnityEngine.TextCoreTextEngineModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

14. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

As mentioned on the post announcing the release, if you're using IL2CPP you need to wait for the next versions of 2020.3 and 2021.1 being published this week.

15. BlackclawsK

BlackclawsK

My bad. I didn't read the announcement post in detail and just upgraded the package. I'll wait for 17f1 then.

16. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

17. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

It's out now, I noticed it wasn't out last Friday and I was expecting it to be, so sorry about that! Good thing it's out now :)

Kichang-Kim likes this.
  18. M_R_M

M_R_M

Just “upgraded” Unity as a result of needing to reinstall Windows, and this issue has not been resolved.

Version 2020.3.19f1

19. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

Not sure what issue specifically you're referring to, but you need newer versions of the package with the latest 2020.3. We recommend preview.17, which is the newest one. If you're on preview.14, you need to upgrade the package.

20. M_R_M

M_R_M

Sorry, I was unable to upgrade because Package Manager was blank (resolved by just starting in safe mode, for anyone who comes across either of these issues).

I’ve upgraded to .17 and I now have 15 errors instead of 1.

edit: upgraded both builder and toolkit to .17, and now I have 81 errors.

21. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

Have you followed the Migration Guide and added the Assembly Definition asset?

22. Deleted User

Deleted User

Still doesn't work and I just can't believe that now I have to refactor and change EVERY piece of UI in my project and the deadline is in 2 weeks. Thank you so much.

23. TomTheMan59

TomTheMan59

:(
    Just curious why you are unhappy with Unity when you are using a preview version and your deadline is 2 weeks away? Generally you shouldn’t be using alpha or betas on production products. :(

24. Deleted User

Deleted User

You're right, but I'm not using anything advanced. It's just score counters, timers and some buttons. I expect it to work. I'll try again one more time to fix this if not I'm not touching this until a stable release. I'll post a solution if I find one btw.

25. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

I'm sorry you got issues. From the date of your post and your comment about your deadline, I believe now it's too late, but we can still help if we get more information. You can also always file a bug through Help > Report a Bug inside Unity, with a sample project containing the issue, so we can better investigate.