Search Unity

UI Text Not updating in build

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by mkowpak, Jun 17, 2020.

1. mkowpak

mkowpak

Hi.

I'm currently experiencing an issue with UI text fields which I cannot figure out. My issue occurs when I make copies of a UI Text that is in my hierarchy with placeholder text, and then try to update the text. Currently, my text is not visually updating. If I query the .text field of the text, it is indeed set properly. I have tried setting and updating this text at different times but nothing seems to help. In the Editor, this behaviour works fine but does not work when I build for iOS or Android. I do not know if it is relevant, but I will also mention that this whole process is occurring at a point in time when I load a prefab using addressables (this prefab has the ui text with placeholder, and clones it). Any ideas or hints in the right direction would be great.

Thanks.

Edit: I am using Unity 2019.2.11

Edit 2 17/05/2020: Turns out my issue was not with UnityUI, but the way I was getting the text that was setting text. I still don't know why the text was properly set but not drawing but I am no longer experiencing this issue.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020