Search Unity

UI text not the same in scene view

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Nubcake22, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Nubcake22

Nubcake22

Hi people!

So I was doing a ui and for some reason the game view and scene view is not the same! Is there any way to make the text be at the same place as scene view!

It should look as in the image! A440B79F-0482-48DA-B0A7-997A3F6B4C64.jpeg

2. Nubcake22

Nubcake22

But instead it looks like that image.jpg

3. recursive

recursive

Looks like you have the Game View set to FREE ASPECT. Pick the option that matches your target resolution or aspect ratio.

4. Nubcake22

Nubcake22

Tried that but still does spacing but not as much. I'll try to put some canvas scaler or i dont know!

Thank you tho

5. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

6. Antistone

Antistone

Are you seeing both of those images side-by-side on your screen at a single moment, or does one of them appear when you press play and/or change your resolution settings?

I am guessing that the second screen shot is after you press "play", and because you have "maximize on play" turned on, that's changing your display resolution. (NOTE: Not necessarily your aspect ratio, but your absolute resolution.)

When you change resolution, you can get different types or scaling (with various advantages and drawbacks) depending on how your anchors are set and how you've configured your Canvas Scaler. See https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/HOWTO-UIMultiResolution.html