Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UI text flicker in Oculus Quest?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by saifshk17, Dec 20, 2019.

1. saifshk17

saifshk17

Has anyone faced the problem of texts flickering in Oculus Go/Quest? I have set my anti-aliasing to 4x. When I am farther away from the UI texts, it flickers. But when I am closer to it, it stops flickering. I have set nearClipping = 0.3/0.4 of Camera and still does not make any difference.

2. danielesuppo

danielesuppo

3. NemesisWarlock

NemesisWarlock

WHat text system are you using? Text, or TextMeshPro? I suggest you use TextMeshProUGUI components, as they're much more efficient and powerful.

also, check your "order In layer" for the canvas you're working on, and check for Z-fighting, you may have an object on the same Z-location as your text, which would indeed cause flickering.

4. AMST_

AMST_

Hey, Did you find any solution for this?

5. EldonGrady

EldonGrady

Text flickering issue is a common problem that occurs when text in a VR scene appears blurry or choppy due to the low resolution or depth buffering accuracy of the Oculus Go/Quest. There are a few possible solutions you can try to fix this problem, such as:
    • Use TextMeshPro instead of standard Unity UI text. TextMeshPro is a text rendering plugin that provides better quality and performance for VR text.
    • Adjust the accuracy of the camera's Z buffer.