Search Unity

UI Slider Jump to Click

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by crdmrn, Sep 15, 2017.

1. crdmrn

crdmrn

Simple question, is there a way to have the built-in UI Slider jump to the mouse position when clicking anywhere on the slider, or does it only work with drag? :S

2. methos5k

methos5k

Afaik, you can click the slider's area with the mouse and it goes there? That is the default behaviour, in my experience.

3. SimonDarksideJ

SimonDarksideJ

@methos5k is correct, the default behaviour of both the Slider and Scrollbar is "Click to jump" using mouse. Should be the same with touch (unless you hold the control which initiates a drag)

4. Lumpazy

Lumpazy

It looks like it is the default, but unfortunately it shows sometimes erratic behaviours :/
    I looked up this question because mine didn't jump to click either.

So i just created a new slider instead of the dysfunctional one. it worked fine. as stated here.

adjusting some size etc values it didn't anymore.
    so i deleted it and started over, and as i happened to click on my original slider... it suddely worked .... without having changed almost anything to it ! i.e. except its position !

so there. somewhere in all this must be the reason for this question to be asked at all .....

i guess that it may be because of some overlapping layers or some masking going on etc

5. Lumpazy

Lumpazy

Same for me, but then simple answer :
    The background image of the slider has to be raycast-able. Easy to overlook...