Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

UI Slider Chop instead of Scale

Discussion in 'Unity UI & TextMesh Pro' started by BeforeTheLight, Oct 13, 2014.

1. BeforeTheLight

BeforeTheLight

Hello,
    Back in NGUI there used to be a option(can't remember the name of it) to make the slider fill area chop off by fill amount vs. scale by the fill amount.
    1) Is there a similar feature in Unity UI?
    If so
    2) What is it called?

My example is I have a game where the shape is not a rect it is a star and I would like to cut off the star to show a level of completion for each element rather scale and have the full star just shrink toward one side of the background.

Hope this makes a little sense.

Thank you for any help,
    George

2. rakkarage

rakkarage

3. BeforeTheLight

BeforeTheLight

Nice. For those who don't know like me this also works with a slider. Just change this setting on the fill image and you will get a chop instead of a scale with your sliders.

Thanks rakkarage!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  4. zhool

zhool