Search Unity

UI Roadmap?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by andyz, Jul 9, 2018.

1. andyz

andyz

Is there a roadmap for UI work?

Seems like not much has changed for some time yet there are many things which could be done to improve it, greatly like:

- Better out of the box mobile support (bigger hit tests, dpi-independent drag thresholds, dpi-aware directional pads - digitial/analogue) - I coded these things but better to include
    - Set the value of a control without triggering the callback!!! - at least I found community code for this but it is a hack
    - Styling for UI - Changing the theme of a UI easily or just colors. Asset store assets exist but not sure any offer an ideal solution. The old UI had this though was simpler!

User340 likes this.
  2. Ferazel

Ferazel

I would love for the current Unity UI system to get some love. There has been very little coming out of Unity in terms of improvements to the UI components (outside of TextMeshPro that is).

I have a suspicion that the UI team has moved onto another project. Maybe the editor IMGUI replacement UIElement. They seem to be hinting that they want the same UI system in the game as what you use in the editor. Who knows if that system will be fast enough for the mobile players though.

Regardless, there has been very little movement on the UI front in 2018 and would love to get an update by Phil or someone on the team to let us know what’s up.

zyzyx likes this.