Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UI not working / unresponsive on iOS

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Drowning-Monkeys, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

Hi guys,

So this just started happening to me today and I can't seem to figure out what has happened. The UI on iOS has stopped working properly. When you click on say, a Button (the pause button), it should bring in the pause menu. The button knows its being clicked, because it fades in and out, but the menu is not appearing. It takes like 10-20 clicks for the UI to do what it's supposed to do. This is happening on the *entire* UI, not just one pause button. When the UI does respond, it behaves the way it should. Buttons move in and out as expected, and the proper functions get called.

I am not experiencing this problem in the editor / mac os.

Also, I've tried upgrading to 4.6.1p3, deleting all the iOS build folders, restarting the computer, and rebuilding from scratch.

Any thoughts?

ROBYER1 likes this.
  2. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

Well, the plot thickens. This is happening specifically in-game, not in my main menu. This is also not an issue on the Unity UI Demo scenes that were distributed with 4.6. It's like my prefab is busted.

3. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

Well, no idea what happened here - but the 'EventSystem' object in my prefab is corrupted somehow. When i removed it, and added a new EventSystem, everything went back to normal. This explains why the main menu worked, it uses a different EventSystem object.

4. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

So, it looks like this problem is back and I have no idea how to fix it. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Basically, sometimes my EventSystem gameobject kind of 'breaks' and becomes incredibly bad at responding to touches. When clicking the buttons, the buttons react (they fade in/out) but nothing gets executed. Would love some insight here.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  5. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

Well, an update for anyone who is interested.
    I believe (but not 100% certain) that these issues occurred because I enabled "Standalone Input Module" for "activation on mobile device". When unchecked, my level went back to normal. I have not experienced any problems since unchecking that box. Might be something the Unity guys want to check.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  6. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

yea we know there as sometimes issue between the two modules. Standalone seems to take priority when it shouldn't

ROBYER1 likes this.
  7. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

This is infact something i bug-reported ages ago but still nothing :p

8. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

I have a similar problem, it works perfectly on Android but not in iOS (have to click tons of times until the button reacts)

ROBYER1 likes this.
  9. bean-man

bean-man

I still have this issue, and so many years later I cannot find a solution anywhere

10. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

I am having this exact same issue still, will report as a bug and put the bug case number back here so we can track it. Others should do the same.

Reported at (Case 1291989) [UI][AR Foundation] Worldspace UI buttons work fine on Android but intermittently on IOS while in AR

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  11. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Did you have a fix for this? @bean-man