Search Unity

Bug UI-> Menu Missing from "Create" Context Menu

Discussion in '2020.2 Beta' started by KingKRoecks, Oct 29, 2020.

1. KingKRoecks

KingKRoecks

When you right-click in the hierarchy, you can "Create Empty" as well as a number of other common things, like 3D Object, 2D Object, etc.

Previously, there was a "UI" option in here for creating a new GameObject with a Canvas.

This menu appears to be missing as of 2020.2.0b8.3329.

Since UI objects are easily some of the most esoteric components to have to know how to build from scratch, I'd really like to see this option added back into the Context Menu.

Thanks!

2. KingKRoecks

KingKRoecks

I upgraded temporarily to try out the new parameter in the SkinnedMeshRenderer.bakeMesh() to prevent scale from distorting the result of the baked mesh. I'll be downgrading again now lol

3. Creepgin

Creepgin

I'm using 2020.2.0b8.3329, and the UI option is there.

Screenshot 2020-10-29 230642.png

4. KingKRoecks

KingKRoecks

Crazy. Not sure why it wasn't there for me then. I didn't have any errors preventing compilation.

Thanks

Miguel1691 and Creepgin like this.
  5. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

It happened to me when I installed the UI package a while after removing it from a project that the UI submenu did not appear. I restarted the editor and the menu appeared since.

6. Voronoi

Voronoi

I have been having this happen intermittently, and not only is UI missing, but XR and a plug-in that I'm using. Editing a script sometimes fixes it. Right-clicking on the Packages folder and selecting 'Reimport All' fixes it, although it takes a while. Also, usually removing and adding back a Package will fix it.

This error results in a lot of problems building for Xcode. Either the UI is broken, missing or the XR subsytem fails to build resulting in a black screen on the device.

Before building, I have to check my menus that UI and XR are both there. If they are, everything works. It's a pain, and I really can't figure out what is causing the problem. I've tried downgrading the XR packages and removing packages I don't need. Nothing seems to make this go away.

I'm using 2020.2.0b12 on a Mac

gregmtran and DINmatin like this.
  7. Miguel1691

Miguel1691

I have the same problem on Unity 2020.2.1f

Goty-Metal likes this.
  8. L4ZZAR8

L4ZZAR8

I have the same issue with UI and XR in Unity 2020.2.6f1 .. it's really annoying because I have to clear the Library folder and restart the project to fix this. It also prevents my AR features from building correctly.
    Screenshot_1.png

Goty-Metal and dtaddis like this.
  9. Goty-Metal

Goty-Metal

Same issue.... just updated to 2020.3.0f1 and the UI menu dissapeared...

10. etorras

etorras

Same here. Any updates?

11. Goty-Metal

Goty-Metal

So after a few days (i did not update anything) the menu just appeared again, that's really weird... maybe a temp bug after the update? try again @etorras maybe yo're lucky like me:)

12. saitso

saitso

In 2020.3.2f1, I have not UI Option in the Hierrachy.

But i have the option in the menu:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  13. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Could you please submit a bug report for this issue if you are affected by it?

unityunity