Search Unity

UI Management Need advice - Tablets vs Phones

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by EdKirby, Dec 30, 2019.

1. EdKirby

EdKirby

Howdy,

I have a game that I'm going to be releasing soon on iOS for iPad. The UI was originally designed for tablets only. It's a word game so screen real estate is key. However, I do want to support phones so I'm turning my attention to the upcoming changes I need to make to the project.

The issue is I would have to put in a lot of management code, pre-processor directives, code to change backgrounds based on orientation, lock the orientation, tablets would be landscape and phones would be portrait all based on the device etc etc. The UIs would be similar to how Bejeweled does theirs for the different platforms if anyone is familiar. But they are quite different.

My question is whether or not to put all that management code along with the new UIs into the current project or make a separate project for supporting just the phones?

I get that I'd have to be supporting 2 different code bases but I'm thinking it's not a bad trade off considering amount of work to be done and I want to get the iPad version into the store as soon as possible. Feel free to try to change my mind. :) And maybe I'm over-complicating it.

I'll try to post some images.

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  2. EdKirby

EdKirby

Bump! No one?