Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question UI makes me feel like I'm crossing my eyes

Discussion in 'VR' started by Misscelan, Aug 8, 2023.

1. Misscelan

Misscelan

I have an UI in the game, using a Canvas set to World Space, it doesn't matter if I move the UI camera further back or if I play with the scaling of the Canvas. It is very uncomfortable to look at, like I'm crossing my eyes.
    The 3d enviroment looks ok, any idea what could be the problem?

2. Misscelan

Misscelan

Just to add that I found out that If I put a solid background UI image so the 3d world is not visible the problems goes away, so it seems to be a focus problem?

I cannot leave the solid background behind as some UI elements are meant to be displayed on top of 3d elements.

I have tried moving the UI camera from 0.1 units to 2, or even hundreds of units far away and still have the same problem. What are my options?

3. bugfinders

bugfinders

Want to share a pic? maybe people can offer some solutions then

4. Misscelan

Misscelan

Hey, thanks for jumping in. The picture won't add much because they look fine in the editor, the problem only happens in the headset. I have some menus that I guess I can render to a texture and put them in a 3d plane in front of the player.

My problem is some other UI elements, like when you hit a monster and the damage is displayed on top of them, moving that to 3d gets a bit more complicated.

EDIT: one thing I forgot to mention is that the UI camera is a child of the main camera so it moves and rotates with it

5. bugfinders

bugfinders

Ah headset.. thats a crucial part of the information - ive never worked with one - I am as blind as a mole and have a brain that hates many specific things (espcially those fancy electronic eye test devices) so I assumed a VR headset probably would do the same.

Its hard therefore for me to picture what your seeing. putting UI in world space is not usually too complex, and as long as it faces your eyes, so it becomes flat not angular, should also mean reasonably OK.. Colours can be an issue, when they blend in with things mind, but thats true for most UI not on a background.

6. Misscelan

Misscelan

ah no worries, thanks for the help in any case.
    I found the problem the UI cam scale was set to 0

bugfinders likes this.