Search Unity

UI looks different in Editor and iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by matbrummitt, Nov 10, 2015.

1. matbrummitt

matbrummitt

Hi all,

Please see the attached screenshot, which shows the Unity editor on the left, and the app running on my iPhone 6 Plus.

Please can someone explain why the UI has not scaled correctly on my phone? In the editor, if I set to free aspect and stretch the screen in any dimension, it looks much better than when it runs on the phone - I want everything to expand into the empty games in the Y axis rather than leaving a big void with empty space. I must be missing something obvious.

Update:
    When I maximum the viewport to get it as close to iPhone 6 resolution as possible, it's starting to behave the same as on the phone. Still, i'm confused as to how I can fill the vertical space?

Thanks

Mat

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Im getting same issues with UI and Iphone 6 plus. Customers complaining that released buggy game.
    Sad times, things like this dont get much attention but serious issues with iPhone 6 Plus.
    Using 4.6.9p2

3. matbrummitt

matbrummitt

On my UI elements i'm setting the canvas scaler to "scale with screen size" and scripting it to set the reference resolution to match the screen size. This is working nicely for me.

I also updated the UI to use a lot of "layout elements" with flexible widths and heights. which helps to keep scale.

Thanks

Mat

4. montag64

montag64

5. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies