Search Unity

Official UI graphics / Item icons

Discussion in 'Open Projects' started by cirocontinisio, Oct 13, 2020.

1. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

Really cute.
    I like the half hearts, I know Chema was against having too few units of energy (i.e. 3 hearts, for instance) and the half hearts would give us more to play with, without having to have 32 heart icons like in the late stages of Zelda :D

Wilhye and randomscribe like this.
  2. arunchahar

arunchahar

Hey guys, sorry for the delays, I suddenly had few back to back office projects to deal with.:( I will add new ones in weekend. If its already done by community members then no worries.

3. aby_gamemaker

aby_gamemaker

@cirocontinisio Will we only have hearts or have stamina or energy also? If we do give energy meters to hamlet and tiki we could use gatorade like bottles to denote energy on hamlet and tabasco sauce or wasabi bottles on tiki.

4. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

There is only health. I don't see what we could attach to stamina (that would really add to the gameplay and not just be a why not).

paciFIST_Studios likes this.
  5. aby_gamemaker

aby_gamemaker

For tiki stamina could dictate how many fireballs it can shoot since he is just a chick.
    For hamlet maybe big jumps or climbing boulders.

6. auxterlibre

auxterlibre

I have a couple of suggestions regarding the pause popup. First is just a re-skin of the current one following the other elements style. And the alternative option is having the same element we see in the title screen with different options (I am not sure about the technical limitations for this one)

PausePopup.png PauseSideMenu.png

MortyJHin, cirocontinisio and Smurjo like this.
  7. Smurjo

Smurjo

I like the second one.
    There are no technical limitations with different options in "the same" window - of course things can be rearranged by code - but if that gets too cumbersome it can also be an entirely different window that just looks the same.

cirocontinisio likes this.
  8. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

Like Smurjo says, we can freely make a menu that looks "similar but not the same".
    But personally, I prefer the popup. Once we have all things in place, we'll also animate these popups slightly so that they come on screen with a smooth motion, rather than just appear.

9. ChemaDmk

ChemaDmk

Unity Technologies

Hey @auxterlibre this UI looks good, If you have PSDs for it, I can try and integrate it in the project to see how it looks like.

10. sweetsweetbeet

sweetsweetbeet

Hey all - while testing out the settings screen, I noticed that it is fully navigable via pointer devices, but only partially navigable with arrow keys or directional buttons. Using a keyboard/gamepad, I wasn't able to move the selection up into the tabs to change tabs, nor was I able to select on the X button to close out of settings.

Are we interested in having the settings page be fully navigable using directional arrows? If so, I'd be happy to try to open a PR to add that in. Let me know!

(Also, this is my very first post to this project! Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this question. I read the contribution guide, and after searching for existing posts here about this and not seeing anything I decided to reply to this thread, since it's the one linked from the associated Codecs card)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  11. auxterlibre

auxterlibre

Sorry for the suuuuper late reply @ChemaDmk. The PSDs are all here. The popup is inside the HUD file.