Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UI focus bug

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by snacktime, May 1, 2020.

1. snacktime

snacktime

This has happened to me on the last 2 versions, but that's all I've used.

Entering play mode the top menu flickers, and most of the ui is unresponsive. It takes clicking a lot to get focus. If I get focus on some areas like the project view or switch from game/scene it gains focus and sticks. If I can register a click on the top menu it reverts to the bad behavior once I close the dropdown. If I can register a click on a hierarchy item it gets focus but the rest keeps flipping back and forth and it slows the UI greatly.

This doesn't always happen, there is some trigger I can't find and once you hit that it happens consistently when entering play mode until you restart Unity. It triggers fairly often for me, 5-10 minutes or so after I open Unity.

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

It would be great if you could submit a bug report for this issue with a reproducible.

3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I'm having the same issue. There is no obvious reproduce, the problem seems to occur randomly. The reproduce is basically "use Unity for a while" and at some point the UI is stuck as described above.

What I can bring to the table though: Once the UI is stuck and you select an entry in the Hierarchy, Unity outputs this message:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Should not be capturing when there is a hotcontrol
    2. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)
    I've seen this just a minute ago in Unity 2018.4.22f1.

4. snacktime

snacktime

Seems like there is a strong link to if I have had the profiler open. It's not always an immediate trigger, it doesn't go away when the profiler is closed. But not using the profiler like yesterday I didn't use it all day, and no bug. Today it hit right after opening the profiler for the first time.

Sort of makes sense because it acts like a window focus issue, which implies something else is trying to take it.