Search Unity

UI flickers and disappears, but only after build

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by LeRan, Jul 20, 2016.

1. LeRan

LeRan

Hello forum,

I'm coding a 2D RPG, and I just finished the basic UI (menu, inventory and dialog box) that works great when tested with Unity. But once the project is built, the UI flickers 2 or 3 seconds after the .exe is launched, then completely disappears. What's happening, and how to solve that?

For the record, the UI is made of canvas in "screen space - camera", same Z depth as the rest of the 2D game. And, to be insistant, everything is perfectly fine when run from Unity.

2. LeRan

LeRan

I just updated Unity to the latest version (5.3.6f1) and the problem persists : perfect when launched from editor, flickers and disappears when launched from built executable.

But, scoop : it happens when the UI canvas is set to "screen space camera", but it works again when set to "screen space overlay".

I've no idea what's happening!

3. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Have you filed a bug report?

4. LeRan

LeRan

Uh... I must admit that no, I haven't, I was hoping that it was not a bug and that I just had done something wrong. So, I assume that it's a bug then ?

5. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hard to say without seeing the project ;)
    UI flickering has been the symptom of some bugs in the past although they should all be fixed now, its possible something still exists. If you can't solve the issue try to reduce your project down to the bare minimum in order to produce the flickering. If it still happens then file a bug report, if not then figure out what you did to fix it :p