Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UI Environment Scene and Prefab Context

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by daxiongmao, Oct 28, 2021.

1. daxiongmao

daxiongmao

Unity 2021.1.25f1

I have tried editing my prefabs in both isolation and context. In isolation mode it does not load my UI Scene.
    In context mode the default canvas it uses for some reason is set to worldspace and with no camera selected. In the scene that its being opened from the prefab is under a root canvas set to Screen Space - Camera.

I need the Canvas set to Screen Space Camera. I am using layers to render effects on top of UI.
    In the main scene view they are drawn on top correctly. But when going into context mode.
    The greyed out Prefab Mode in Context shows
    upload_2021-10-27_21-57-22.png

If I edit in isolation then it just shows my prefab and nothing from the UI Environment Scene where I have a canvas and a Camera.

Looking at other posts my setup is as follows.

My prefabs have a canvas on their root.
    But when placed in a scene they are children of another main canvas that is set to Screen Space - Camera.
    The prefab is also set to Screen Space - Camera but with no camera specified since the Camera is in the scene.

The values in isolation of my prefabs root canvas are not zero'd out. Like mentioned in another post.

It would be extremely helpful to be able to see the effects rendered in the correct order when editing the prefab and not having to edit in scene view and push the prefab overrides back down into the prefabs.

unityunity