Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug UI Elements Disappearing in Unity 2021.3.17f and Persisting After Exiting Play Mode

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by myllsv, Oct 17, 2023.

1. myllsv

myllsv

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering a puzzling issue with Unity version 2021.3.17f. My UI elements disappear during runtime, and, perplexingly, they remain invisible even after I exit play mode. They're present and active in the hierarchy but aren't visible either in the game view or the scene view. Here's a comprehensive breakdown:

Issue:

UI elements, including [mention specific elements like buttons, text, images], become invisible during runtime.
    These elements remain invisible in both the game view and the scene view after stopping play mode, although they are still active in the hierarchy.
    What I've Attempted:

Checked the rendering order and ensured the Canvas' "Sort Order" isn't dynamically altered.
    Validated the Canvas Render Mode settings.
    Reviewed camera settings, like clear flags and culling.
    Experimented with the default UI shader.
    Checked the Canvas Scaler configurations.
    Toggled between different graphics APIs and ensured my drivers are current.
    Investigated the Unity console for any errors or warnings.
    Made certain the UI elements' color alpha values are accurate.
    Disabled custom scripts and components to diagnose interference.
    Assessed the UI elements in a newly created scene.
    Monitored properties during and after Play mode.
    Created a test build to see if the problem replicates there.

Environment:

Unity Version: 2021.3.17f

Any advice or shared experiences with similar issues would be immensely beneficial. many thanks in advance!