Search Unity

UI drops my fps to 30

Discussion in 'VR' started by Reeley, May 11, 2017.

1. Reeley

Reeley

So i have a problem that when i activate my menu ui my fps instantly are going down to 30. Basically what im trying to do is a menu like that in actiongrams but way simpler. I currently have about 70 images/panels/buttons in my world canvas is that too much? or do i have to do some special things to the ui?

Edit: Im using Unity 5.6.0f3 and my 3d objects are working quite well without frame dropping

mimiCryMuffin likes this.
  2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

This sounds like a known issue we had, were if you had a objects mesh and a text mesh intersecting or colliding it would cause the fps to drop to 30fps. Could confirm if this is what you are seeing?

3. Reeley

Reeley

Unfortunetly i dont have any objects in my scene except for the ui :/

Here is an image of my scene maybe this helps:
    http://imgur.com/a/XQJWL

4. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

It does appear there are some objects in the scene, the look like panels with some text in or on the panels. I think that might be the issue, have you tried turning on latent frame or using single pass instanced rendering?

5. Reeley

Reeley

Oh wait so with object you also mean panels? So i should not have text on the same "z-layer" as my panel/image/etc.?

I will try single pass instanced rendering and latent frame tomorrow and will post my results here. Do i have to activate latent frame through code or is there somewhere a checkbox in the settings?

6. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

7. Reeley

Reeley

Text mesh colliding with other objects it is! After moving my text a little bit of the panel i have no problem with achieving 60fps, kinda wierd bug^^

Can you give me an explanation what latent frame is doing, because the scriptreference doesnt seem to explain whats happening when you turn it on.

And a big thanks for your help :)

mimiCryMuffin and lukasz13 like this.
  8. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Latent frame introduces a little bit of latency to the rendering in order to hit a higher performance bar for the HoloLens. This API can help improve performance with more intense scenes on the HoloLens that would cause the FPS rate to drop.

9. Bitboys

Bitboys

If you are using Screen Space Canvas, uncheck "Pixel perfect"

JackofTraes likes this.
  10. derdimi

derdimi

I've also got frame rate drops from 60 to 30 fps rendering Unity UI on HoloLens. In particular when using a Scroll View. Any ideas?

11. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Report a bug.

Peter77 likes this.