Search Unity

UI does not work on android device

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by paulodgn, Jul 19, 2016.

1. paulodgn

paulodgn

Hello everyone,

Im making a android game and im having trouble with the ui. Everything works on editor and on a Samsung galaxy, but the ui doesnt work in my Asus zenpad. I tryed buttons and images created in the editor, buttons created by script, same result, everything works on editor and samsung, but not in zenpad. Any idea what this can be?
    Thx

ahmadian likes this.
  2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

What do you mean it does not work?
    Can you see the buttons? Is it that you can not press them?
    Do you have any errors in the android log?

3. EndaGallen

EndaGallen

I'm having a similar problem with Unity (5.4.0f1), but I'm building for iOS. I'm making a VR app so my UI is being rendered in the world space. I'm finding certain buttons simply will not trigger their functions with OnClick or PointerClick, same goes for PointerUp/Down. However, animation works fine, including when clicked. Furthermore, the problem is not universal, even though all the buttons are essentially the same. It seems to effect the same buttons over and over, though on some builds they mysteriously work, only to stop on the subsequent build.

I've tried changing graphic raycaster settings, canvas layer order, disabling animation, switching from the button's OnClick to using an Event Trigger's Pointer Click/Up/Down. I've even tried switching from IL2CPP to Mono2x. It's a very frustrating and confusing problem – I've sent in a report so hopefully there'll be a solution soon!

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Whats the report number?

5. EndaGallen

EndaGallen

Case 815957 – thanks!