Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UI Builder rich text properties

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by DrSeltsam, Dec 10, 2020.

1. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam

I'm using UI Builder 1.0.0-preview.11 and UI Toolkit 1.0.0-preview.13 (in combination with Unity 2020.1.16f1). Unfortunately I can't set rich text properties in UI Builder, it says "Rich text properties can be made accessible by installing the latest UI Toolkit package". But I'm already using the latest UI Toolkit package o_O

I did try to delete the Library folder, but that didn't help. Did I miss something? Are rich text properties not yet supported by UI Builder?

2. Chris-Trueman

Chris-Trueman

This has been updated on the patch notes. You need 2021.1 with com.unity.ui installed, which isn't compatible right now, so its a no go till they fix that.

DrSeltsam likes this.
  3. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam

@Chris-Trueman Thanks! Please bear with me, but I can't find that info on the patch notes? o_O It just states that 2020.1.15f1 or newer is required and the latest UI Toolkit version?

4. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

Here are the patch notes (thread):
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/ui-builder-latest-version-1-0-0-preview-11.823545/#post-6564745

Not all features are available in all versions of Unity. You'll see specific (202x.y+) tags beside each feature in the release notes that requires a minimum Unity version.

And yes, Rich Text is only available in 2021.1 with com.unity.ui installed.

DrSeltsam likes this.
  5. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam