Search Unity

Bug UI Builder doesn't save the reference to another uxml when saving twice

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by LanKuDot, Oct 23, 2020.

1. LanKuDot

LanKuDot

Unity version: 2019.4.4f1
    UI Builder version: 1.0.0-preview.9

Reproduce the problem:
    1. Open UI Builder
    2. Drag a button to the ui and save it as UI_Buttom.uxml
    3. Open new file and drag the UI_Button to it. In the UXML preview, the "src" of template is correct. step 3.PNG
    4. Save it as UI_Main.uxml in the same folder. In the UXML preview, the "src" of the template became a relative path. But it still fine. step 4.PNG
    5. Drag a label to the UI_Main.uxml and than save it. In the UXML preview, the "src" of the template is gone. However, the content in the UI_Main.uxml is unchanged. step 5.PNG
    6. Click save again. Error message occurred. In the UXML preview, the template element is gone, but UI_Button in the viewport and hierarchy is still there. And again, the content of the UI_Main.uxml is the same as the preview in the previous step. step 6.PNG
    7. Close the UI Builder and open it again. The UI_Button is gone, but the file content is still the same. step 7.PNG
    So it seems that there are two problems. One is that the "src" for template reference will be disappeared when saving multiple times. The other is that after saving the file using template, the content in the UXML preview is not synchronized to the actual file.

UI Builder is such a nice tool, and I really like to use it. Hope this problem could be fixed soon :)

osama2o1ooo likes this.
  2. antoine-unity

antoine-unity

Unity Technologies

Hello, that's a very detailed report, thank you.

Can I ask you to report through Unity with Help > Report a bug? That is the best way for us to follow up on it.

Thanks

3. LanKuDot

LanKuDot

Yeah. I reported the bug which is Case 1288918. Thanks.

osama2o1ooo likes this.
  4. pazzicze

pazzicze

Hello, what is status of this bug? I have the same bug in Unity 2021.1.7f1

osama2o1ooo likes this.
  5. cpalma-unity

cpalma-unity

Unity Technologies

6. dannychl

dannychl

+1 same here... my uxml in UI builder so far almost done but after clicked ctrl+s, it just delete my whole design for the css and revert back to the previous state without any value in the inspector there

7. PhilSA

PhilSA

Any chance the fix will be backported to 2020.3 LTS?

8. Edvard-D

Edvard-D

I second a request for an update on when this will be backported to 2020.3 LTS. Those of us using DOTS are stuck with it for now, and this bug makes it impossible to use nested templates.