Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

[UI Builder] Creating Toolbar components

Discussion in 'UIElements' started by MaskedMouse, Oct 1, 2019.

1. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

I'm new to using UI Builder, it is a wonderful experience. This makes creating an editor UI easier.
    However, while I was busy creating elements I didn't find a way to recreate the Toolbar GUI.
    I can create it via C# and add it manually but it would be nice to have it available through the UI Builder somehow. It's a style that I'd like to apply but how can you apply an existing editor style? i.e Toolbar and Toolbar button.

2. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

Thanks for trying the UI Builder! You're right. The Toolbar elements are currently missing from the catered list of elements under Unity. I'll try to add them soon. In the meantime, if you enable development mode you should see ALL available elements under the Project section of the Library in the UI Builder, including all the Toolbar elements under the UnityEditor namespace.

To enable development mode, open the Help > About Unity window and type "internal". :)

MaskedMouse likes this.
  3. BinaryCats

BinaryCats

This is great :D , Not partially the feature itself, but just how you activate it! lol

I've worked with unity for years and have never heard about development mode, sorry to derail the thread (but is there any documentation on what development mode actually does?)

MaskedMouse likes this.
  4. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

it probably should be an internal thing hence "internal". I've heard of it before but never use it :p
    In this case it would be handy. Thanks @uDamian

5. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

It's mostly just to enable a bunch of extra functionality that you really only need if you work at Unity, but sometimes, it enables functionality that can help someone work around an issue until it's fixed, so...ya. Don't expect any docs on this feature anytime soon. :)