Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UI Builder and Read Only Toggle for TextFields

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by VOTRUBEC, Feb 17, 2020.

1. VOTRUBEC

VOTRUBEC

I'm assuming it's not my setup causing an issue, as it seems only to be the Read Only toggle for text fields tht's the problem.

When I select a text field to be read only, check box is marked, and the "Set" indicator appears. The layout is save and the UI works correctly - the text field is read only.

When I go to inspect the field again, the Read Only toggle is unchecked and the "Set" indicator is missing. It looks to be completely Unset and not Read Only. BUT, the text field is still read only as initially wanted.

If I then toggle the Read Only on, then off, the "Set" indicator appears, and the text field is now not read only. Which makes sense, as I've saved the tet field as being not Read Only. Again, when the elelent inspector is refrehsed (another element selected and then this element selected again), the Read Only is unset.

I have NOT tested any other field that include Read Only.

2. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

This is a bug, specific to the Read Only flag. It should be fixed in the next version of the UI Builder. You can double check the UXML to see what the real value of the attribute is. It should be fine. The bug is just specific to the Builder's inspector UI.